Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost!

Discus and support Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son is devastated - please help! A message popped up on his android device this morning saying 'Your microsoft account has been disconnected. Sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Axman_882, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Axman_882
    Axman_882 Guest

Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost!

My son is devastated - please help!

A message popped up on his android device this morning saying 'Your microsoft account has been disconnected. Sign in to play on realms, servers and more.'

When we went to minecraft and tried logging in with the normal account details, it asks to choose a gamer tag. When we try to put in his old gamer tag it won't let us move on. Seems all worlds and gamer tag are somehow lost?!

Impossible to contact microsoft!! So frustrating!! Any ideas?

:)

Axman_882, Nov 25, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Axman_882, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Axman_882, your son always used that same account, do you know if he migrated his account at some point. His account that was used to play has always been a Microsoft account?

Try to report this issue here:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is the help centre of Minecraft directly.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Account was hacked

The xbox feature is part of your Microsoft account. Not all accounts have a gamer tag, but all xbox accounts are part of the Microsoft account. The gamer tag which is not a required feature of the Microsoft account is so that gamers can represent themselves
    in a public manner to other gamers without revealing their actual account (which is the account email).

The gamer tag is not part of Microsoft security in any form, it may help you recover a lost account but just having a gamer tag will not give you access to or is part of the security for a Microsoft account. I did Xbox support for three years, I helped
    recover many accounts while customer support was able to do that. I have never heard of a secondary gamer tag before. The only way to recover the account now is through the compromised account link listed above.
  4. ChrisRodgers2 Win User

Minecraft bedrock. Wrong account!

I have exactly the same problem. I had to link my PSN to my Microsoft account to allow cross-platform play in Minecraft.

At first, the attempts to link my accounts failed (for several days). I found a work-around online that suggested buying a free resource pack from the Minecraft store.

I did this, and now someone else's gamer tag is displayed in the bottom left corner of my Minecraft screen. I do not recognise the gamer tag.

When I log in to my Microsoft account on a computer, all my details are correct. When I log in to xbox.com, it shows someone else's gamer tag (the same gamer tag that is shown on the Minecraft screen on PS4), but everything else looks correct.

I have been trying to get an answer from Microsoft Support on Twitter, with no success.

I am very concerned that this may have caused a security breach, either for myself or for the individual whose gamer tag has somehow become linked (to some degree) to my account.

I have been unable to find any way to unlink my PSN account my Microsoft account, in order to start again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
  5. Scykronic Win User

Xbox One players needed.

Yes, I could help but long as you promise you will play Minecraft with me on some of my worlds ok?

My gamer tag is:
  6. Colt45G Win User

Minecraft bedrock. Wrong account!

So i found out that when i used my skype account linking the minecraft ps4 account microsoft made a gamer tag for me and once i realized this i just went ahead and changed it. I assumed it would use my playstation gamer tag . It didnt tell me that it would
    be making one for me and it didnt even give me the option at the time to make my own. So once i logged into the microsoft account and looked at the xbox account stuff there was the odd gamer tag
Thema:

1. Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost! - Similar Threads - Minecraft microsoft account

2. Migrated to a Microsoft account; says I don't own Minecraft: Java Edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrated to a Microsoft account; says I don't own Minecraft: Java Edition.: I have migrated my Mojang account over to a Microsoft one. I own Java Edition on this account, but it says I do not. I also had a copy of Minecraft Bedrock using the same Microsoft account that I...
  3. Microsoft keeps saying that I don't own Minecraft after migration of mojang account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft keeps saying that I don't own Minecraft after migration of mojang account: Well, I migrated my Mojang account and now it says on minecraft.net and in the new Minecraft Launcher that I don't own the game. I own the game since 2012. So what happened to my copy of the game....
  4. Two Minecraft accounts through one Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two Minecraft accounts through one Microsoft account.: Hello, thanks to the Xbox game pass, I have Minecraft bundle for PC, but I already have a Minecraft on my Microsoft account. Can I somehow make work two minecraft accounts in one Microsoft...
  5. Only demo mode available after migrating to Microsoft account Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Only demo mode available after migrating to Microsoft account Minecraft.: So I migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account successfully about 3-4 days ago, but when I was in the Microsoft account it only lets me play the demo and tells me to buy the game. It also...
  6. Cant sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft PS4: When I load up the game, I click 'Sign in with Microsoft Account' it tells me to go on aka.ms on another device so i do that. However when i have put in the code it comes up with a message saying...
  7. Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...: I am using an xbox one console and I can no longer access minecraft realms plus. I get the message: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up" I have a game pass...
  8. How do I find the email I used to link my Microsoft account and my PSN account on Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I find the email I used to link my Microsoft account and my PSN account on Minecraft?: I was able to join my friends world until I was suddenly logged out of my minecraft account, now I can't join. Whenever I try to login, it says it's already linked to another account. I don't know...
  9. 2 minecraft accounts linked to the same microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 minecraft accounts linked to the same microsoft account: Hi, back in februari-april this year i decided to buy another minecraft account. Migration had just started so i had to make the account using a microsoft account. Everything was working fine...
  10. Need to rebuy minecraft after migrating to microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to rebuy minecraft after migrating to microsoft account: I just migrated my Mojang minecraft account to my microsoft account and now when i log in it just says "play demo" and i need to rebuy? I already searched the web for answers but nothing i found...