Minecraft Migration Issue

Discus and support Minecraft Migration Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account for PC. I've had the game purchased for ages, but when I migrated, the Microsoft launcher... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by beeves, Dec 3, 2021.

1. beeves
    beeves Guest

I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account for PC. I've had the game purchased for ages, but when I migrated, the Microsoft launcher did not register that I had the game on my Microsoft account. However, it had a pop-up that I owned it on my Mojang account and recommended me to login to that account instead. When I went to do so, it told me that I had already migrated my account and I would have to login to my Microsoft account. It has been running me in circles. I even tried to just buy the game again but minecraft.net stopped me because I "already owned the game" but it was on the account that I physically cannot access. Please help I just want to play the game.

:)

beeves, Dec 3, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @ErinBuell! I hope that you are doing well today!

If you haven't already, please try the following instructions.

After the migration, you have to ADD a NEW account, and link it to your Microsoft account. Startup will take longer, but it sure works.

On the login prompt in the java launcher, go back. You'll see the Mojang account you had been signing into - ignore it, and add a new account to the launcher. Using the email address associated with the Microsoft account you just migrated to, sign in with the email address and password of your Microsoft account. It's not an elegant migration on the UX side of things, but it does work.
  3. ClarkieBeans1 Win User

Minecraft Migration issues

I've sent a ticket, hopefully something gets fixed because I've played for years and to have something like this happen after so long is pretty rough....

Cheers
  4. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Open the launcher, go to settings and accounts remove all accounts from the launcher by clicking on the 3 dots and then on remove.

Then log back into the launcher using the Microsoft account you used in the migration process. If the process persists, please uninstall and install the new launcher via the Microsoft Store or Xbox app.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ErinBuell! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

To login now that you migrated your account you need to press in the go back option during the log in screen and after that choose login with Microsoft

[​IMG]
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

You are most welcome @ErinBuell!

Please make sure to report back if the issue is resolved.

Have a great night you too!

Always happy to help!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Migration Issue - Similar Threads - Minecraft Migration Issue

2. (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore: A little while ago I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and everything seemed to be fine. Time passes and I'm on a trip using my laptop to try and play some Minecraft. When I...
  3. Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues: Minecraft launcher and Minecraft.net each have both my Microsoft and Mojang accounts listed. On the Launcher, clicking my Gamertag pops the error message "Something went wrong in the login...
  4. Minecraft account migration issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account migration issues: Hello, after trying to migrate my account I have been unable to access it in any way shape or form, haven't been able to log into it or even reset the password. It has been about 2 weeks since...
  5. Minecraft migration issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft migration issues: Hello, I recently migrated from minecraft mojan to minecraft microsoft but when i'm connected on my minecraft microsoft it's say that i don't own the game. What should i do ? I tried to contact...
  6. Minecraft migration issue. Mojang can't help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft migration issue. Mojang can't help: My two sons were prompted to migrate their profiles, they sat with me and did the exact same thing at the exact same time, one migrated fine, the other didn't. After multiple stages of escalation...
  7. Minecraft account migration issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account migration issue: (Before I make my post I would like to make it clear that Mojang support sent me here after confirming they cannot help me. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME BACK TO THEM) After migrating my Mojang account...
  8. Minecraft migration issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft migration issues: So, I learned to day that Minecraft account migration has finally begun, and so I went to link my accounts like anyone else, only to run into a problem... apparently, my Microsoft account is...
  9. Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue: I migrated and tried to login Microsoft account in minecraft launcher. Whenever i try to login there's a new launcher window opening and... Nothing. Just empty dark-gray MInecraft launcher window....
  10. Minecraft Migration issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Migration issues: Hi, I've just migrated and now it claims I don't own the Java edition, I certainly do own it and have done since the early days way before Mojang was bought by Microsoft... All I want is the game...