Minecraft Nintendo Switch/ Add friends/ Gamertag

Discus and support Minecraft Nintendo Switch/ Add friends/ Gamertag in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I created a new Microsoft account for my son, used it to sign into Minecraft on his Nintendo Switch. It automatically gave him a Gamertag which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by AprilRoseS, Nov 28, 2019.

1. AprilRoseS
    AprilRoseS Guest

I created a new Microsoft account for my son, used it to sign into Minecraft on his Nintendo Switch. It automatically gave him a Gamertag which I changed successfully however his original Gamertag is still showing on his Minecraft profile instead of the
    new one(New tag is appearing on our Xbox 360 and online account,just not the Switch).Also I can't figure out how to add friends to his account, I have searched every article, asked in support, tried on my online microsoft account AND my xbox 360 and there
    is no clear answer. Please someone help me!

:)

AprilRoseS, Nov 28, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi AprilRoseS,

You don't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch, so that has nothing to do with it. I posted a link to a support article which explains how to add friends from Xbox.com but I'll go ahead and post the steps here for easier
    accessibility:

1. From the Xbox.com page, select Sign in at the top right-hand side of the page. Make sure to sign in to you child's account, not yours.
    2. Select your gamerpic, and from the dropdown, select Friends.
    3. Type the gamertag in the Search gamertag box. Be sure to pay close attention to the gamertag's spelling and spacing.
    4. Select Add friend to add the person’s gamertag to your friends list.

If it won't let you because of age restrictions, you will need to manage your child's Xbox Live privacy settings online through your own adult account if you have already added your child account to the Family. The following article will explain everything
    you need to know on how to manage a child's Xbox Live privacy settings through Xbox.com: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids.
    Please read through the support article for further assistance.
  3. AprilRoseS Win User

Thank you for your assistance Diego. Unfortunately the article and explanation did not help with adding friends, however the Gamer Tag issue seems to have corrected itself. I am still wondering how I can turn on permissions for my sons account to add friends.
    I have added him to my "family" but there is nothing in in "manage" regarding permissions for adding friends. We share an Xbox Live subscription, could this be why? Is he only able to have his own friends if I purchase Xbox live for him too? He only plays
    Minecraft on Nintendo and I have purchased Nintendo online already.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi AprilRoseS,

Contact Xbox Customer Support:

1. Contact us here
    2. Select Xbox One
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Payment & billing under Account management
    5. Select show contact options
    6. Select "Request a call from Support" if available within hours of operation or there should be a number for you to call and hours of operation for your region if a callback option is not available

Contact Nintendo Support: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

Contact Minecraft Support: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  5. AprilRoseS Win User

Thank you for trying. That did not work either, there is still no option to turn on or off permissions for adding friends. Is there a phone number I can call to talk to someone directly? The support bot was not helpful and unfortunately this was not helpful
    either, although I appreciate your efforts. I followed the steps directly multiple times and even tried clicking through every other available option and there is nothing whatsoever to turn on permissions for adding friends. I would greatly appreciate if you
    would happen to know the number to talk to someone to get a clear answer on this topic. Thank you so much.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi AprilRoseS,

As I cannot access the Xbox privacy settings on Xbox.com with a child account, I can't tell you what is on there and what isn't but all Xbox Live privacy settings you find on an Xbox One console should also be listed on Xbox.com. The setting you should be
    looking for would be listed under Friends & clubs and then Allow should be set for "You can add friends."

Sign in to https://account.xbox.com/. Click on the profile icon in the top right and the select the 3 dots (…) and then Xbox settings. On the following page you should see some account
    settings, but you will want to select Privacy & online safety. At this point I'm locked from going any further on my end because the website requires account verification so I can't see the following page after that.

You can also always try modifying the child account's privacy settings from the Xbox 360 console. First you will need to make sure the adult account and child account have been downloaded to the console. Then sign in with the adult account and On your
    console, go to Settings, and then select Family.
    Select the gamertag of the child whose settings you want to adjust. Under
    Privacy & Online Settings, select Change Settings. Update the settings and then exit the screen to save.

I hope that helps!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Nintendo Switch/ Add friends/ Gamertag - Similar Threads - Minecraft Nintendo Switch

2. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition bug(s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition bug(s): Here's what I wrote: [img] 2ccf7152-14e3-4b28-953d-e02c557ff22f
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Automatic Sign In(Nintendo Switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Automatic Sign In(Nintendo Switch): Everytime i want to play minecraft on my nintendo switch i have to do the whole code verification thing just play on Servers, Realms, etc. And i have to do all of this because the automatic sign...
  4. Minecraft PC and Nintendo Switch cross-play

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft PC and Nintendo Switch cross-play: Hey, I've just got a copy of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch, how do I connect to my game on PC? It doesn't show up in "Friends" tab saying nobody's playing right now. Same for connecting to console...
  5. How do I stop minecraft bedrock on nintendo switch from crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop minecraft bedrock on nintendo switch from crashing?: when I try to load up a world I have or a server it crashes. It says that the software has closed because an error occured. d6f9a263-6c95-41b0-973d-8afde8aff30f
  6. Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: Can i delete skinpacks when i purchased them? Same question for free skinpacks. ece755cb-0859-40a8-bf36-fdfd552960b9
  7. trouble of minecraft 1.13 on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trouble of minecraft 1.13 on nintendo switch: My daughter are enjoying minecraft on nintendo switch everyday, but she can't enjoy it after version up to 1.13 at the end of Oct! When she selected any world, error message was displayed. All...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Nintendo Switch) não conecta do mundo do amigo. [Edit -...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Nintendo Switch) não conecta do mundo do amigo. [Edit -...: Seja na mesma plataforma, ou seja crossplay, o Minecraft Bedrock Edition do Nintendo Switch não conecta no mundo de ninguém. Já tentei (e fiz): *Abrir as portas, da Xbox Live e da conta Nintendo...
  9. Minecraft on windows 10 and nintendo switch

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft on windows 10 and nintendo switch: Helo, I have a quick quastion. I have nintendo switch and minecraft windows 10 edition is there any way for me to get free minecraft bedrock on nintendo switch because of that....
  10. Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change: I recently got Minecraft on Switch and realized that once I logged in, my gamer tag was randomly generated. I looked online for how to fix it and found some forums on this site, but the links in...