Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change

Discus and support Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got Minecraft on Switch and realized that once I logged in, my gamer tag was randomly generated. I looked online for how to fix it and found... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mikerosanelli, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change

I recently got Minecraft on Switch and realized that once I logged in, my gamer tag was randomly generated. I looked online for how to fix it and found some forums on this site, but the links in the response of the ambassador's solution all send me to
    a page about editing a child's Microsoft account which is not what I requested. If anyone could help me with this that would be great

:)

mikerosanelli, Sep 26, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. Kiersten Waters Win User

I tried that, but every time I try to visit account.xbox.com, it automatically takes me to a page about changing your child's Xbox privacy (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings)
    and so I can't sign in. It even happens when I go to Xbox.com and click on "my account"--I get redirected to the same page. I have no idea why this keeps happening. Also, I can't click on "sign in" on the Xbox website.
  4. mikerosanelli Win User

I brought up the issue with some friends and they suggested I go on the xbox app and change it from there which it worked. Either way thx for helping me out
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Change your gamertag through a web browser:

1. Go to the Change gamertag page at account.xbox.com.
    2. Sign in using the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag.
    3. Enter your new gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
    4. Once you find an available gamertag, click Claim it.

Note If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra.
    5. If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency).
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    mikerosanelli

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change - Similar Threads - Minecraft Nintendo Switch

2. Nintendo switch Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nintendo switch Minecraft: I bought coins in minecraft with my microsoftaccount. Each time that I want to play, the nintendo switch gives me another free account. So I loose my coins. What can I do?...
  3. I got someone elses account when logging into Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got someone elses account when logging into Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: When I logged into Nintendo Switch Minecraft, it said that it connected with an Xbox live account even though I don't even have one. Then, when I tried to join a realm, it said that I "cannot play...
  4. Microsoft account won't link to Nintendo Switch for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account won't link to Nintendo Switch for Minecraft: After some advice, please. I have a Microsoft account & Xbox Live. I have followed the remote connect login link and entered the code. Phone & laptop say I am signed in, the successful login...
  5. Missing minecoins after connecting my grandson's nintendo switch minecraft account to a new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing minecoins after connecting my grandson's nintendo switch minecraft account to a new...: I created a Microsoft account for my grandson so he could join my Xbox based Minecraft world using his Nintendo switch. He was able to join and play on my world but afterward, he couldn't find any...
  6. Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch: How do I Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch? 03750a92-ffbe-4605-8142-7287ad995d6d
  7. Problemi nell'accesso di Minecraft dungeon su Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemi nell'accesso di Minecraft dungeon su Nintendo switch: Buonasera, ho problemi nell'accesso di Minecraft dungeon Nintendo Switch sul secondo profilo, pochi giorni fa riuscico ad utilizzarlo senza problemi. Ma da oggi mi chiede solo di premere un tasto...
  8. 닌텐도 스위치 마인크래프트 던전스 저장데이터 무한 로딩 현상[Translation-Nintendo Switch Minecraft Dungeons Storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    닌텐도 스위치 마인크래프트 던전스 저장데이터 무한 로딩 현상[Translation-Nintendo Switch Minecraft Dungeons Storage...: 기종은 닌텐도 스위치 입니다. 케릭터 복 를 하면 케릭터 보 불러 오는 화면에서 무한로딩 됩니다. 게임 재 설치를 하여도 동일하며 세이브파일까지 삭 하면 다시 상 플 이가 가능 합니다. 복 를 하면 안되는 건가요? 아니면 스위치에만 있는 버그인가요? [Translation-The model is a Nintendo Switch. If...
  9. Minecraft dungeons ya no abre en mi Nintendo switch[Translation-Minecraft dungeons no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft dungeons ya no abre en mi Nintendo switch[Translation-Minecraft dungeons no...: Hola tengo un problema con el nuevo juego Minecraft dungeons en mi Nintendo switch , inicie la sesión y todo iba bien no tenía problemas y me aparecían los amigos de mi cuenta de Xbox pero no los...
  10. MineCraft Dungeons NINTENDO SWITCH BUG

in XBoX on Consoles
    MineCraft Dungeons NINTENDO SWITCH BUG: Basicamente minha conta Microsoft foi bloqueada esses dias por causa que alguem tento acessa-la, eu desbloqueia ela e agora esta funcionando, POREM no nintendo switch quando tento me conectar no...