Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change

Discus and support Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got Minecraft on Switch and realized that once I logged in, my gamer tag was randomly generated. I looked online for how to fix it and found... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mikerosanelli, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change

I recently got Minecraft on Switch and realized that once I logged in, my gamer tag was randomly generated. I looked online for how to fix it and found some forums on this site, but the links in the response of the ambassador's solution all send me to
    a page about editing a child's Microsoft account which is not what I requested. If anyone could help me with this that would be great

:)

mikerosanelli, Sep 26, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. Kiersten Waters Win User

I tried that, but every time I try to visit account.xbox.com, it automatically takes me to a page about changing your child's Xbox privacy (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings)
    and so I can't sign in. It even happens when I go to Xbox.com and click on "my account"--I get redirected to the same page. I have no idea why this keeps happening. Also, I can't click on "sign in" on the Xbox website.
  4. mikerosanelli Win User

I brought up the issue with some friends and they suggested I go on the xbox app and change it from there which it worked. Either way thx for helping me out
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Change your gamertag through a web browser:

1. Go to the Change gamertag page at account.xbox.com.
    2. Sign in using the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag.
    3. Enter your new gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
    4. Once you find an available gamertag, click Claim it.

Note If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra.
    5. If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency).
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    mikerosanelli

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Nintendo Switch Gamertag change - Similar Threads - Minecraft Nintendo Switch

2. Minecraft on windows 10 and nintendo switch

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft on windows 10 and nintendo switch: Helo, I have a quick quastion. I have nintendo switch and minecraft windows 10 edition is there any way for me to get free minecraft bedrock on nintendo switch because of that....
  3. Minecraft Nintendo Switch - Recover Deleted Worlds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Nintendo Switch - Recover Deleted Worlds?: I went to go copy a survival world on my switch to make a creative copy. Instead of making a copy I accidentatly deleted the whole world. I put a lot of time into this world and I have found no...
  4. Minecraft (nintendo switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (nintendo switch): I cant play, just getting an error. That says I lost my connection. Ive tried everything I can think of. I am online so the message is wrong bit I still did theese changes, changed the ip adress,...
  5. Nintendo Switch - Minecraft - "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nintendo Switch - Minecraft - "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...: Wow Microsoft! You made this WAYYYYY to complicated,. Here's how to fix the problem: 1. Login to xbox live account. 2. go to Profile 3. go to Privacy Settings 4. You should see users listed...
  6. Minecraft Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Nintendo switch: I just bought minecraft and tried signing into my microsoft account and the “let’s play” button shows up, but after that, nothing else happens and it wont work. What should i do?...
  7. Nintendo switch minecraft -Realms problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nintendo switch minecraft -Realms problem: Hey, i understand microsoft works with primarily xbox and windows but i have recently purchased the minecraft nintendo switch edition. It is the bedrock version of the game. When i try and click...
  8. Minecraft Xbox 360 DLC not transferring/owned on the Nintendo Switch/Bedrock Edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox 360 DLC not transferring/owned on the Nintendo Switch/Bedrock Edition?: Not sure where to ask this but I recently purchased Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch and quickly realized that all of my previous DLC that I had purchased on the Xbox 360 version was not showing...
  9. Transferring Minecraft private world from Nintendo Switch to brand new Xbox 1s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring Minecraft private world from Nintendo Switch to brand new Xbox 1s: hello everyone, I have the cross platform stuff on my minecraft for Switch but as I am fairly new to xbox 1 I have no idea to transfer my world. Its pretty much the whole reason I got an xbox 1 so...
  10. Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch: I recently got Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) for the first time on my Switch and when I created a Microsoft account for it, it gave me an auto-generated username that I would like to change. I have...