Minecraft on iOS won't allow friends to be added

Discus and support Minecraft on iOS won't allow friends to be added in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; How do i give permission to my child to add friend on Minecraft for iOS. It currently says "You cannot add friends because of how your Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by JohnWhite77, May 23, 2020.

1. JohnWhite77
    JohnWhite77 Guest

How do i give permission to my child to add friend on Minecraft for iOS. It currently says "You cannot add friends because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings."

Whe i go into these settings all options under the privacy tab are set to "friends", and all options under "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety" are set as allow.

The program allows friends to invite him, but not him to invite others.

if he plays it on the Xbox One X it allows him to add friends.

Thanks

:)

JohnWhite77, May 23, 2020
  2. alexroboticyt Win User

How do i add people on a iphone 6s
    Hi! I'm an Ambassador for Xbox, My name is Alex and I'll be glad to help!

You need the Xbox app in order to add friends, once you sign into an Xbox account it syncs with your friends list to invite people from there!

Thanks!
  3. brookecrawley1 Win User

How do i add people on a iphone 6s
  4. alexroboticyt Win User

Hi,

Do you have the ability to log in on a phone/computer to see if these settings have really changed device-wide?

Also, have you done the hard reset I mentioned in the first comment? This may seem odd, but sometimes it helps!

If your child can play on another console, I'm assuming this isn't an account issue, but please try hard restarting and let me know!
  5. JohnWhite77 Win User

Thanks for the quick response.

i have changing his account setting, but even when i set it with an adult profile it still doesnt allow him to invite his friends when playing on the ipad. He can be invited and can join but us unable to invite friends to his world.

what am i missing?
  6. alexroboticyt Win User

Hi there,

If your child has their own Child account on the Xbox, this prohibits a lot of inviting/friending functionalities on their end.

Make sure when you modify settings you are in their account before making changes, he may be on a different account on the XB ONE X.

Otherwise, kindly hold the power button on the affected Xbox down for 8-10 seconds to clear cache and restart. This may clear up your problem.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Minecraft on iOS won't allow friends to be added - Similar Threads - Minecraft iOS won't

2. Unable to send and see chats on minecraft for ios

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to send and see chats on minecraft for ios: I play minecraft on my ipad, and i play on servers (usually The Hive.) I noticed that a month or two ago i was unable to see the chats that people would send in game. i tried to send chats to my...
  3. I can't sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Bedrock Edition through iOS

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Bedrock Edition through iOS: have an Xbox account, and I am attempting to login to my Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOS with it. But when I finish login, it gives me this error message: Sorry, something went wrong. Give it...
  4. Minecraft on iOS not syncing marketplace contents or minecoin to Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on iOS not syncing marketplace contents or minecoin to Microsoft account.: The title of the "WARNING" that prompts says "Save purchases to a Microsoft Account", with a big button that says "Save to Microsoft Account". Clicking "Save to Microsoft Account" does nothing,...
  5. Minecraft para ios não está funcionando[Translation-Minecraft for ios is not working]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft para ios não está funcionando[Translation-Minecraft for ios is not working]: Comprei há algumas horas o jogo minecraft para ios na app store, mas ele simplesmente não funciona, eu tento criar um mundo e o app fecha e eu tento entrar em servidores e falam que eu tenho que...
  6. Minecraft iOS error code 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft iOS error code 5: Had to buy minecraft twice and its so frustrating because i thought my sister could use it the first time due to it being family shared since i have it so thats when i bought it again because it...
  7. I can’t find my packs on Minecraft pocket edition for iOS

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can’t find my packs on Minecraft pocket edition for iOS: I purchased packs on my iphone for minecraft, but when i logged into my account they had disappeared even though I selected save to my account and not leave on my device....
  8. Error with iOS iPad Minecraft login - “something went wrong please try again”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with iOS iPad Minecraft login - “something went wrong please try again”: Following up on this now locked question, i cannot login to minecraft on ipad on a child’s account....
  9. Some trouble with the Microsoft account and minecraft PE for ios?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some trouble with the Microsoft account and minecraft PE for ios?: Hi guys, two months ago i purchased minecraft pe on an ipad, and had trouble connecting to multiplayer servers, because after tapping the sign in button, and logging with my microsoft account, the...
  10. Minecraft crashing on (ios)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft crashing on (ios): I just paid for the game, it's just coming in and the screen freezes, I think this happens when my xbox account starts the session, I tried to re-install it, restart the device and updated...