Minecraft PE is crashing upon login.

Discus and support Minecraft PE is crashing upon login. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a long time user of minecraft and never before had I come across this issue. I've looked elsewhere and it seems that this issue is very... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nana.bear, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Nana.bear
    Nana.bear Guest

Hello, I am a long time user of minecraft and never before had I come across this issue. I've looked elsewhere and it seems that this issue is very common and is being swept under the rug.

Ever since the new update for minecraft pocket edition, it has signed me out of my xbox account (owonews) and does not allow me back in. The game launches just fine, however once I press "sign in" it all crashes and gives me the option to restart, close
    it, or report the issue. It doesnt matter what I press, the issue remains and has for several months now.

Info you might need;

My xbox account is "owonews"

I use a Samsung S7

What I have tried;

-Restarted my phone

-Deleted and reinstalled the app

-Signing in on the xbox app and online before pressing sign in on minecraft

-i have even gotten a whole new device (my last one broke) and it continues to crash, so I know a factory reset will do nothing.

-purchased the app a second time on my alt Google account

Nothing worked, and I dont see what else I can do from here other than call it out for what it is, a faulty product.

:)

Nana.bear, Nov 6, 2020
  2. krekk1599 Win User

Minecraft crashes upon login in to Xbox Live.

Same problem on my child's account. It was working fine, then changed her email address, now it crashes every time she tries to log on. Microsoft you made a 5 year old cry, shame! ;-)
  3. lunazm00n Win User

I found that there is an issue with Microsoft Account and the Security Auditing Policy on my local machine when authenticating to Xbox Live & Minecraft.

Example:

My MS Account was originally @gmail.com

I changed my primary alias to @outlook.com

This throws a security audit exception when authenticating to Xbox Live with Minecraft.

In short... Xbox tries to verify @outlook.com, OS expects @gmail. Minecraft dies.

Solution:

Move my primary alias back to what Windows 10 was expecting (@gmail). Problem solved.

You can verify this by looking in your Event Viewer after Minecraft Crashes. Then look in the Security Audit logs to see what user name its trying to match up against.
    wait what if you changed your primary alias from gmail.com to gmail.com?
  4. MutantPike Win User

thanks for the reply, but it did not help.

In events log this is what I get:

Faulting application name: Minecraft.Windows.exe, version: 1.16.20.3, time stamp: 0x5f236b9c
    Faulting module name: Minecraft.Windows.exe, version: 1.16.20.3, time stamp: 0x5f236b9c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000001f8e6d8
    Faulting process ID: 0x3950
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d687ab1b339380
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.16.2003.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.16.2003.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    Report ID: 95ac97ed-9dfc-400b-8924-99d18706481d
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.16.2003.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

and it seems like it occurs simultaneously with this error:

svchost (11516,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.
  5. OstridgeBot Win User

I found that there is an issue with Microsoft Account and the Security Auditing Policy on my local machine when authenticating to Xbox Live & Minecraft.

Example:

My MS Account was originally @gmail.com

I changed my primary alias to @outlook.com

This throws a security audit exception when authenticating to Xbox Live with Minecraft.

In short... Xbox tries to verify @outlook.com, OS expects @gmail. Minecraft dies.

Solution:

Move my primary alias back to what Windows 10 was expecting (@gmail). Problem solved.

You can verify this by looking in your Event Viewer after Minecraft Crashes. Then look in the Security Audit logs to see what user name its trying to match up against.
  6. WITHEREDxWIZARD Win User

Ive also been having the same issue, its fine when i load up the game when im not signed into an account but the second i sign in it instantly freezes and i have to manually close minecraft.

For me, you can fix for a little bit by unistalling (which also is being weird and taking too long just to unistall) and then re-installing minecraft. But you have to do it everytime you launch minecraft and its annoying to have to unistall then reinstall
    everytime i want to play.

Please help

(Edit): you may need to hard reset as well
Thema:

1. Minecraft PE is crashing upon login. - Similar Threads - Minecraft crashing upon

2. Minecraft Xbox Launcher Crashes My Computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox Launcher Crashes My Computer: Hello! I recently installed the Xbox version of the Minecraft launcher, nothing went wrong until today. I needed to restart my game to join my realm after being inactive for to long, then my...
  3. Minecraft NEWEST Launcher (november 2nd) Crash?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft NEWEST Launcher (november 2nd) Crash?: Hi, when I opened minecraft I got the notification to use a new launcher, so I downloaded to the C: drive. When I tried opening it, it opens up to the login page where you either select microsoft...
  4. Minecraft crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashing: Hello, I am having an issue where every time I try to join my friends world on Minecraft, my Xbox one crashes and sends me back to the Home Screen. I have been playing on it for a while and we...
  5. My Minecraft is crashing (Xbox One S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft is crashing (Xbox One S): I've had a problem where i cant jo past the loading screen on minecraft, It always stops at 98%, all other games seem to work just fine, but minecraft in specific doesn't. I already tried...
  6. Minecraft crashing upon startup on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft crashing upon startup on Xbox One: Hello! My Xbox got the green screen of death a week ago. After I troubleshooted my console and booting to the dashboard, I opened Minecraft. Minecraft loads, and loads, and loads. When Minecraft...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes/qtd upon logging into xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes/qtd upon logging into xbox live: Hello, So I've been wanting to play Minecraft VR, but in order to do that, I need to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. The problem is that every single time I click the login button, it...
  8. Minecraft crashes upon login in to Xbox Live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashes upon login in to Xbox Live.: As in the title, The game crashes upon the attempt to log in to Xbox Live. I run it on windows 10. I did not have this problem previously. Please help, Regards,...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Editions Crashing upon Startup.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Editions Crashing upon Startup.: I've been trying to play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but every time I open the app, it instantly crashes before even loading to the title screen. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling,...
  10. Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...

in XboX Insiders
    Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...: This has been happening for a while now, on my old Xbox one and my Xbox one S. Basically, whenever I get off Minecraft to go play something else, it doesn't start and just makes me restart the...