Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues

Discus and support Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Minecraft launcher and Minecraft.net each have both my Microsoft and Mojang accounts listed. On the Launcher, clicking my Gamertag pops the error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MrBeauregarde, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues

Minecraft launcher and Minecraft.net each have both my Microsoft and Mojang accounts listed.

On the Launcher, clicking my Gamertag pops the error message "Something went wrong in the login process"

On the Launcher, clicking my Mojang ID leads to the classic login window. Mojang credentials pop the error "invalid email or password"

On the Launcher, my Mojang ID has a box labelled "Migrate", pressing it opens Minecraft.net/.../profile

Minecraft.net/.../profile/skin shows I have the Migrator Cape

I've only been able to play once since migration 3 months ago.

Minecraft/Java Edition

Windows 8.1

:)

MrBeauregarde, Nov 25, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Remove the launcher and install the new version via the Mojang website. When you log into the launcher, use the option to log in with your Microsoft account that was used in the account migration process.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue

Hi Cup4ik! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Could you share a screenshot of this? Does it happens after selecting login with Microsoft account?
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

"To Many Failed Login Attempts, Reset your Password" Loop! Please Help!

Hi Kerric B,

I'm sorry you are having issues with Minecraft, I know you and your son are frustrated. I will do my best to help you through this.

I understand you keep resetting the password, but see if any of these work. There have been a lot of people having issues due to the migration.

Here are some options according to the Minecraft support site - Minecraft: Java Edition Login Issues FAQ

• To reset the password for a Minecraft account (where you log in with your username) you need to visit account.mojang.com/migrate and migrate your account to a Mojang account. After doing this you will be able to reset your password.
    • To reset the password for a Mojang account (where you log in with your email address) visit the Forgot Password page. 
    • To reset the password for a Microsoft account visit the  forgotten password guide from Microsoft. 
    Here is the full Login issues FAQ Minecraft: Java Edition Login Issues FAQ – Home
    Here is a list of articles on Migrating in case these help Java Migration – Home (minecraft.net)
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Ok I migrated Minecraft So how do I play my game?

Hi ClaireBow! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In the Minecraft launcher login screen you need to select the go back button and the login with Microsoft and use the Email and password of the Microsoft account you migrated your Minecraft account to
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Minecraft post migration

Hello BigTortilla,

Please check your Order history to confirm that the game was successfully purchased under your account!

If it is, try to add a NEW account, and link it to your Microsoft account.

On the login prompt in the java launcher, go back. You'll see the Mojang account you had been signing into - ignore it, and add a new account to the launcher. Using the email address associated with the Microsoft account you just migrated to, sign in with the email address and password of your Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. Minecraft: Post-Migration Login Issues - Similar Threads - Minecraft Post Migration

2. Minecraft Won't Download and I've tried basically everything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Won't Download and I've tried basically everything.: Hi I've (accidently) purchased both Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft for Windows. Neither will open. I've tried resetting the app data, running PowerShell, making sure everything is up to date...
  3. 0x00000001 error trying to download minecraft for my daughter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x00000001 error trying to download minecraft for my daughter: trying to download minecraft for my daughter on her laptop. First, the original minecraft launcher would not work After countless errors in trying to download the xbox app (microsoft refused to...
  4. Minecraft Migration Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Migration Issue: I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account for PC. I've had the game purchased for ages, but when I migrated, the Microsoft launcher did not register that I had the game on my...
  5. Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue: I migrated and tried to login Microsoft account in minecraft launcher. Whenever i try to login there's a new launcher window opening and... Nothing. Just empty dark-gray MInecraft launcher window....
  6. Minecraft post migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft post migration: Hello, I migrated my minecraft account to microsoft account, and now it says i dont own minecraft? How do i fix this? 57b7cdf0-c6d0-4aef-924f-569148233bcd
  7. I can't post a looking for group post for my Minecraft Bedrock edition realm because the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't post a looking for group post for my Minecraft Bedrock edition realm because the...: This is absolutely outrageous, and Xbox better fix their stuff before I move to PS4. IM PAYING FOR THIS! I honestly hate Xbox at this point, and I only stay with them because I have all my games...
  8. Minecraft friend can't connect to my world (read full post)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft friend can't connect to my world (read full post): So me and my friend are both on Xbox One, were both on the same version of minecraft, and both of our nat types are open. Every single day of the week I try to invite him and he gets "can't...
  9. XBOX Multiplayer not allowed = Profile Issue, Please read the entire post. Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Multiplayer not allowed = Profile Issue, Please read the entire post. Minecraft: Greetings, Parameters: My daughters are attempting to play remotely online via an XBOX 360 w/ their cousin (we are in OK, she is in WI) Each household has a GOLD LIVE account. Each Household...
  10. minecraft hungergames, re-post with update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft hungergames, re-post with update: hey everyone, here again with an update to my hungergames server. i will be hosting every monday, wednesday and friday at 7pm. message my account if you would like to play. hoping to see some...