Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

Discus and support Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So im playing minecraft and im logged into my microsoft account and i go to servers and it says “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamuelArmer, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM.

1. SamuelArmer
    SamuelArmer Guest

Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

So im playing minecraft and im logged into my microsoft account and i go to servers and it says “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” And my account is an adult account and i no longer have an xbox anymore so i dont know
    what to do because i cant get to account settings. so what do i do? Thankyou

- Samuel

:)

2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings, were you able to look at the
    privacy and online settings? We will give you the
    steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use.

1. You will go to the Xbox websiteand sign in.

2. Once signed in, click your picture top right corner go to Xbox profile.

3. Click on privacy settings.

4. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.

5. You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:

6. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:
      1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow

2. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:

"you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. SamuelArmer Win User

i did all that yesterday and it didnt work so i put myself into a family and then it worked also the websites trash and xbox is gae.

but thanks for your help i didnt use
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up

Hello VaughnMuench,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We
    will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming VaughnMuench!
  5. AlaynaDiaz Win User

Okay so i found this

[​IMG]

And I went to "go to your xbox profile" but this is what came up

[​IMG]
  6. VeryFilthyGlue Win User

[​IMG]
    I
    have this exact same issue and what he means is that whenever he attempts to use the link provided on the support page to go to the xbox website it redirects him right back to the same exact support page again. Another thing he added on to is while on the
    actual xbox website the “sign in” button on the top right doesn’t work and will just highlight the box but will not redirect you to the sign in page for the website, just leaving you with an outlined/highlighted sign in as you frustratedly tap the sign in
    questioning why it won’t let you leave the home page of the website.
Thema:

1. Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” - Similar Threads - Minecraft PS4 “You

2. Minecraft cross play from PS4 to Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft cross play from PS4 to Xbox one: I registered my child's minecraft game in my Microsoft account. Now 5 years later he wants me to play with him. He plays on a tablet and Xbox One, I am on PS4. Can I register the minecraft I just...
  3. Minecraft PS4 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 edition: I signed into minecraft ps4 and everything was working perfectly, but when I closed my application I could no longer connect to my microsoft account. Now it's saying it's connected to an account...
  4. minecraft on PS4 log in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft on PS4 log in: I'm very confused right now. I recently bought Minecraft for my playstation and it logs me in to my microsoft account but then when i go to the Minecraft store it tells me I have to log in to my...
  5. My Minecraft worlds aren’t showing up on my PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft worlds aren’t showing up on my PS4: So I was just trying to go from my mobile Minecraft account on my phone (which is signed into my Microsoft account) and I wanted to go onto my PS4 from there. However, I logged in and everything...
  6. Acesso ao minecraft no PS4[Translation-Access to minecraft on PS4]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Acesso ao minecraft no PS4[Translation-Access to minecraft on PS4]: Boa tarde! Ao tentar iniciar o minecraft no PS4 com minha conta da microsoft, tenho a seguinte informação: "Parece que essa conta já está conectada". Como devo proceder? [Translation-Good...
  7. So I have connected my Microsoft account to my PS4 Minecraft but how do I get it to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I have connected my Microsoft account to my PS4 Minecraft but how do I get it to work?: I have essentially connected it but every time I press it to sign in it has an error every time saying it cannot log in and there is no reason, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game,...
  8. Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.: Alright so I just bought Minecraft on my Playstation 4, I was excited until I found out, I CANNOT SIGN IN. It says "Failed to sign in, this account has been used on another Playstation" (I checked...
  9. Minecraft bedrock edition: how do you transfer Xbox one worlds to ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock edition: how do you transfer Xbox one worlds to ps4: All my xbox one worlds are not showing up on my ps4 isnt everything supposed to transfer over with the new update? 610bda52-0dbb-46b4-84cf-8de9496c87a1
  10. Ps4 Minecraft Erroroops! Looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already...

in XBoX on Windows
    Ps4 Minecraft Erroroops! Looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already...: This is whats happening every time i try and log in help me. Please help me ive been trying to fix this for 3 days and tried everything I’ve tried logging in with other Microsoft accounts and...