Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

Discus and support Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So im playing minecraft and im logged into my microsoft account and i go to servers and it says “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamuelArmer, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SamuelArmer
    SamuelArmer Guest

Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

So im playing minecraft and im logged into my microsoft account and i go to servers and it says “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” And my account is an adult account and i no longer have an xbox anymore so i dont know
    what to do because i cant get to account settings. so what do i do? Thankyou

- Samuel

:)

SamuelArmer, Mar 26, 2020
  2. weaselteat Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.

I wanted to play Minecraft PS4 servers but when i signed into my Microsoft account i couldn't play servers because of the message that popped up "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." please help me resolve
    this problem because i have nothing on my account restricting this type of play.

Please send advice quickly as possible.
    I have the same issue with my children’s accounts. No matter what settings I change, they cannot play with me on my realm.

This is infuriating especially since it’s only affecting minecraft. I can play other multiplayer games with them, though.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings, were you able to look at the
    privacy and online settings? We will give you the
    steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use.

1. You will go to the Xbox websiteand sign in.

2. Once signed in, click your picture top right corner go to Xbox profile.

3. Click on privacy settings.

4. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.

5. You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:

6. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:
      1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow

2. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:

"you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow

Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. SamuelArmer Win User

i did all that yesterday and it didnt work so i put myself into a family and then it worked also the websites trash and xbox is gae.

but thanks for your help i didnt use
  5. Hannibal_Lecter36 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

I have the same question, but for Minecraft. It states the following: “ You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings “

I’ve “allowed” everything on the page it took me to but it’s still not working.
  6. xXSabbrinahXx Win User

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
    Plsssss :((
Thema:

1. Minecraft PS4 - “You cannot play online because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” - Similar Threads - Minecraft PS4 “You

2. Minecraft Realms on PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms on PS4: I am a Minecraft player on PS4. In the most recent update support for Realms was finally added to the platform. As I attempted to purchase Realms, I was met with a message saying You cannot play...
  3. Minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft ps4: Hi I bought some minecraft coins on my ps4 store but for some reason they haven't gone onto my minecraft app. Is there anything I have to do? Thank you 61de82ee-53ef-4fd5-b78f-af951b1d0d7d
  4. Minecraft ps4 Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft ps4 Microsoft account: When I try to log into my Microsoft ACC in Minecraft for my PS4 it keep saying that I already have the same ACC logged in to another psn but I only have 1 psn please help me...
  5. Can't link my ps4 account with my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't link my ps4 account with my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4: Alright. So I haven't played minecraft for a while. I download the latest version and boot up the game. It asks me to sign in with my Microsoft account which will be automatically linked to my psn...
  6. PS4 to PC Minecraft cross play not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PS4 to PC Minecraft cross play not working: I play mainly on PS4 Minecraft but haven’t been able to connect with my friend on PC for a month. We live in an apartment together and are on the same wifi but he can play with his friends on PC...
  7. Minecraft PS4 created an account by itself.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 created an account by itself.: Hi, I know someone who has purchased a free texture pack on Minecraft PS4 (Bedrock Edition), and the game created an account by itself. They cannot log into the Microsoft / Xbox account because...
  8. Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.: Alright so I just bought Minecraft on my Playstation 4, I was excited until I found out, I CANNOT SIGN IN. It says "Failed to sign in, this account has been used on another Playstation" (I checked...
  9. Minecraft bedrock edition: how do you transfer Xbox one worlds to ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock edition: how do you transfer Xbox one worlds to ps4: All my xbox one worlds are not showing up on my ps4 isnt everything supposed to transfer over with the new update? 610bda52-0dbb-46b4-84cf-8de9496c87a1
  10. Ps4 Minecraft Erroroops! Looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already...

in XBoX on Windows
    Ps4 Minecraft Erroroops! Looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already...: This is whats happening every time i try and log in help me. Please help me ive been trying to fix this for 3 days and tried everything I’ve tried logging in with other Microsoft accounts and...