Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh...

Discus and support Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having this issue since Sept of last year when I purchased a 10 person Minecraft Realms server for myself and my kids. The server worked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Narezza, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Narezza
    Narezza Guest

Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh...

I've been having this issue since Sept of last year when I purchased a 10 person Minecraft Realms server for myself and my kids. The server worked great until it was time for auto-renewal. At that time, the subscription charged but we didn't actually play until later on into November. We still had about 2 weeks left on the realm, but we were unable to access it, with a message saying that the subscription had expired. I renewed the subscription on the PC in the Minecraft game and was able to play immediately. I noticed the double charge when I was looking through credit card info later in the month. I cancelled the original subscription and continued with the new one.

The same thing happened at Christmas. Kids got a new Switch and wanted to play together on the realm. Microsoft billed me on 12/12 for a 10 person Realm, but when we tried to log in, the Realm was expired. Cancelled the subscription again, and purchased a new one through the Minecraft game.

I called Microsoft support who told me to contact, Xbox support. Xbox support told me to contact Mjoang support. After over 2 weeks of back and forth with Mojang, they decided that its a Microsoft/Xbox problem.

So, the question is. I want a 10 person realm that auto-renews each month and is accessible while only being charged once a month. How do I do that?

:)

Narezza, Jan 11, 2022
  2. jbonecreeper Win User

Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh subscription to play causing double billing

I'm having the same problem. It said I don't have realms plus anymore so I thought huh maybe the first month was over so I had to pay again, so I did and now I'm being double charged and can't refund it and even worse it still says I don't have realms plus even though I'm paying for two. Also I can't contact anyone because apparently there's no support for this problem.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh subscription to play causing double billing

I'm sorry about that. This is an issue with the subscription itself and support are the only ones that can look into this.
  4. Narezza Win User

I appreciate the answer, but the issue remains. I have subscriptions that are renewing while the actual sever is not. No one is able to tell me how to address this and none of the companies are able to assist me in refunding the extra charges. I’m basically paying twice each month we want to play on the server.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You already did it right the first time; purchase the subscription and turn on recurring billing. I'm afraid there isn't another way to do it. If Xbox Support had said it is a Mojang issue then it is as Support are always on top when it comes to billing issue.
  6. Sarandipity7012 Win User

No option to renew an expired minecraft realm for 10 friends

Hello Unholy Eff3ct! Same issue, sooo frustrating.

I don't think it has to do with you cancelling the subscription, but it might. My Realm expired because my debit card was stolen so I got a new one and forgot to update the card information. I didn't realize it until 2 months later because I was in night
    classes and did not have much time to play. On Microsoft's website though it says I cancelled it on 10/20/19, when my card could not be charged since it was stolen and cut off.

When I went to renew it on 12/20/19 the renew button was not there. I could not find it in my settings on Minecraft, settings on Xbox, manage subscriptions on Microsoft's website, Mojang's website, no where!

So I thought I might have to subscribe to this realms plus subscription to be able to get back into it. I clicked on the pencil next to my expired realm, I clicked on "Manage Subscriptions", I clicked "Info" under the one that is expired, and it takes me
    to the new realms plus subscription page. I proceeded to purchase the monthly subscription then went back out to play, and it had created a brand new realm. I loaded in it once to make sure it didn't copy my realm, but nope brand new realm nothing in my bag
    no clue where I am so I saved and exited that realm. I haven't gotten back on that realm until tonight when I was on the phone with Xbox Support, just to double verify it was not my original expired realm.

When speaking with Xbox both times, they have tried to look and find out if they do have access to the realms and how they could help to no avail. They have been awesome in trying to assist, but just cannot access in game developer content on Minecraft.

On 12/23/19 I emailed Mojang from Minecraft.net and got an email back saying they got my request and will get back with me, but I have not heard from them since and it has been 20 days now. I have gone on twitter and asked Mojang's Support to check on it
    multiple times, and they keep saying they will respond in a timely manner in the order requests were received. 20 days is a long time to wait for support, while I am paying for a realm I do not use.

I didn't want to cancel the new subscription without them being able to see on the back end why it purchased a brand new one when going through the old expired realms "Info" button.

I believe the issue is that the button to renew realms was removed when adding the new realms plus subscription page. I think that they could not allow users to renew an old expired realm with the new realms plus subscriptions being active. Since
    there is no
    10 player "Realm Server Subscription" anymore, there is only a
    10 player "Realms Plus Subscription" or
    2 player "Realms Server
    Subscription".

Either way, last time I had a card mix up and my realm expired - I clicked the pencil, manage subscriptions, and renew realm then it took me to the page to pay for the monthly subscription. This option, like you have said, is no longer there. Xbox Support
    cannot access it because it is in game content that they only manage the billing for, and Mojang has only one method of true support contact that I have found and they are not responding to my emails.

Hoping you might have heard something by now that might help me out as well! Thank you! Hopefully we can access our realms asap! lol

- Sarandipity
Thema:

1. Minecraft Realms subscription renewing but realm itself expires - requires fresh... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Realms subscription

2. Minecraft realms+ charged me twice for this months subscription but my real wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms+ charged me twice for this months subscription but my real wont work: I need a refund on 2 subscriptions for realms+. Both glitched at the moment of purchase and I or any of my friends can play. Literally no one will talk to you on microsoft support and there is no...
  3. My minecraft realms plus subscription is glitched

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft realms plus subscription is glitched: So I have a realm and I pay every month and it says it expired on the 01/08/2021 and it's been cancelled. I didn't cancel and it's still online like people can go on it and everything but it says...
  4. Minecraft Realms Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms Subscription: I cancelled a subscription to minecraft realms about 2 months ago and I'm still being charged for it. The issue I'm having is that it's coming up saying I don't have any subscriptions while...
  5. I cannot cancel my Minecraft Realms subscription.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot cancel my Minecraft Realms subscription.: A few months ago I purchased the free trial of Minecraft Realms for the Windows 10 Edition. We really only used it once but it has been billing me monthly ever since. I followed the instructions...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/Minecraft Realm Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/Minecraft Realm Subscription: Does the Game Pass Ultimate come with a premium realm subscription? I recently shut down my Minecraft realm due to money issues and went to go re-activate it a day after it ran out. However, it is...
  7. Purchasing a subscription in Minecraft Bedrock for Windows !0 for XBOX realms

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchasing a subscription in Minecraft Bedrock for Windows !0 for XBOX realms: Hi we are trying to purchase a subscription to the 2 player realm server so that my son can play online with his friends. We get as far as clicking on the button to buy then it just says you need...
  8. Minecraft realms subscription issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms subscription issue: After purchasing a realm, I am not able to join it or cancel it, as in Minecraft it says I have no active subscriptions, any fixes? 2647a24a-b765-4d08-aca1-5ad69d8f6877
  9. windows 10 Minecraft realms plus subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10 Minecraft realms plus subscription: I've been paying for a realms plus subscription for months now trying to figure out how to cancel it, when i open Minecraft i can see it there and open it/use it but when i click on manage it...
  10. Minecraft Realms Plus Monthly Subscription: You + 10 Friends (with 30-day trial) 구독 취소 요청

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms Plus Monthly Subscription: You + 10 Friends (with 30-day trial) 구독 취소 요청: Minecraft Realms Plus Monthly Subscription: You + 10 Friends (with 30-day trial) 에 대해서 구독 취소 요청합니다. 구독 취소 버튼을 눌 지만, "2020. 12. 6.에 자동으로 만료되는 Realms Plus Monthly Subscription: You + 10 Friends...