Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up.

Discus and support Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so I have been trying to join realms and it says I can not because of how my microsoft account is set up. My account is an adult account. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dittowog, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Dittowog
    Dittowog Guest

Hello, so I have been trying to join realms and it says I can not because of how my microsoft account is set up. My account is an adult account. I can not seem to find where to change my settings because when I go to the site it tells me to aka.ms/accountsettings
    , it leads me to a site that says I can change my childs account settings my clicking on a link. When i click on the link it leads me to exactly the same site. My account is not a child's account in the first place. Also when i go to xbox.com I can not
    find any place to change my settings. Thank you for reading my post and I hope you have a nice day Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up. :)

:)

Dittowog, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

3. Zero420override Win User

Here is a link that I think could be of use for those who have this same question .

Minecraft Realms
  4. Dittowog Win User

Hey thank you for reply, my console is a Nintendo switch not an xbox, but ill check on windows ten version and see if this fixes it thank you for answering :)
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi

Try this to see if it works;

To change privacy settings on the console. Just follow this to adjust the settings:

1.tap the home button on the controller (xbox button that lights up)

2. go to far right icon on top to system go to settings hit a

3. under account go to right to privacy and online safety

4. In privacy hit a on Xbox Live privacy

5. Easiest way to check if settings is select adult social then try game.

6. If it works you can then go into custom and adjust what you like, do a few at a time and try game if it fails then you know you changed one that affects game.

Troubleshoot changing online safety or privacy settings on Xbox One
  6. Fluffyrox4 Win User

Cannot play on Minecraft Win10 Realms because of how my account is set up

Heya!

To be sure your account was set as an adult account sign into your Microsoft account and post
    a photo of what you see under family.

Keep in mind that changing the date of your account does not change how old the account is and accounts automatically switch from child to adult at the correct age.
    Alright, here you go.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I'm an adult account. My birthday however was set as 2002, which it is, but I'm assuming that birthday shouldn't matter when privacy settings allow online play.

Since the first post I've also discovered that I can play online (eg, LAN games and servers) on MCPE/ Win10 Minecraft, but not on realms. Hopefully that helps.
Thema:

1. Minecraft realms unable to play because of how my account is set up. - Similar Threads - Minecraft realms unable

2. (Minecraft) “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Minecraft) “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your...: i see this has been a issue in the past but cannot seem to find the solution. It does the same with texture packs. Im becoming very frustrated by this and could really use some help. Things i...
  3. Despite solutions provided by previous threads I'm unable to joint a Minecraft Realm on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Despite solutions provided by previous threads I'm unable to joint a Minecraft Realm on...: Been having this issue all day and its starting to irritate me. With servers it says that the Privacy and Online settings are wrong. But I did as the original thread said, to no avail. My setting...
  4. Unable to play on Realms (Minecraft Switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play on Realms (Minecraft Switch): I have been getting the error message of "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account it set up". I have an adult account that is not restricted in online play, I've...
  5. Minecraft Realms Unable to Join

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms Unable to Join: I have an issue when trying to join one of my friend's realms. Whenever I try to join his realm, an error message pops up that reads "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because...
  6. Can't buy a Minecraft Realm - unable to connect to store

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't buy a Minecraft Realm - unable to connect to store: Hi. When I try, I get a popup saying "We're unable to connect to the store. Maybe check your internet connection?". My connection is fine, as evidenced by the fact I'm posting here :) How can I...
  7. Unable to join Minecraft Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join Minecraft Realms: My friend recently purchased a Minecraft Realm and all my friends can join, but I cannot. My Xbox/Windows 10 Online safety and Privacy settings are all on allow but there has been no change. I...
  8. Unable to join Minecraft realm after console froze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join Minecraft realm after console froze: Hi, Was playing the bedrock version of Minecraft (ver 1.5) when the game and the console froze. After restarting my Xbox One I can't join the realm I was on.... the game says I am already playing...
  9. Unable to join Minecraft Realms using Xbox live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join Minecraft Realms using Xbox live account: Hi, (Sorry in advance, this is a long message. Please take your time reading it to fully understand my situation and what I've gone through) I'm having trouble accessing Realms in Minecraft...
  10. Unable to play on Realms Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play on Realms Minecraft: When I attempt to create or join a realm on Minecraft Bedrock edition on Windows 10, I get the pop-up: "You Need Permission You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set...