Minecraft Share game or gift to child

Discus and support Minecraft Share game or gift to child in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have xbox one, I have set up two child account for it. I would like the two children to be able to play Minecraft on the xbox console together... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rdblade, Jun 30, 2022.

1. rdblade
    rdblade Guest

Hi, I have xbox one, I have set up two child account for it.

I would like the two children to be able to play Minecraft on the xbox console together

Is it better to buy Minecraft myself as the adult, is it poss to share the game with the child accounts

Or is it better to buy Minecraft as a gift for one of the child accounts ans still retain parental controls

I have seen posts that its possible to share games with others on the same console, does this work for child accounts too as 1) adult to child, 2) child to child, or even 3) child to adult!

I have set up xbox family

I do not have game pass

I have bought 3m xbox live

Thanks for any time you can spare to assist, the xbox help only seems to cover standard questions and not this one!

:)

rdblade, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. ThePouchBear Win User

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to Parent account vs. children's.

If the gift card was going to be used for games, you could "gift" whatever game to your child's account.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Can we have multiple user accounts on our Xbox?

Yes you can make sure the Xbox is set as the home Xbox of the primary account that has Xbox Live gold and all other users can get the same benefits.

I suggest you look into creating child accounts for them.

Xbox child accounts

Home Xbox

Home Xbox switches are limited to five per year.

What can be shared

Share your Xbox Live Gold subscription with anyone else who signs in to your console.

Share games and downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone else who signs in on your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription.

What can’t be shared

Account specific items may not be able to be shared. Some examples are:

• In-game content purchased within the game with in-game currencies like Minecraft Skin Mashups or Halo REQ packs
    • In-game currency such as Minecraft Coins

Certain pre-order bonuses and special edition content falls into these categories, so you may not be able to share those items as they can only be redeemed once from the account of the person who purchased the game.
  5. superdroo Win User

MicroSofts refusal to honor a purchase it has taken money for.

Hi friend,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with gifting this DLC. Does your nephew use a child account for Xbox Live? Sometimes gifting to child accounts can cause issues. Here's a support article for issues with gifting codes.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

I hope this helps with your issue.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Can't Connect Via XBox App

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Hootsmun, by your description has Minecraft in just one account and would like to play with your child correct?

If that's the case, unfortunately it won't be possible, game sharing is only possible on Xbox One consoles, if you try to play on your PC for example and you on another device each account will have to have a license of the game, the fact that you put your child's account in the family does not share the game.

Best regards,

Thema:

1. Minecraft Share game or gift to child - Similar Threads - Minecraft Share game

2. Minecraft Java Edition and Family Sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition and Family Sharing: So this might be a long shot in the dark here, however I get the feeling that many others are experiencing the same headache with this. It appears that if you have Game Pass Ultimate then you can...
  3. Minecraft Family Sharing Through Xbox Game Pass For PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Family Sharing Through Xbox Game Pass For PC: Minecraft just came out for free in the Xbox Game Pass and i was wondering if i could share the game with my girlfriend and play at the same time. Is it possible?...
  4. Sharing Minecraft via Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing Minecraft via Family Account: I purchased Minecraft under my Microsoft account and want to allow my child to access it via their account using the same laptop. They are set up in my Microsoft Family Group and I cannot see the...
  5. Multiplayer Minecraft Family Sharing Cross-Platform

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Minecraft Family Sharing Cross-Platform: I have a microsoft account where I have purchased Minecraft for both our xbox and PC on my own microsoft account (not two separate accounts). My kids each have their own Microsoft live accounts...
  6. Minecraft Java Edition how to share it with my child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition how to share it with my child: I have had Minecraft Java Edititon and I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft account about 1 month ago. How can I share it with my child (he is already in my family group)? I found answer...
  7. Family Sharing and Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Family Sharing and Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft on my account, but I'm also the "family organizer" -- it is my 12yo who actually wants to play the game, so I'm trying to figure out how to give him access to it without...
  8. Why is Xbox Gold not sharing multiplayer between our 2 Xbox One consoles? Minecraft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Xbox Gold not sharing multiplayer between our 2 Xbox One consoles? Minecraft...: We have upstairs and downstairs Xbox Ones. Downstairs belongs to teen son with his own account, he has Gold. Upstairs Xbox is mine (mom) and a pre-teen daughter (God help me). Daughter plays...
  9. Sharing Minecraft for Win10 with family members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Minecraft for Win10 with family members: I have purchased Minecraft for Windows 10, and installed it on my computer under my user (administrator and family administrator). I want to allow access to Minecraft to my kids (both members of...
  10. Game sharing issue with Minecraft (Digital)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game sharing issue with Minecraft (Digital): Good evening, Scruffy here. Me and my friend recently set up our xbox one's as our home consoles on both accounts and are having a issue with sharing the digital version of "Minecraft xbox one...