Minecraft will not let me start a server, saying no storage space.

Discus and support Minecraft will not let me start a server, saying no storage space. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have just downloaded Minecraft (through game pass) for the first time and I am trying to create a new server, but everytime I do I get the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Velos85, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Velos85
    Velos85 Guest

Hi all,

I have just downloaded Minecraft (through game pass) for the first time and I am trying to create a new server, but everytime I do I get the message saying "You are almost out of data storage space! Minecraft has restricted
    access to this feature until you clear up additional storage space"

I have 380GB free on an external HD and my entire internal 1TB drive free. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, fully powered down, unplugged and cleared the cache from my xbox and nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix for this please? It's driving me crazy.

:)

Velos85, Aug 16, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Velos,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue on storage space. Is this on an Xbox console, or on a PC? If on console try

power cycle
    the console. If connected to the internet go to settings>system>storage>clear local saves. Once that is done then try and create your world.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Velos85!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. Velos85 Win User

This seems to have worked, thanks
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Velos85,

Thanks for your post. I understand the issue with Minecraft requesting more storage space for the game. You may want to try unplugging your external hard drive and then perform a

Factory Reset

Be sure to choose to "Reset and keep my games & apps" to keep your content installed on your Xbox One.

I hope this helps.
  6. Velos85 Win User

Its on xbox. Done all of the above and getting the same issue
Thema:

1. Minecraft will not let me start a server, saying no storage space. - Similar Threads - Minecraft let start

2. Can’t sign into minecraft. Wont let me unlink microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into minecraft. Wont let me unlink microsoft account: I tried linking my microsoft account to my ps4 minecraft and it failed. I think I put in the wrong information or something but I got no error code. When I click ‘sign in its free’ I get a message...
  3. Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 does NOT let you sign in.: Alright so I just bought Minecraft on my Playstation 4, I was excited until I found out, I CANNOT SIGN IN. It says "Failed to sign in, this account has been used on another Playstation" (I checked...
  4. Won’t let me on to my world on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won’t let me on to my world on minecraft: Everytime i go onto this world it says there was a problem loading the world and i need to know how to get on 16846bf3-3afb-47bf-b650-b5717aac7157
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter edition not installing correctly - won't let me sign in

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter edition not installing correctly - won't let me sign in: Hi, I've just purchased this so that my kids could connect and play in the same worlds etc. But after downloading when I try to sign in I just get bounced to the 'Buy Minecraft/ Unlock the full...
  6. Minecraft PE stops letting me enter lab connections

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PE stops letting me enter lab connections: keep having problem with LAN connection with me and my son’s world. We have updated and both have the same versions. Its not all the time but sometimes we will be playing a world together, stop...
  7. Why won't my Minecraft PS4 let me sign into my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Minecraft PS4 let me sign into my Microsoft account.: I recently created a Microsoft account after the new update on Minecraft so that I could finally play with my friends on Xbox. Sadly, after repeatedly trying to log in via Minecraft on my...
  8. Minecraft (New version) on switch won’t let me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (New version) on switch won’t let me play: THIS IS FOR THE SWITCH BEDROCK EDITION. Ok so ever since i got the adventure time mashup pack, not just the worlds with that texture or world active, but ALL worlds have started saying “an error...
  9. Whenever I try to login to Minecraft Windows 10 edition it won't let me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to login to Minecraft Windows 10 edition it won't let me.: Whenever I try to login to my Microsoft account on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition it just says failed to log in. It lets me log in to my Microsoft account in Xbox just fine but it wont let me log...
  10. Minecraft on ps4 wont let me use microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on ps4 wont let me use microsoft account: The new update is out on ps4 and i figured id link my Microsoft account. For some reason it says its link to a different account but this is the only one i use. Idk if its because its also on my...