Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Discus and support Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought minecraft. it came in a bundle with a few accessory packs. I downloaded the launcher, but it only allowed me to play the demo. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mimim2, Jan 14, 2021.

1. mimim2
    mimim2 Guest

I recently bought minecraft. it came in a bundle with a few accessory packs. I downloaded the launcher, but it only allowed me to play the demo. I checked the microsoft store, and on the page of the bundle I bought (Minecraft for windows 10 starter collection)
    it said my computer did not meet system requirements and I could not download it. I checked the Minecraft page (Minecraft for windows 10) and it said my computer met all system requirements and it allowed me to install it. I can now open minecraft through
    the Minecraft for windows 10 page on the microsoft store, but NOT through the launcher. the launcher still says I can only play the demo version. I have verified both are using the same account. When I launch minecraft through the microsoft store, i receive
    a pop up message that says I need to update my graphics driver, but my graphics driver is up to date. I need to be able to launch minecraft from the launcher. Ive tried contacting support multiple time and I even screen shared with them but it still hasnt
    been resolved. I am attatching some screenshots of the problem.

here it says the computer meets the system requirements and this is where i was able to install it.

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store. [​IMG]

here it says my computer doesnt meet the requirements and it would not let me install from this page.

when i launch minecraft from the microsoft store i get this, despite it saying i have met the requirements and my drivers being up to date.

when i open the minecraft launcher, my only option is to play the demo. i have verified this is the same account as the one i bought the game on, and the transaction has gone through.

:)

mimim2, Jan 14, 2021
  2. soxfan014 Win User

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  3. Nick tom. Win User

Minecraft Dungeons

The problem is, I still can't open the one through the mojang launcher...

When I click "Minecraft Dungeons" through the Minecraft launcher, it still makes me open up my microsoft account... and the game was purchased through the Mojang account... So when I try that, it stills directs me to buy the game.

I'm just a bit confused as to how this works and it appears I'm not the only one...

Thanks,
  4. TavianMatic1 Win User

If I buy Minecraft Dungeons for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, will I be able to play it on XBOX One as well, without buying it again?

If i buy Minecraft Dungeons from the Microsoft Store will it be available in the Minecraft (Java) Launcher, or will it be like Minecraft Java vs Bedrock?
  5. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition

6. DerSkyless Win User

MC Dungeons Unable to Verify Ownership Bug

Have you installed the correct version of it?

There are quite a lot of different versions of it, which could be confusing:

• The Minecraft Dungeons launcher version: You need the minecraft dungeons launcher to play it. You can't use the other versions.
    • The Windows 10 / Microsoft Store version: You need to open the microsoft store app and download it from there. The other versions can't be used.
    • The Xbox One Version: Won't show the download button if you're on the computer, which can be confusing.
Thema:

1. Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Minecraft open via

2. I can't open a game launcher (specifically Minecraft).

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't open a game launcher (specifically Minecraft).: This is more of a question but I kinda want this to be a discussion. I've been wanting to open the game launcher so many times but it never works. I've tried taking down the firewall, uninstalling...
  3. minecraft launcher won't open

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft launcher won't open: Hi, I bought Minecraft Java for my twin boys yesterday, both have the same Lenovo all in one desktop. The first one worked, but the second subscription won't get past the launcher. It keeps...
  4. I paid for minecraft game and I cant open it on the computer any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for minecraft game and I cant open it on the computer any more: I had it on my pc and then one day it opens and stuck on the main sceen of the game Please advise 2aae936c-b252-4dfd-97ac-0c5e5f1a0fa2
  5. When I open insider Minecraft doesn’t appear as an option.

in XboX Insiders
    When I open insider Minecraft doesn’t appear as an option.: When I open Xbox insider, Minecraft beta does not appear as an option to join when I open insider content. Is there anyway to fix this? EDIT: I do have windows 10 edition installed on my pc....
  6. Minecraft Xbox Beta Bug: World's are not loading and won't allow to enter world & Opening...

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Xbox Beta Bug: World's are not loading and won't allow to enter world & Opening...: When attempting to open the world it says: There was a problem loading this world. When attempting to open bastion chest it freezes and then the game will crash If anyone knows how to fix the...
  7. our Minecraft java edition multiplayer and realms is not working whenever we try opening it...

in XBoX on Windows
    our Minecraft java edition multiplayer and realms is not working whenever we try opening it...: our Minecraft java edition multiplayer and realms is not working whenever we try opening it it shows multiplayer is disabled check your Microsoft account. 55acb87f-84c3-4552-a098-85b698bdb0df
  8. Minecraft Opens to A Screen with Graphics But Can't Play

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Opens to A Screen with Graphics But Can't Play: We downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 a few weeks ago. My son was able to play a few times. When he tried to open it last week, it only opened to a slowly rotating picture (see below). We can't...
  9. When I try to open Minecraft (not the xbox one edition) it says that something went wrong...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to open Minecraft (not the xbox one edition) it says that something went wrong...: When I try to open Minecraft (not the xbox one edition) it says that something went wrong go to the Xbox help page and enter the code 0x80070003 8557e894-de6b-4fb5-b68a-34ba43049d44
  10. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not open: I get a flashing screen between red and white but will not open b944f517-c7fa-43e0-8e02-1b108221a1f2