Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tgggggg100, Aug 19, 2019.

1. tgggggg100
    tgggggg100 Guest

Hi,

I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition?

Thanks

:)

tgggggg100, Aug 19, 2019
  2. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox code for Minecraft WIN10 edition

You can't use the Windows 10 code for Xbox.

Xbox and Windows Minecraft are two separate products.

If you have bought Minecraft Xbox One Edition digitally, you can upgrade to Xbox Minecraft for free.

But owning Windows or Java Minecraft won't give you Xbox Minecraft. Sorry.
  4. Fos Win User

5. XBF Amber M Win User

Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

Hi Airwreck14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the Minecraft: Java edition, if you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, can get this edition for free by requesting it from Mojang. If you did
    not, then you would be required to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition in order to obtain that version of Minecraft & change the skin. Minecraft: Java and the Windows 10 version are 2 separately coded versions of the game.

This article from Mojang Support can help further explain why this is happening:

Mojang Support - Minecraft for Windows 10

I hope that this helps out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. TheNexusGen Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows bought

2. Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Not Able to Change Xbox Live Account on Minecraft Windows 10: I'm not sure the best way to explain this, but I'll try. :) My son plays MInecraft. Used to be just PE on phones and tablets, but he now also has both Java edition and Windows 10 edition...
  3. If I bought minecraft java AFTER October of 2018, can I still get Bedrock (The windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I bought minecraft java AFTER October of 2018, can I still get Bedrock (The windows 10...: Hi, I'm very frustrated right now. I purchased Minecraft Java edition (pc) this year in January (?). Some friends and I wanted to play together and one of them is on xbox. To be able to play on...
  4. I bought skins in Minecraft for Windows 10: Edition, but it did not open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought skins in Minecraft for Windows 10: Edition, but it did not open: [img] Hello! I paid for skins "Anime K-POP" in Minecraft for Windows 10: Edition, but it did not open. I checked my bank account and there was charged $ 0.99. The site (...
  5. Can I restore my purchases on Minecraft if I originally bought it on PE and now on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I restore my purchases on Minecraft if I originally bought it on PE and now on Windows 10?: Ive had pocket edition for a while, i had spent a bit of money on it. Recently my friend got me minecraft W10 edition and i wasnt able to restore my purchases. So i want to know if i can restore...
  6. Pre Bought game/Claiming Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre Bought game/Claiming Minecraft Windows 10: So I have Minecraft Java Edition since 1.7.10 and when Minecraft Windows 10 Edition came out I was excited since it was server compatible with the Xbox servers as it is under Microsoft. When I...
  7. Just bought minecraft windows 10 but i cant use modpacks or login to minecraft website

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought minecraft windows 10 but i cant use modpacks or login to minecraft website: i bought the minecraft Win10 Edition but i cant play modpacks like FTB or even conect to the minecraft website, or conect to the twitch app 76f7451e-38b4-4872-abbe-cc37da0ffeee
  8. Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?: I know that if you have already purchased Minecraft for Mac/Windows on Microsoft.net that you can get a free copy of it for the Windows 10 Edition. But if I bought the Windows 10 Edition first,...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Bought Minecraft coins, but they don't show up on my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Bought Minecraft coins, but they don't show up on my account.: Hi! I bought Minecraft coins tier 10 (or something like that), but they don't show up on my account, as I try to buy Skyrim mash-up, or something else, Minecraft says that i don't heve enought...
  10. I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and now it won't start. It still works on other ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and now it won't start. It still works on other ...: I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and now it won't start. I runned the free version for several months without problems, and the free version still works on other accounts in the same pc,...