Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free code given out by Mojang not working

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free code given out by Mojang not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So recently, I have been trying to download the Windows 10 Edition for Minecraft (through their free code for java edition owners program), and I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Fraying, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Fraying
    Fraying Guest

So recently, I have been trying to download the Windows 10 Edition for Minecraft (through their free code for java edition owners program), and I tried to redeem the code, but it pulled up the redeem code page for Microsoft and the box for the code to
    go in was just empty. Like usually they put a code in there already for you to just click redeem, but mine is just empty. Please help!

:)

Fraying, Jul 10, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Once you've migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10
  3. TheNexusGen Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Fraying,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

This is quoted directly from Mojang's "Minecraft for Windows 10" support article about the process to redeem this code, "Players
    who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into
    account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October
    19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page."

So it's not generating a token but still opening a Microsoft redemption page? Is that correct?

Have you migrated your Minecraft account to a Mojang account? And are you logged into the right Microsoft Account when the redemption page opens? Also quoted from the same article, "If you have an older Minecraft account (you still log
    in with your username), visit this article to find out about account migration. Once you’ve
    migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10.

You must be signed into a Microsoft/Xbox Live account in order to redeem the code. Please note that you cannot move the license once the code has been redeemed. Your code is saved on your Mojang account page for future reference."

Let us know the process you are going through to claim a token and if you meet all of these requirements to obtain a token for Minecraft Windows 10 edition from Mojang.
  5. iamXCOMBATICUSX Win User

Hi there! Have you you tried checking your email on other platforms? (i.e. phone, tablet, laptop)

And if that doesn't work please follow this link to see if you qualify for a new code.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/billing/codes/digital-code-solution
  6. Sabbstian Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    Ok thank you, was just wondering.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free code given out by Mojang not working - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows Edition

2. I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!: I have tried everything on to get out of Beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I also reset everything and opt out of the Mincraft Windows 10 Beta on the Xbox...
  3. Sikn in Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sikn in Minecraft Windows 10 edition: Hello, recently I made new skin, I uploaded it to minecraft on my phone, but when I try to upload it on Windows 10 edition, it crashes (because that skin isn't compatible with Minecraft Windows 10...
  4. 마인크래프트 윈도우 10 스타트 에디션 환불에 대해 [Translation - About MineCraft Windows 10 Start Edition Refund]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    마인크래프트 윈도우 10 스타트 에디션 환불에 대해 [Translation - About MineCraft Windows 10 Start Edition Refund]: 목의 게임을 구매하였으나, 가 생각하던 것과는 달라 환불을 하 했습니다. 하지만 환불버튼이 보이지 않아 질문드립니다. 혹시 환불이 불가능한 상품인가요? ___________________________________________________________ [Translation - I bought a game for the title,...
  5. 마인크래프트 윈도우10 스타트 에디션 환불에 관해 [Translation - About Minecraft Windows 10 Start Edition Refund]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    마인크래프트 윈도우10 스타트 에디션 환불에 관해 [Translation - About Minecraft Windows 10 Start Edition Refund]: 당일 마인크래프트 윈도우10 스타트 에디션을 구입하였는데, 본래 원하던 게임과는 달라 환불을 하 했으나 환불 버튼이 안보입니다. 이 품은 환불이 불가능한 품인가요? ------------ [Mod Translation - I bought the Minecraft Windows 10 Start Edition that day, which is...
  6. No puedo desbloqueear Minecraft Windows 10 Edition (I can not unlock Minecraft Windows 10...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No puedo desbloqueear Minecraft Windows 10 Edition (I can not unlock Minecraft Windows 10...: Hola, recientemente canjee mi codigo de Minecraft Windows 10 Edition para mi PC, Al instalarlo y jugar me pide que lo desbloquee a pesar de ser Premium, no me deja hacer nada, ya reinstale el...
  7. Minecraft windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft windows 10 edition: I have claimed minecraft windows 10 edition a long time ago on an other Microsoft account. Right now I can not use this account. Is it possible to remove the game from my old account and then...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 edition lags after i click sign in.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft windows 10 edition lags after i click sign in.: When I click sign in on Minecraft the game starts to lag even though it runs smoothly without signing in. please help ***Moved from Gaming on Windows 10*** 3b12c9da-34d7-4f0e-a552-7b883a5855de
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition stuck in trial mode after redeeming code from Mojang

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition stuck in trial mode after redeeming code from Mojang: I recently just remembered Mojang issued codes to people who had Minecraft before Java Edition came out and I redeemed mine. I am trying to save a world from Xbox One (not xbox one edition, it...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition key gives me a demo?

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition key gives me a demo?: The key I had for Minecraft Windows 10 edition is listed as redeemed, and the game is as well, but when I try to install it through the Store it just installs a Demo, and ingame tells me I need to...