Minecraft world conversion crashing console badly, very unstable - Xbox One Vanilla

Discus and support Minecraft world conversion crashing console badly, very unstable - Xbox One Vanilla in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Where to begin. It seems like if the game was developed only taking in consideration the Xbox One X and S and not the original vanilla version. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MCxDUDE, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MCxDUDE
    MCxDUDE Guest

Minecraft world conversion crashing console badly, very unstable - Xbox One Vanilla

Where to begin. It seems like if the game was developed only taking in consideration the Xbox One X and S and not the original vanilla version. I have a 1TB Tomb Raider Bundle console and Minecraft is crashing a lot, but not only the game but the
    whole freakin console.
    I have to hold power on my console for 10 seconds to shut it down every time the game crashes, and it's very frustrating and I'm afraid it will damage my HDD after a while. As a software developer, this seems like a memory problem
    or something similar, not sure how games use system resources.

The problem

I first noticed the problem when I tried to convert a friend's world that's a little heavy, we have hours of gameplay on his world and are losing a lot of chunks with the conversion, to the point that it generates almost a whole new map area. His original
    file is 202MB and we get initially a buggy 165MB conversion file. I noticed something weird when trying to start another conversion, and I was able to isolate a process to crash down the whole console rendering it unusable, no guide menu option or nothing,
    hopefully this can help as troubleshooting steps for the developers.

Process

1. I try to convert a friend's (Gabelfo) world, a 202MB file to the new edition.
    2. The game generates a 165MB file.
    3. Delete file immediately, start another conversion.
    4. The game generates a 20 to 25MB file.
    5. Delete file immediately, start another conversion.
    6. Game gives us an error message, conversion cannot be started.
    7. Game crashed badly, console is unusable, completely frozen and fans are speeding up.
    After this, the power button must be hold 10 seconds to shut down the console.

I have supported Minecraft since the alpha days back in PC, and got it first day on Xbox 360 and honestly, this update is one of the worst I've seen. I love the game and was very excited when Realms was announced, but it seems the development was rushed
    or not polished enough to handle every single console. This release should be pulled until changes are made, or HDDs might be at risk because of constant crashes.

:)

MCxDUDE, Sep 23, 2017
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Access XB360 / XB1 Cloud Saves...without an Xbox

When you play the new Minecraft on your Xbox One console, you’ll will be able to sync your existing worlds from the Xbox One Edition. Additionally, if you have a Realms subscription then your realms will
    also appear on your Windows 10, iOS, Android, Kindle, or Gear VR devices (if you own them).

To sync your worlds from the Xbox One Edition to Minecraft:

1. Sign into your console with the account that you previously saved your Xbox One Edition world with.
    2. Launch Minecraft and select Play from the main menu.
    3. On the Worlds tab, select Sync Old Worlds if your existing games haven’t already been migrated.
    4. Select the world that you want to migrate and wait for conversion to complete.
    5. Your world will now sync to the new Minecraft when you sign in.
    In addition to world sync, certain skin pack, texture pack, and mash-up pack purchases that you made on the console will also be available when you play the new Minecraft, and on your other devices.

M3tal Daz3, Sep 23, 2017
  3. SIR WellFare
    SIR WellFare Guest
    My minecraft crashes when trying to load up a game need help

someone help me my minecraft keeps crashing when trying to load up a world on Xbox one has anyone had this issue and resolved it

SIR WellFare, Sep 23, 2017
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

80 points? (Block World,Indie Game)

It was 80 point's it's now 240 points. You may be disappointed though. I bought this for my nephew who is obsessed with Minecraft type games. It's very unstable and crashes quite a lot.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Minecraft crashing my Xbox

Minecraft keeps crashing my Xbox

I'll just be playing on my Minecraft world and it will randomly crash the entire Xbox. Then I will have to start it up again and go through the whole start up screens as if I restarted it. I have found no pattern to these crashes, they happen on all my worlds,
    friends worlds, and at random times. It crashes whether I have friends in the game or I'm by myself. It only happens with Minecraft. I've uninstalled the game several times, cleared my cache, download my data on a hardrive and reinstalled from the cloud, but
    the problem stilk persists. Please help, Thank you!
    What version of xbox one are you using the last minecraft update fixed some crashes but i freeze randomly on realm and local worlds as well. Im useing a "s"
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Access XB360 / XB1 Cloud Saves...without an Xbox

When you play the new Minecraft on your Xbox One console, you’ll will be able to sync your existing worlds from the Xbox One Edition. Additionally, if you have a Realms subscription then your realms will
    also appear on your Windows 10, iOS, Android, Kindle, or Gear VR devices (if you own them).

1. Sign into your console with the account that you previously saved your Xbox One Edition world with.
    3. On the Worlds tab, select Sync Old Worlds if your existing games haven’t already been migrated.
    4. Select the world that you want to migrate and wait for conversion to complete.
    In addition to world sync, certain skin pack, texture pack, and mash-up pack purchases that you made on the console will also be available when you play the new Minecraft, and on your other devices.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Minecraft crossplay

8. Elohmn Win User

Xbox one drops to dashboard in between loading games.

OP, I get this or something similar very often even with Digital only Games. It comes down to, the X1 is very unstable and can crash Apps very easily. They even built-in a function in case of a crash and that is the X1 will return
    home after a failure in deployment of an App.
Thema:

1. Minecraft world conversion crashing console badly, very unstable - Xbox One Vanilla - Similar Threads - Minecraft world conversion

2. Minecraft Realm replace world broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realm replace world broken: I recently bought Minecraft realms plus and I’m finished with a certain world so I tried to use the replace feature to replace the world with another pre built world and it says error over and...
  3. Minecraft worlds go missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds go missing: Hi, the buildings and other features i have been creating in the Minecraft SuperCraft world have gone missing. The supercraft world disappeared from my listed worlds. When i managed to finf it...
  4. minecraft deleted world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft deleted world: i just accidentally deleted my minecraft world and i cant get back it is there any way to recover the world?? (please help) e391c13a-b16e-4ac0-bbd4-1baf2ffcb057
  5. Xbox shutting down over overheating/minecraft world deletes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down over overheating/minecraft world deletes: My Xbox keeps shutting down when I play minecraft and it like overheats and I’ve cleaned it a bunch of times this also causes my worlds to delete >:( 07451854-dba5-448d-9340-034ee377f404
  6. Missing Minecraft world that exists on another connected xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Minecraft world that exists on another connected xbox: So here 's the issue. I have this minecraft survival world right? Super fun, yesterday I was playing on it in the morning and then stopped around noon. The xbox one overheats after I was done as...
  7. My minecraft world not fully synced or is corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft world not fully synced or is corrupted: I was having problems with my microsoft account connections, so i called a professional from microsoft website, and i did what he said, but when i tryed to open up my main world where me and 8...
  8. Minecraft World won't upload to Realm. (Nintendo Switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft World won't upload to Realm. (Nintendo Switch): Hello. I just purchased Minecraft Realms Plus. Everything worked fine except for when I try to upload a world to my realm. When I click "play on realm" It says "export in progress" then...
  9. minecraft unable to connect to world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft unable to connect to world: So I and a couple of friends wanted to play together so I was using my pc as a server (no it's not realms) and my friends used to join in, but randomly one of my friends couldn't join anymore. it...
  10. Can i synch worlds I create on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition to my Android tablet?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can i synch worlds I create on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition to my Android tablet?: I have Minecraft pocket edition for Android and cant see or join the worlds i create when playing Minecraft on my Xbox 360 edition? I sign in to my Xbox or Microsoft account no problem on both...