Minecraft Xbox worlds missing

Discus and support Minecraft Xbox worlds missing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing minecraft and i save and quit the world and then switched my xbox off. A few hours later i go back on and the world and another one are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RomanWard, Oct 18, 2020.

1. RomanWard
    RomanWard Guest

I was playing minecraft and i save and quit the world and then switched my xbox off. A few hours later i go back on and the world and another one are missing. So I’ve tried uninstalling the game to see if the worlds reappear. But nothing works. I just really
    want to get the world back, i made loads of things i was really proud of for my dad but i never got to show him.

:)

RomanWard, Oct 18, 2020
  2. MurrayStenhouse Win User

Missing Minecraft World

I'd already tried that one-hadn't worked. I have, however, figured out how to fix it now; I had to paste the level.dat and level.dat_old files from a new world into the old one and it fixed it. I'll mark this as solved now, sorry about that
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User
  4. BCDM Win User

Missing MineCraft World

Hi,

Posting in case someone else has this issue. We found our world.

Although the world was started this year and played this week, we found it at the bottom of saved world list with last save noted as year 2014. We tried loading the 2014 world because the game size seemed similar and we did not have an xbox in 2014, so
    it seemed to be an anomaly. It took a long time to load and synch, but otherwise came back fine and is saved with correct date again now.

As part of this investigation we’ve also found that Mojang (on their support page) recommends copying worlds as a backup regularly. Do this by selecting the pen icon next to world name and the copy option is at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks anyway for your reply.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Missing MineCraft World

Hello BCDM,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question about a missing world. Unfortunately, there is no team that would be able to recover it. Cloud saves overwrite each other. You may reach out to
    Mojang and see if they are able to recover it somehow.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Missing MineCraft World

Hi BCDM,

Glad you were able to locate the world. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any other issues, questions, or just want to create a discussion to talk to fellow gamers.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Minecraft Xbox worlds missing - Similar Threads - Minecraft worlds missing

2. Minecraft - Unable to connect to world on my iPhone (LAN game to Win10 PC Minecraft/Bedrock)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Unable to connect to world on my iPhone (LAN game to Win10 PC Minecraft/Bedrock): I can no longer connect to a LAN game (minecraft) on a PC on the same wireless network from my iPhone 8. I got it to work ONE time the other day after fixing the NAT settings on the PC - we played...
  3. Minecraft worlds go missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds go missing: Hi, the buildings and other features i have been creating in the Minecraft SuperCraft world have gone missing. The supercraft world disappeared from my listed worlds. When i managed to finf it...
  4. Missing Minecraft world that exists on another connected xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Minecraft world that exists on another connected xbox: So here 's the issue. I have this minecraft survival world right? Super fun, yesterday I was playing on it in the morning and then stopped around noon. The xbox one overheats after I was done as...
  5. Lost (missing)minecraft bedrock world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost (missing)minecraft bedrock world: My son has spent 2 years building a world on x box one minecraft bedrock edition. He logged in this morning and its gone! Please help if you can!! ceefc5e3-b0df-4d0d-9c4d-2a7f3c457e61
  6. My Minecraft world is missing..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft world is missing..: Last night I was playing minecraft bedrock edition and I had the xbox insider hub active with the minecraft beta. I then left the xbox insider hub to try and get packages in "My Files Explorer"...
  7. Minecraft Windows10 World's missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows10 World's missing: I was Playing minecraft windows 10 version, and all of sudden, my pc crashes, I restarted it, and everything was normal, but when I opened MW10, the world I was Playing disappeared How can I get...
  8. Missing Minecraft world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Minecraft world: I had left my minecraft world and switched games and tried playing it later that day and the world was just gone but i still kept all my other worlds. 47ab4083-109c-43d7-b469-ab38f19220f8
  9. Missing Minecraft World

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing Minecraft World: Now solved. Check comments for fix, I found one and have posted it down there. Last Sunday I booted up Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to play on the Minecraft world that my girlfriend and I have...
  10. Missing MineCraft World

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing MineCraft World: We experienced an issue logging onto xbox minecraft this evening. It was advising we were offline, but all other internet connections were working. The xbox analysis tool (check connection...