Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services"

Discus and support Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, This message keeps appearing whenever I try to go into a group server I'm on and all the fixes for this problem have only been available for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KimGetTheNuke, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services"

Hello,

This message keeps appearing whenever I try to go into a group server I'm on and all the fixes for this problem have only been available for PC not Xbox. Any help is wanted at this point

Thanks

Ethan

:)

KimGetTheNuke, Jul 31, 2020
  2. IReyVenTz DG Win User

Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

Hi!

--------------------

Update: I tried login when iPAD was connected to another network (used my cellphone 4G) and it worked to sign in.

So there is something that is blocking connection (on WiFI) to Microsoft Account over iPAD from inside Minecraft.

As described in #4 below I have tried to open up all ports I can find from readi
    ng but no luck.Please advice; What are the ports used by Microsoft account in Minecraft on iPAD?

--------------------

I have recently purchased Minecraft on iPad but I am unable to play online due to problems connecting to Microsoft Account in game.

I am trying to setup so that me, my daughter and some of her friends can play together online.

Problem Description

I am unable to play on online servers or connect to any minecraft realms.
    I am able to log into my Microsoft account in the game, or at least my GamerTag shows, but when trying to connect to a server I get the error message:

"You need to authenticate to Microsoft services".

Minecraft Realms are no able to load either with the error message:

"We could not connect to Realms right now. We will try again soon"

So I am able to play offline and on LAN but not online due to the errors above.

Microsoft account that I use runs without any restrictions (no children block of online play)

What I have tried

#1 I have confirmed that I can login to the Microsoft account with the Xbox app on the iPad so the credentials are valid.

#2 I have tried switching to a secondary Microsoft account but with the same erroneous result.

#3 I can login to the online servers from my Windows machine that runs on same home network and my network connection is otherwise stable.

#4 UPnP is enabled on router and I anyway opened xbox live port on router specifically (even though it should not be needed as I can login over the xbox live app), but same error.

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 500 (UDP)

•Port 3544 (UDP)

•Port 4500 (UDP)

Updated: I also updated port forward to include:

UDP: 53, 1863, 3075, 16000

TCP: 53, 80, 1863, 3075, 16000

#5 Started hosting an online server with exact version as the IPadOS bedrock version, but same error.

System Info

Minecraft version: 1.14.30 (updated to latest)

iPad 10.2 7thGen

iPadOS 13.4

I would really appreciate some support in order to get this working.

I am happy to provide additional information on request.

Thanks in advance

Anders
  3. Mnikpro Win User

there is the same problem again
  4. AndersMarkendahl Win User

Hi Forjo!

The problem I am experiencing is not related to the bedrock server.

As the problem description states, this problem is about connecting to Microsoft account and is not related to the bedrock_server I am running locally. Problem is the same when trying to login to Microsoft account in general when using the IPAD on the WIFI.

Thanks

Anders
  5. ForjoAtinxan Win User

The Bedrock server executable must be run with administrator permissions.

Right-click bedrock_server.exe

Click Properties

Click Compatibility

Click Change settings for all users

Click to select "Run this program as an administrator"

Click OK twice.

-Forjo
  6. kayleezachary Win User

hi! im having the same probblem , it won't let me play on server s and i dont know how to authenticate my Microsoft services , i have no idea of what to do! and i really need help. could some one please explain to me of what to do?.
Thema:

Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services"

1. Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services" - Similar Threads - Minecraft need authenticate

2. Can’t make a Realm for Minecraft as it says I need permissions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t make a Realm for Minecraft as it says I need permissions: Trying to make a realm on Xbox One but can’t as it says I need permission first. I am 27 so I don’t think should I need permission b010a007-68c4-41b0-b2e4-c3d6a51092b7
  3. Need help to enter to my account on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help to enter to my account on Minecraft: hi, it won't let me log into my minecraft account. I already deleted it and downloaded multiple times and still it won't let me in. I get a message saying "sorry something went wrong, Give it...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock Xbox one needs me to change privacy settings to play but won’t let me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Xbox one needs me to change privacy settings to play but won’t let me.: Ive been playing since about release of bedrock, this was working last night, havent touched anything since last night, this has mever happened. I cot on today, got an error stating i need to...
  5. i need help updating my minecraft to 1.16.0 because its at 1.16.0.68

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i need help updating my minecraft to 1.16.0 because its at 1.16.0.68: Hi, I need help to update my Minecraft correctly because everyone else is at 1.16.0 and i'm at 1.16.0.68 for some reason and this makes me not be able to see other players chat when i join but...
  6. I need help, PC Minecraft Win 10 edition does not collect game hours!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help, PC Minecraft Win 10 edition does not collect game hours!: Hey everybody! I've been playing for several hours Windows 10 edition minecraft game on your computer. Xbox achievements come as normal but statistics still show that you would have played only 0...
  7. I need minecraft dungeons refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need minecraft dungeons refund: I need to refund minecraft dungeons since I wanted to buy it with the launcher but accidentally bought it through microsoft store. I haven't played it and won't be playing it since I want to play...
  8. bought minecraft on the official website. but microsoft writes that you need to buy again

in XBoX on Windows
    bought minecraft on the official website. but microsoft writes that you need to buy again: I bought minecraft on the official website and realms, and when I download the game from there, it all works. but there it’s impossible to play servers and realms. and when I try to download...
  9. Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services": Hi! I have recently purchased Minecraft on iPad but I am unable to play online due to problems connecting to Microsoft Account in game. I am trying to setup so that me, my daughter and some of...
  10. why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...: i keep trying to join a minecraft server but I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live thing I don't know what it means or how to fix it and i would love help...