Missing Friend Names

Discus and support Missing Friend Names in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As said in the title, a friends sometimes have their name completely blank, wether it be in the friends' list, party, or the overlay to show whom is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nixolas Zinn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Nixolas Zinn
    Nixolas Zinn Guest

Missing Friend Names

As said in the title, a friends sometimes have their name completely blank, wether it be in the friends' list, party, or the overlay to show whom is talking, it doesn't show their name. Mechanically nothing is wrong, and it seems to be a client issue as
    my other party members can see their name. Games are completely unaffected by this strange occurrence, just only this weird issue on the xbox side of things.... Just bringing up the issue, not sure if it was reported already, but better safe than sorry.

:)

Nixolas Zinn, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Nixolas Zinn Win User

Missing Friend Names

It happened briefly and got fixed after a few minutes. I'm on the Xbox One, and I actually have a similar problem that happened yesterday (23/3/2020), but instead of friends, it was with my games on my dashboard acting as if I didn't have them installed
    and sending me to the store which let's me play it as it is installed. Again the problem was temporary, and it was a minor hassle more than anything, and I have yet to see it happen again. I probably should make another post about it, but currently these problems
    all seem related in the syncing error kinda way....

Ah right one last thing to note, the name was only invisible in overlay and party, on the actual friend's list it was working as intended. This problem only happened in a window of 20-30 mins and it got fixed after my party 'refreshed' as someone joined. I
    know not if the problem was fixed because of that or whatever else, but the person who joined had a blank name as well till I opened the party menu where everything fixed itself and worked as intended.

I will say once more, the problem is resolved. I will still respond if you reply though.

(Ps. I forgot the existence of the bug report on xbox option as it was too out of the way, and I honestly don't know where it is anymore)
  3. schnurren Win User

Missing Friend Names

Hello Nixolas Zinn,

Some days ago we had Xbox Live shortages, so maybe that is one cause. It been happening today for you too?

And that was on Xbox One or on Windows 10?

Also, if on XBOX, you can open a bug pressing Home button and then selecting "Report a Bug" option.
  4. NameMonkey Boy Win User

Lost in Battle....goodbye my dear

I decided not to name any soldiers after family and friends. Instead I name them all after characters from the Hitchhiker's. Just lost Marvin tho, so long Paranoid Android, you will be missed. =(
  5. GamerMuffin Win User

Finding old Xbox Live friend's.

I miss all my old friends like 5 year ago i wish i could remember there names if there is way to look up your friends list history please tell me
  6. LTJ Northy Win User

Alerts for friends coming online...where are they?

There is so much missing that needs sorting imo. No friend notifications, no bio profile edit, no way to see your hard drive storage among them to name a few.
Thema:

Missing Friend Names

1. Missing Friend Names - Similar Threads - Missing Friend Names

2. i miss my friends and account i had for over 10 years utill i got hacked ;( I hope you guys...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i miss my friends and account i had for over 10 years utill i got hacked ;( I hope you guys...: play one for me RopeyStudmuffin :'''( sucks getting hacked and you cant trust anyone anymore 8a752691-693c-4812-9f77-4a1cd6a8cc02
  3. Missing party invites sent by friends?

in XboX Insiders
    Missing party invites sent by friends?: As above anyone else not getting invites? submitted by /u/Davisimo [link] [comments]
  4. How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing: Hello, What am I missing here? How do I stop the pop-up notifications from a person that's no longer on my friends list? I've removed the friend from my friends list. I blocked & muted the person...
  5. Friends List Missing on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends List Missing on Xbox One X: My friends list has been missing for sometime now and I was wondering how to fix the problem. I have tried hard resets and removing my profile from the Xbox but I have had no luck fixing the...
  6. Missing friend on friends list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing friend on friends list: Hello, I am relatively new and have not played xbox in a long time. I recently aquired an xbox as well as my brother. I purchased a used 360 and he bought an xbox one. We set up our boxes,...
  7. Overwatch Beta missing friend access key

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Beta missing friend access key: I preorded the Overwatch pre-release on 27 April to get the early access beta. I can play the game just fine, however I never received the friend access key to give to my buddy. I've looked...
  8. Overwatch Friend Code Missing

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Friend Code Missing: Was sent here by Xbox customer support. I have gained access to the beta, but have yet to receive the code for a friend to get into the early access. I understand they come in waves but surely the...
  9. Gear of War 2 Friends List limited to Old Xbox 360 Friends List Xbox One Friends Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gear of War 2 Friends List limited to Old Xbox 360 Friends List Xbox One Friends Missing: I can't seem to play this game with friends I have made through the Xbox One. None of them are showing on the list to invite and I am not showing up on their lists. Is this because my friends...
  10. Missing from friends list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing from friends list: For the past 3 months, I have one friend who gets removed from my friends list. Neither of us are removing the other. The system keeps unfriending us. It only happens with this one friend!...