Missing Game Clips & Screenshots After Skip Ahead Update Yesterday

Discus and support Missing Game Clips & Screenshots After Skip Ahead Update Yesterday in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've reported it as a problem on my Xbox already, but has anyone else had an issue with all of your recorded clips and screenshots going missing after... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Shojikoto, Feb 8, 2020.

1. /u/Shojikoto
    /u/Shojikoto Guest

I've reported it as a problem on my Xbox already, but has anyone else had an issue with all of your recorded clips and screenshots going missing after this update?

I noticed the problem with the Store Experience Host and Microsoft Store apps failing to update like everyone else, and when I went to check my storage, my internal HDD was only 12% used (a little over 100gb used, and the apps on it only take up about 2gb maybe). This is what then made me decide to go look at my game clips/screenshots to clear some old and unwanted ones out anyway... But discovered that "On Xbox Live" only has extremely old clips & screenshots. And when I look at "On this Xbox", it only shows 8, where there should have been hundreds... This had just worked 2 days ago, as I had just uploaded a few clips to OneDrive to share.

So I'm missing hundreds of clips/screenshots, and about 100gb of used space that's totally unaccounted for after this update.... Trying the latest update that was pushed a bit earlier today hoping that may help.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

submitted by /u/Shojikoto
    [link] [comments]

/u/Shojikoto, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Coach Mahoney Win User

Microsoft Rewards on Xbox One

I had a similar issue. Are you on the skip ahead program? If so it may be an issue with the latest update and please submit a clip to Xbox letting them know if the issue. I have done a hard reset and it did allow me to open it after that but that is not
    always true for everyone. Hope that helps.
  3. Merlin4421 Win User

No sound from Game DVR?

Yeah my frst clip with no sound yesterday after the update.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  5. GrahamHorrocks1 Win User

Alpha skip ahead update

Thanks for the reply.I am already in the insider program for 14 months so I don't know if that makes me part of Alpha skip ahead?Thanks
  6. Shuehb1233 Win User

Alpha skip ahead update

Por lo regular tardan un par de semanas
Thema:

1. Missing Game Clips & Screenshots After Skip Ahead Update Yesterday - Similar Threads - Missing Game Clips

2. Included Game Codes Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Included Game Codes Missing: I just purchased my Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, it came with 3 games - Minecraft, Sea of Thieves and Fortnite. But I have searched the box for 3 times already and there is no card or nothing...
  3. Game clips deleted and missing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game clips deleted and missing.: So about 1-2 weeks ago i had these 3 game clips on my xbox one, I recorded them on October 13th and last viewed them 2 weeks ago, as I just stated. They are missing and were somehow automatically...
  4. Game clips uploaded to xbox live missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game clips uploaded to xbox live missing: Hi, I have recently been trying to find the game clips that I uploaded to Xbox Live but they all seem to not be showing. For example, I had a game clip pinned to my feed and now it’s missing. They...
  5. Game clips missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clips missing: I just had a problem where game clips went missing. First off, I would like to say that my xbox live storage ran out so the game clips I made were on my xbox. I had no problems until I tried to...
  6. Upload Studio - record game clip button missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio - record game clip button missing: Hi, I want to record clips longer than the max 10mins supported by the default Xbox recorder, and I've read online that upload studio should allow to record clips up to 30mins. So I've downloaded...
  7. Old Game Clips Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old Game Clips Missing: My Game DVR only shows the last 100 clips that I've made, which goes back to about 275 days ago, and past that are a dozen screenshots that go as far back as a year ago. I've had my Xbox One for...
  8. Game DVR & Missing Clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR & Missing Clips?: For some reason my recorded gameplay is missing? It's not all my clips but some of them even the ones I've saved have just disappeared! I have checked my account via Xbox website, Xbox One &...
  9. Game DVR clips missing error code "0x87c40156"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR clips missing error code "0x87c40156": All of my gameclips on xbox live dvr are missing and when i try to manage captures through the game dvr app, I get a message with an error code of "0x87c40156" saying, "let us know by entering...
  10. Game DVR clip missing/potentially gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR clip missing/potentially gone?: So while playing Gears 4 I got one insane clip with the snipe. I recorded this clip of course with the game dvr. I went to notifications to view the clip but instead the dvr gave a message saying...