Missing sound with my home theater system

Discus and support Missing sound with my home theater system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem setting up my home theater to my xbox using an optical cable. I have the Surround sound (Beta) option selected. I also have optial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by o BENEFIELD o, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Missing sound with my home theater system

I'm having a problem setting up my home theater to my xbox using an optical cable. I have the Surround sound (Beta) option selected. I also have optial audio selected as 'DTS Digital Sound', and HDMI Audio to 'off'. But I still have no sound coming from
    my home theater system. I did a sound test with all the speakers, and they work

:)

o BENEFIELD o, Feb 20, 2014
  2. Optical audio out option 5.1 compressed

I have a home theater system with optical input and not the 5.1 already compressed as option informs the support site. On my system has only esterio options and uncompressed bitstream output. In the bitstream options are not presenting the sound in the center
    box of the home theater

MF17-B06BCDF6-9A2A-4A89-B063-F6BED79C2716, Feb 20, 2014
  3. dogwitch
    dogwitch Guest
    Hellblade: A game with fantastic sounds

what sad now. is people dont listen to sound now on proper home theater system.

dogwitch, Feb 20, 2014
  4. jplay95 Win User

Best method of connecting xbox 360 with kinect to hdtv and 5.1 surround sound

You should connect the xbox to your tv and where it says sound outout on your tv connect your home theater system to that with your RCA cables. You should be able to cruise through your xbox and hear everything on your tv and home theater system.
  5. jp_drums_4evr Win User

Connecting to a home theatre

Hello trickybuz93, thanks for posting in the forums to get some help. Information about connecting your xbox to a home theater can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../connect-sound-system

Bottom line is you need a separate optical cable to connect to a home theater system. The HDMI apparently doesn't carry the audio.
  6. StarKi113R13 Win User

No Xbox One audio through Sony Surround receiver only get Sky Tv audio?But i can through the tv.

You would actually want your hd box connected to your xbox one then your xbox one to your surround sound and then the surround sound to the tv. this way, your tv will display the picture but your surround sound will intercept the audio. the surround sound
    works as and audio/video in AND out device. Your sky tv wouldn't connect to the xbox at all as far as I know, that would have to be plugged in directly to the sony surround sound and you would change the input on the surround sound rather than the tv.

Here are some cool diagrams to setup your home theater system

support.xbox.com/.../connect-sound-system

support.xbox.com/.../connect-console-to-home-theater
  7. DrifterX22 Win User

No sound

There is a sound trouble shooting guide that includes surround sound systems.

Troubleshoot sound
  8. XBF Crystal P Win User

microsoft xbox movies app

Thema:

Missing sound with my home theater system

1. Missing sound with my home theater system - Similar Threads - Missing sound home

2. Missing Perk Menu?????

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing Perk Menu?????: So I have been playing almost a week now and just realized I am missing this in game perk menu in horde mode lol. First picture is of my game and second is my Wife's. Anyone have any clue how i...
  3. Sound is missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound is missing: A few months ago the sound disappeared in some aps. Now I cant use them. when playing a downloaded movie, the sound only works in the movies&tv application c35854d5-e4f4-489f-835d-3b12b4e91c3e
  4. Gears 5 Missing DLC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 Missing DLC: I bought the Gears 5 UE on windows with all of the DLC, however when I am in game I am missing the halo reach skins. I have the terminator skins, so I am not sure why I am just missing the halo...
  5. Add ons missing from gears 5 game pass ultimate on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add ons missing from gears 5 game pass ultimate on Xbox: I have xbox one x and have the game pass ultimate and downloaded the gears 5 ultimate edition but the add ons are missing, have reinstalled it and still nothing, any advice would be much...
  6. Missing Sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Sound: Hey Guys So I tried to play a favorite game of mine, Borderlands, on the one. I did the update for it and started it up. It starts up and plays the game but the sound is missing. All I get is the...
  7. xbox fitness voice sound track is missing since windows 10 update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox fitness voice sound track is missing since windows 10 update.: Since windows 10 patch my voice sound track doesnt work. all the coaches are muted out. tried uninstall and trouble shooting but no luck. fc5cdcd1-2a39-468c-89b3-a09ab2ade460
  8. Chime sound missing again from Tri-Peaks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chime sound missing again from Tri-Peaks: After installing the most recent Microsoft updates (and also checking for app updates), the chime sound is gone again...but this time only from Tri-Peaks. The card shuffling sound is still there,...
  9. Windows Sonic virtual surround sound option missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic virtual surround sound option missing: I recently try to setup the headset audio to use Windows Sonic on Xbox One, but there is no "use virtual surround sound" option, there is only one option available after select Windows Sonic for...
  10. Sound Mixer is missing from my settings - XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Mixer is missing from my settings - XBOX ONE: Hi, I'm hoping someone can assist. I have an original XBOX One and was looking to adjust the volume between my snapped apps and my main app. I found the instructions on the XBOX site as well as...