Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar

Discus and support Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have recently bought a lg soundbar and have noticed that the sound effect for moving through different tiles on the dash or options and setting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by davey1nut, Oct 18, 2019.

1. davey1nut
    davey1nut Guest

Hi I have recently bought a lg soundbar and have noticed that the sound effect for moving through different tiles on the dash or options and setting has disappeared. I still get a sound for selecting with A button and the whoosh sound using the bumper
    buttons to change top screen catatorgries but silence when moving around the dash. If I open the guide and move through options ,the sound is there. Sound in games seems to be fine. I'm using a soundbar connected to the tv by optical cable. I have tried 3
    Different cables and even ran the cable from the Xbox straight to the soundbar but still no luck. I don't know if this a Xbox one issue or my sound bar is at fault. If I just use the tv for sound the navigation tones moving around the dash are audible. Any
    help would be great. Thanks.

:)

davey1nut, Oct 18, 2019
  2. SuperVogon Win User

One option is to try another audio setting on the Xbox and see if that makes any difference.

If you go into Settings -> Display & Sound -> Audio Output. Then Look at at your Optical audio settings. If it is set to bitstream and you switch the Bitstream format to Dolby Digital or DTS, does that make any difference?

Otherwise, are there options for adjusting the tone on the soundbar? It's possible that tweaking the EQ/tone on the soundbar will reveal the missing sound.
  3. iareBRENDEN Win User

Thats an odd one. The only thing I could find looking around was that there might be some kind of white noise filter that's preventing the shorter OS sounds from playing.

Have you tried messing around with different settings and audio modes on the sound bar?

Do you have any other consoles you could test on that setup?
  4. davey1nut Win User

Thanks for the reply. Yes I found it odd. My pc seems fine for sound so guess it's just an Xbox issue. I have tried all Xbox sound settings and soundbar settings but no luck.
  5. RoninRR3 Win User

Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

TV:

Vizio P50-C1

Sound:

Vizio SB3851-D0 Smartcast38" Soundbar System (2016) model

Connections used:

Optical from Xbox to Sound Bar + Xbox to TV HDMI

Optical from Tv to Soundbar + Xbox to Tv HDMI

XBOX to Soundbar via HDMI, Soundbar to TV HDMI

XBOX To TV HDMI, TV to Soundbar HDMI (ARC)

I'm unable to send screenshots at this time, but with every combination I received The exact same error depicted by SpoopyJilan. Thank you for doing this, Much appreciated!
  6. denis97g Win User

Dash board sound effect xbox one

I don't think it will happen soon.
Thema:

1. Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar - Similar Threads - Missing dash sound

2. Red missing from xbox display and instead appearing as flickering horizontal lines across...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red missing from xbox display and instead appearing as flickering horizontal lines across...: I have an xbox one s which I purchased in January this year, so it's really not very old. Recently I booted it up and, as in the description, only the blue and green components of the standard RGB...
  3. Store and Achievements missing from Beta Android App

in XboX Insiders
    Store and Achievements missing from Beta Android App: I'm using the new beta android xbox app and love all the speed and design improvements. However, I cAnt find achievements or the store anywhere. Those seem like big things to remove from the app...
  4. Watch Tab missing in Alpha Skip-Ahead?

in XboX Insiders
    Watch Tab missing in Alpha Skip-Ahead?: [IMG] I may have just overlooked it but why is the 'Watch tab' no longer in the dashboard? It has been like that with the past few Alpha Skip-Ahead updates. Is it not coming back?...
  5. Missing "I" font in some Game Pass titles

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing "I" font in some Game Pass titles: I have a strange font issue in spesific Game Pass titles. I have experienced this issue in Wasteland Remastered and Battletoads so far. "I" character (capital "i") is missing in menu texts. In...
  6. Mass effect andromeda missing DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass effect andromeda missing DLC: I'm unable to play any off my saved games on mass effect andromeda on my xbox as I'm missing the dlc for it [img] 62358fb9-ffef-4e97-be57-a3e5680ec04f
  7. Missing Dante's Inferno DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Dante's Inferno DLC?: I have purchased all the Dante's Inferno DLC on the Xbox 360 but none of it is showing up on Xbox One. It is asking me to re-purchase everything. I have attempted to download it again by...
  8. Missing purchase option

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing purchase option: I've been wanting an answer for this question for a while. They've even been flexing on me because I couldn't do it. Why can't I purchase any music With groove? I do have plans to get more credit...
  9. Wishlist missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wishlist missing: wishlist is gone on my xbox one from a couple days ago It does show up on the web page Is there any set up i may try? Thanks and sorry for my english 5593573c-1c43-4e80-b4a7-7baf1f41de20
  10. Deal on Dash gone missing. Said valid through 6/8/18

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Deal on Dash gone missing. Said valid through 6/8/18: For the past 2 weeks I have had a special deal on my dash that said,"Buy 12 months of gold get rainbow six siege for free." and there were 2 other deals also. Last weekend which was the Free...