Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar

Discus and support Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have recently bought a lg soundbar and have noticed that the sound effect for moving through different tiles on the dash or options and setting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by davey1nut, Oct 18, 2019.

1. davey1nut
    davey1nut Guest

Hi I have recently bought a lg soundbar and have noticed that the sound effect for moving through different tiles on the dash or options and setting has disappeared. I still get a sound for selecting with A button and the whoosh sound using the bumper
    buttons to change top screen catatorgries but silence when moving around the dash. If I open the guide and move through options ,the sound is there. Sound in games seems to be fine. I'm using a soundbar connected to the tv by optical cable. I have tried 3
    Different cables and even ran the cable from the Xbox straight to the soundbar but still no luck. I don't know if this a Xbox one issue or my sound bar is at fault. If I just use the tv for sound the navigation tones moving around the dash are audible. Any
    help would be great. Thanks.

:)

davey1nut, Oct 18, 2019
  2. SuperVogon Win User

One option is to try another audio setting on the Xbox and see if that makes any difference.

If you go into Settings -> Display & Sound -> Audio Output. Then Look at at your Optical audio settings. If it is set to bitstream and you switch the Bitstream format to Dolby Digital or DTS, does that make any difference?

Otherwise, are there options for adjusting the tone on the soundbar? It's possible that tweaking the EQ/tone on the soundbar will reveal the missing sound.
  3. iareBRENDEN Win User

Thats an odd one. The only thing I could find looking around was that there might be some kind of white noise filter that's preventing the shorter OS sounds from playing.

Have you tried messing around with different settings and audio modes on the sound bar?

Do you have any other consoles you could test on that setup?
  4. davey1nut Win User

Thanks for the reply. Yes I found it odd. My pc seems fine for sound so guess it's just an Xbox issue. I have tried all Xbox sound settings and soundbar settings but no luck.
  5. RoninRR3 Win User

Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

TV:

Vizio P50-C1

Sound:

Vizio SB3851-D0 Smartcast38" Soundbar System (2016) model

Connections used:

Optical from Xbox to Sound Bar + Xbox to TV HDMI

Optical from Tv to Soundbar + Xbox to Tv HDMI

XBOX to Soundbar via HDMI, Soundbar to TV HDMI

XBOX To TV HDMI, TV to Soundbar HDMI (ARC)

I'm unable to send screenshots at this time, but with every combination I received The exact same error depicted by SpoopyJilan. Thank you for doing this, Much appreciated!
  6. denis97g Win User

Dash board sound effect xbox one

I don't think it will happen soon.
Thema:

1. Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar - Similar Threads - Missing dash sound

2. Games missing from Ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games missing from Ready to install: I purchased 650 digital Games over the course of several years and now only 508 are showing in my ready to install. I've logged out of my account and even reset my Xbox One s and it seemed to have...
  3. missing achievements case number:1488352201

in XBoX Games and Apps
    missing achievements case number:1488352201: My achievement in xbox does not match the one I have in steam account even though they are connected. Is there a way to match the achievements in the two platform? [img] [img]...
  4. fortnite 5 missing skins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite 5 missing skins: Hi guys, i lost 5 skins and some items epic games deleted some items from my account, if there is someone that has the problem or knows how i get my money or my items back please message me...
  5. My digital copy of Dark Souls is missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My digital copy of Dark Souls is missing: I recieved dark awhile ago as part of Games with Gold. I went to play it a few days ago and it simply wasn't there anymore! Today i checked the store and the original 360 version wasn't listed at...
  6. Re-pairing controller to Xbox after streaming? Am I missing something?

in XboX Insiders
    Re-pairing controller to Xbox after streaming? Am I missing something?: Is there any other way besides re-pairing the controller to the console with the buttons, if you want to switch to playing on the TV. I feel like I'm missing something. The controller just stays...
  7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare ‘Missing’ DLC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare ‘Missing’ DLC: I purchased a ‘disk’ copy of COD: Modern Warfare and have installed all content required in order to play the game. However, when I try to access any of the modes on the front page, it is stating...
  8. Minecraft purchases are missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft purchases are missing: When my son logs into his account all of the things he has purchased are there but can not be used. They say that they are owed but wont let him use them. It also is telling him that the servers...
  9. Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*

in XboX Insiders
    Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*: How to claim games with gold games in store now? This new update made it so I’m not able to claim them. Price is still there and not show as claim with games with gold. Os Version 10.0.18363.7196...
  10. Deal on Dash gone missing. Said valid through 6/8/18

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Deal on Dash gone missing. Said valid through 6/8/18: For the past 2 weeks I have had a special deal on my dash that said,"Buy 12 months of gold get rainbow six siege for free." and there were 2 other deals also. Last weekend which was the Free...