Mistakenly redeemed add-on under the wrong account - can this be resolved

Discus and support Mistakenly redeemed add-on under the wrong account - can this be resolved in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I mistakenly redeemed an add-on "Overwatch Legendary Edition - 10 skins" under my account, instead of my sons. Naturally, he is not happy with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xplore2Cmore, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM.

1. Xplore2Cmore
    Xplore2Cmore Guest

Hi,

I mistakenly redeemed an add-on "Overwatch Legendary Edition - 10 skins" under my account, instead of my sons.

Naturally, he is not happy with me! Mistakenly redeemed add-on under the wrong account - can this be resolved :(

Is there any way to resolve this?

Is it possible to "Request a refund" for this add-on (even though it was included in the purchase of the game from local gaming store) ?

And if so, does that reset the redemption code so that my son can add to his account?

Or - can the add-on be transferred to my sons account in some way?

I've set-up different restrictions on the accounts, so obviously don't want to give my son access to my account.

Xbox is setup as a home console - but that doesn't appear to assist in this case.

Any guidance appreciated.

:)

Xplore2Cmore, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

3. J4CK 84U3R Jr Win User

Try ask in the support in https://support.xbox.com/Contactus but I think with this not possible
  4. StephanieMCarter Win User

Gifting Games/items

My son DOES have his own account under our Family Account. This is exactly what I tried doing, as there is no way to redeem a gift card under the child's account when logged in as the parent. I mistakenly thought that the family account was all connected,
    so went ahead with redeeming the gift card. Herein lies the problem. I cannot add that money to his account, I cannot gift Vbucks (which is what he wanted to use the money for), and I have no interest in purchasing games myself. Basically, I am out $40
    and it sucks. :(
  5. RaeRae4 Win User

Fortnite - 2,500 (+300 Bonus) V-Bucks.

I redeemed my xbox gift card under wrong account. How can i get it to a different one?
  6. Gob1zku Win User

4 wasted hours! Gold membership dissapeared!

Call support, read them the token, and have them search where it was redeemed. If you can verify the account it was redeemed on as your's, they will be able to cancel it under reasoning of, "redeemed on wrong account" and provide you with a token for 3
    months. You should be able to redeem that on the proper account at that point.
Thema:

1. Mistakenly redeemed add-on under the wrong account - can this be resolved - Similar Threads - Mistakenly redeemed add

2. Mistakenly Bought DLC wrong Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mistakenly Bought DLC wrong Microsoft Account: As the title says, I mistakenly bought the Heartland DLC for State of Decay 2 on the wrong microsoft account, I've been told DLC products aren't eligible for self-service refunds. Is there any...
  3. XBOX误删官方给的办法无法恢复 [XBOX MISTAKENLY DELETES OFFICIAL METHOD THAT CAN'T BE RESTORED]

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX误删官方给的办法无法恢复 [XBOX MISTAKENLY DELETES OFFICIAL METHOD THAT CAN'T BE RESTORED]: [img] 官方给的办法错误截图 [Translation-Officially gave a screenshot of the wrong approach] 8a11a7b3-4416-4857-a3a5-76c90ae60778
  4. Mistakenly Requested Refund

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Mistakenly Requested Refund: Hi, I bought State of Decay 2 for PC on the Microsoft Store online. I thought that I bought the Xbox version at first because when I purchased it, I did not receive any instructions or URLs for...
  5. Mass Effect 1: No destinations available in galaxy map - I mistakenly clicked "answered"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect 1: No destinations available in galaxy map - I mistakenly clicked "answered"...: My original message: I have completed all citadel maps that can be completed. I returned to Normandy for the first time. I believe I have spoken with everyone on the ship. When I open the...
  6. I mistakenly selected confirm to purchase a movie from Microsoft on XBOX 1. Is there a way to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I mistakenly selected confirm to purchase a movie from Microsoft on XBOX 1. Is there a way to ...: I need to get info pn Xbox 1 movie purchases 80ae2e02-6948-4119-8ae0-9200330e67c1
  7. I was Banned mistakenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was Banned mistakenly: My friend was over at my house and messaged another xbox player saying something they shouldn't have and I got a suspension for it. Can I please have this lifted....
  8. MIstakenly Bought a Game of PUBG

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    MIstakenly Bought a Game of PUBG: I did by mistake purchased a game. And I do want to return it because I don't have any Xbox in my room 829bc680-312d-4b2d-9eaf-11b0ca03809d
  9. Mistaken purchase.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mistaken purchase.: Hello, I have an issue with a purchase I have made on the 14/9/18. I have just purchased a addon for a game which I dont have and when I look in my order history I don't see refund item, which I...
  10. How to get refund for mistakenly purchased digital content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get refund for mistakenly purchased digital content: Hi All, Today I have done a mistake and purchased the X-Box one version of Fortnite Deluxe edition from the Microsoft Store and paid almost NZ$100. I do not own a X-Box One therefore I have just...