modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

Discus and support modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time i open any video app on 360 the modem restarts. it does this with nothing else just like netflix, cinema now, history ets... if its a video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D5 AD1 MERLIN, Jan 2, 2014.

1. modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

Every time i open any video app on 360 the modem restarts. it does this with nothing else just like netflix, cinema now, history ets... if its a video app it shuts the modem off to reset and lose connection totally. no multiplayer issues, in any game..
    open nat... i have a cisco Dc3925 modem and its a direct connection in xbox... not wireless

:)

D5 AD1 MERLIN, Jan 2, 2014
  2. fairplay32
    fairplay32 Guest
    X1 Desperate Help !!

I had it where the xbox shut off when trying to plays games I unplugged it waited a few minutes and plugged it in...trying resetting the modem and router...also if your on wifi if you can hard wire it

fairplay32, Jan 2, 2014
  3. jehadabeed
    jehadabeed Guest
    How to turn off XBOX ONE S !

Thx Guys ,

When u put ur xbox on Instant mode when u turn it off "Like from the controller" it stays some how 1/2 on expecting voice commands , but when u totally shuts it off or switch it to power saving mode it shuts off completely "And there is no sound there"

modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. :)

jehadabeed, Jan 2, 2014
  4. DSTRBD FFMEDIC Win User

Can no longer connect multiple in house consoles for MP Destiny ..

GrainAx Have you been able to connect yet. Usually if they push an update I would shut down the two xbox's full reboot and when you shut them off reset modem and router modem then router
  5. i JOKER i Win User

Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

I'm having the same problem with all video apps... Freezes the sound stutters and then shuts off... With Netflix it show cannot play video then shuts off.
  6. Photonimus Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Just a note, when you plug the cable in, you need to reset your modem or the xbox wont read it.

Plug it in, shut off your modem for 30 seconds and power it up again.
  7. RippenHarra Win User

Home screen

Try a hard reset by holding down the power button on front of console for 5 seconds or so or until it shuts off. You could have to many apps open in memory and just needs a clear out.
  8. paulsmid Win User

cant connect to live

so i found the asnwer.

Had to do a total rebbot of the modem to factory settings and then build my hole network opagain from the ground up took me 2 hours but now i can join live again.

Maybee a tip fore the wizzard did you reboot the modem(total reboot in the modem self not switching it off!switching off doesnt reset the modem!!!!)
Thema:

modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

1. modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. - Similar Threads - modem totally shuts

2. Xbox One connects to modem, but not to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One connects to modem, but not to internet: I just got a new modem (Hitron Coda-4582), and my Xbox just will not connect to the internet. All the other devices in the house made the switch fine. I've changed the DNS address on the Xbox and...
  3. I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...: I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is Asus rt ac56r and the Im confused cause nothing has changed when changing modem and internet speed from...
  4. : Xbox connection issues -Arris CM8200 Modem & eero

: Xbox connection issues -Arris CM8200 Modem & eero: : Xbox connection issues -Arris CM8200 Modem & eero Hello. A few months ago, we added the eero to add momentum to our internet access and all worked great. Just this past week, the Xbox will not...
  5. my modem had a reset and cant connect my xbox to internet since

in XBoX on Consoles
    my modem had a reset and cant connect my xbox to internet since: my internet supplier is bell canada we had a electricity shutdown for 5 minutes and when it happens your modem doesnt restart like normal modems usually do lol but i did restart it but since i did...
  6. Internet Connection - It is not Verizon, our internet is a Spectrum modem and I just can't...

Internet Connection - It is not Verizon, our internet is a Spectrum modem and I just can't...: Internet Connection - It is not Verizon, our internet is a Spectrum modem and I just can't find the option to select that I can tell you that when it disconnects it automatically reconnects after...
  7. : Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N

: Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N: : Xboxone, 100% Packet Loss and Double Nat Detected. Modem TP-Link Model: TD-W8961N You really should set up port forwarding as that will probably solve your problems. Otherwise, maybe your...
  8. Call of Duty Modem Warfare crashes no matter what type of game I choose.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modem Warfare crashes no matter what type of game I choose.: I am not able to play Call of Duty Modem Warfare on my Xbox One X. I have tried everything from deleting game save data to restoring Xbox One X to original state. I purchased the full game in...
  9. Xbox (Beta) game download like AOL dial up modem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) game download like AOL dial up modem.: slooooooooow. Tested, my regular download speeds are like +900 MB/S. Not like random internet speed test tested, but like a real file I need, like an ISO image downloaded at +900 MB/S tested....
  10. Has anyone been having any issues with their router/modem or general internet connectivity...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone been having any issues with their router/modem or general internet connectivity...: I'm just wondering because ever since the update issues yesterday my internet has been cutting out constantly, several times a day in a very weird fashion, prompting a manual reboot of my router....