Modern warfare 2 startup issue

Discus and support Modern warfare 2 startup issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have pre ordered mw2 and expected to be playing yesterday however all day, and since I've woken up, I cannot get past the logging into demoware.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TyBrooks2, Sep 23, 2022 at 7:33 PM.

1. TyBrooks2
    TyBrooks2 Guest

I have pre ordered mw2 and expected to be playing yesterday however all day, and since I've woken up, I cannot get past the logging into demoware. Whenever I try I crash in the first minute and I am simply bit receiving the product I have paid for.

If it is important at all I have an old gen.

:)

2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, TyBrooks2! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    As a fellow gamer, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the MW2 Beta.

Unfortunately, it seems these crashes are impacting users across Xbox platforms. Infinity Ward acknowledged this issue through their official Twitter account last night, and according to their Tweet, they are already working on a fix:

[​IMG]

In the meantime, I'd suggest filing a report and providing feedback to Activision's Support team at: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-i...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a "PUP" (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Even though regular troubleshooting is unlikely to work on this particular issue, I'd like to know if you have already tried something to fix this. Perhaps there is still something we could try.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Ackis Win User

MW2 Frozen, Hacked...

For future people who search this problem, I did stumble across these steps from https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Modern-Warfare-2-Freeze-on-Startup-for-Xbox-360. I'm not sure how useful they are, but at least it's a start.

1. Before you play Modern Warfare, make sure you are SIGNED OUT of any xbox account.
    2. Load modern warfare 2.
    3. The game will ask you if you want to sign in. Sign in, then you will get a notification saying you need an update to play this game on xbox live. Update the game and you're good to go !
  4. HG Ezio Win User

Rate the Duties!

1. Black Ops

2. Modern Warfare 3

3. Modern Warfare

4. Modern Warfare 2

5. World at War

6. CoD 2

7. CoD 3
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

MW2 Can't Join Session in Progress!

Are you having this issue in other games, or just Modern Warfare 2?
  6. Psycho 504 Win User

Favorite Gun on any CoD game?

Modern Warfare: AK 47 w/ silencer and RPD

Modern Warfare 2: RPD
Thema:

1. Modern warfare 2 startup issue - Similar Threads - Modern warfare startup

2. My Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is gone from my console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is gone from my console.: My Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is gone from my console. I bought the Operators edition when the game first came out. Now I try to re-download the game and the Xbox store is saying I don't own...
  3. No Multiplayer, Modern Warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Multiplayer, Modern Warfare: Hello, I downloaded but i cant see multiplayer option please help, I am on Xbox one s. I can only see Warzone last stand, MW the upcoming version and Vanguard. 997f67f1-4666-4bf9-8ae5-d6c1228c1f18
  4. Cant See Modern Warfare on My Console when Launch warezone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant See Modern Warfare on My Console when Launch warezone.: Hello, I recently downloaded Call of Duty on my Xbox one S, but now I cant see the multiplayer mode. I downloaded the required add-ons and packs but still I cant see it and I cant play it, I can...
  5. Why do I have to purchase call of duty modern warfare if I already own the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to purchase call of duty modern warfare if I already own the disc: I put the disc in for call Of duty modern warfare to my Xbox x series when I install everything it tells me to purchase the game still I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times I have...
  6. How to fix 0x8007045d when installing Call of Duty Modern Warfare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix 0x8007045d when installing Call of Duty Modern Warfare?: Had problems loading the game. Checked for updates and found none available. The game when loaded is telling me to purchase it. I have a disc copy tried deleting and reinstalling the game....
  7. Modern Warfare not working correctly series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warfare not working correctly series X: Ok so i just bought a Xbox Series X and got it all set up and wanted to play Modern Warfare 2019. At first it gave let me in to the screen to find a match and what not but I couldn't invite...
  8. I purchased Call of duty: Modern warfare and i cannot access the game due to Warzone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Call of duty: Modern warfare and i cannot access the game due to Warzone: I recently purchased call of duty: modern warfare for my xbox one s, but due to having Call of duty: Warzone installed i cannot access it. I only have all of the needed downloads for the campaign....
  9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will continuously hard crash my Xbox One X on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will continuously hard crash my Xbox One X on startup: I bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare back when it first came out and played it for a few days and it would crash my Xbox One X so I just kinda forgot about the game and didn't play it for a few...
  10. Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Crashing on startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Crashing on startup.: Call of Duty. Keeps crashing to home screen when I start it. I have uninstalled it. Installed it, I have also cleared my caches. Hard reset my Xbox factory reset my Xbox. Still nothing is working....