More Than Cloud Storage Affecting External USB Storage

Discus and support More Than Cloud Storage Affecting External USB Storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Awesome Xbox Community, Recently I added an external USB 3.0 HDD Lacie which got great reviews over at Amazon. Xbone formatted the drive for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LittleBigPlanet, Mar 28, 2015.

1. More Than Cloud Storage Affecting External USB Storage

Hello Awesome Xbox Community,

Recently I added an external USB 3.0 HDD Lacie which got great reviews over at Amazon.

Xbone formatted the drive for games and apps fine. As with most folks my Xbone internal

HDD is pretty much full.

The drive performed pretty well for the most part for over 1.5+ months.

Then today I got an error 0x80070570 launching a game so I tried launching all apps and games on

the USB 3.0 HDD and some launch and some will not launch.

For example, I was able to launch Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furious just yesterday but cannot today.

I was able to launch an app like USANetwork but cannot today.

I then tried another app like ABCNews and that launch fine.

So I proceed to reinstall SlingTV on the USB 3.0 HDD since it also failed to launch but

installation stopped at 0 percent.

To test more I uninstall the SlingTV app from USB 3.0 HDD and reinstall on internal HDD and the

SlingTV app launched succesfully.

I attempted to then move the SlingTV app to USB 3.0 HDD but nothing happens.

Xbone will not move it.

So I tried to move another app from internal HDD that launched successfuly to USB 3.0

and it moved successfully. Now that the app is on the USB 3.0 device I attempt to launch it

and it launched fine on USB 3.0 HDD.

I already did all the reboots and complete power down and power up of Xbone.

Anybody having these types of issues?

It sure feels like DRM and Xbox Live related.

Thank you for the support.

:)

LittleBigPlanet, Mar 28, 2015
  2. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Best way to upgrade Xbox One storage?

As others stated add storage by getting external. If you open it you void the warranty, and you'd be replacing the storage. With external you get the storage in the box plus the external storage, additive. Not really even a question of what to do.

Just make sure it's 3.0 and is over the 250gb minimum (i also don't know if it is 250 or slightly more). Hook into USB and run.

cross44, Mar 28, 2015
  3. Abfirstr8
    Abfirstr8 Guest
    Best way to upgrade Xbox One storage?

256GB

Abfirstr8, Mar 28, 2015
  4. darkist1 Win User

Question

Hi Scott,

You can use a USB external HDD on your console as long as it meets the minimum requirements. You only use the cloud for save games, not games themselves.

Requirements

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 128 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

External hard drive xbox one

Requirements

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.
    Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. For more info, see

How to manage storage on Xbox One

external storage
  6. LBx Jaggerwar Win User

external drive

Greetings JeserGonzalez,

There are a few requirements that need to be met with so that the External Hard Drive meet.

• It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more info about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. For more info, see

Manage storage on Xbox One

The link below will also be help to use and have more info on the related topic. I hope it helps! :

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage

Sincerely,

Jagger
  7. XBF Crystal P Win User

How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X?

Hi there Frank!

Thanks for the reply. The requirements for an external storage drive:

• It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come wit a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    The best troubleshooting resource is the one provided by XBF Chris :
    Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One.

If the problem persists, try checking out the support forum for the manufacturer of the external drive for more assistance. Another step you can try is using a different USB cable for the external hard drive.

Hope this helps.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one x not reading external media device

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One. It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you're using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later. It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity. It has a partition. No more than three storage devices are connected
    to the console at the same time.
    https://support.xbox.com › troubleshooting
    True only for Xbox game storage. Media playback, i.e. photo's, video's and music should work off most external storage devices, be they USB 1.0, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 - even USB Flash drives. The USB 3.0, 256GB requirement is only for Xbox One games installed
    or downloaded on to an external hard drive.
Thema:

More Than Cloud Storage Affecting External USB Storage

1. More Than Cloud Storage Affecting External USB Storage - Similar Threads - More Cloud Storage

2. Game Pass Ultimate. Buy more than one for a household?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass Ultimate. Buy more than one for a household?: I bought a Ultimate Game Pass. I have a family account. I bought a Game Pass Ultimate. My question is can my other kids use it on their accounts in the same xbox or do i have to buy one for each...
  3. Xbox live for more than one person

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live for more than one person: Hi, we pay for our eldest son (14) to have an xbox live subscription. my other son (12) has a profile and log in but we only have one xbox, so they share. Can my youngest access the same xbox live...
  4. More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...: Throughout the past months, I am unable to talk in-game chat across all games and this used to be fixable by going into a party and turning off your mic and then back on and it would work. Pain in...
  5. My gamerscore is still missing after more than a week, how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamerscore is still missing after more than a week, how do I fix it?: My 156,000 (roughly) gamerscore was reduced to 95,000 (again roughly) just a bit over a week ago. I gave it a bit to fix, before restarting and hard restarting the console. I followed that by...
  6. Xbox playing games on its own? Read desc for more info

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox playing games on its own? Read desc for more info: let me describe 2 times this happened. I went to sleep with my xbox off at around 1 am, I wake up and my friend says I got on black ops 2 at around 5 am, and played till 8 am, but I was sleeping....
  7. Already solved, but... more concerned as to why it happened.

in XBoX on Windows
    Already solved, but... more concerned as to why it happened.: So, with PSO2 comin' out, I was all hyped up. Downloaded it, having a blast. I go to hop on it this afternoon, and lo and behold, my account's been smacked with a temporary suspension. I went...
  8. More games in the Xbox X cloud streaming app

in XboX Insiders
    More games in the Xbox X cloud streaming app: X cloud has been amazing I've played hours of forza on my phone and I can't believe how good it runs,but I think they should add more games like the witcher 3,fifa 20 or 19 since they added madden...
  9. More Azure Cloud based gaming? Especially for TitanFall 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    More Azure Cloud based gaming? Especially for TitanFall 2?: Just wondering what is going to be the future of Azure and Cloud based created games? I find it extremely interesting and inspiring that Cloud Computing is being utilized in the format and...
  10. More than just cloud storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    More than just cloud storage: As you all are currently aware Xbox One and 360 are experiencing issues with storage. Well I also believe party chat and joing friends is experiencing issues as well. I thought it was my...