Move all games to external drive then reset xbox?

Discus and support Move all games to external drive then reset xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S has a problem with the wi-fi, it cuts out constantly while playing. My PS4 does not do that so I'm pretty sure my Xbox has issues so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CurtParasite975, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Move all games to external drive then reset xbox?

My Xbox One S has a problem with the wi-fi, it cuts out constantly while playing. My PS4 does not do that so I'm pretty sure my Xbox has issues so I want to factory reset it. It's also just generally slow and laggy.

I have an external drive hooked up and moved all my games to it. Can I then unplug the external, reset the Xbox and configure it, then plug in the external and everything be good? I just want to make sure before I do it. Thanks!

:)

CurtParasite975, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Yes the games will be completely on your external hard drive and simply be back when you plug it back in after the reset.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

My Xbox One S has a problem with the wi-fi, it cuts out constantly while playing. My PS4 does not do that so I'm pretty sure my Xbox has issues so I want to factory reset it. It's also just generally slow and laggy.

I have an external drive hooked up and moved all my games to it. Can I then unplug the external, reset the Xbox and configure it, then plug in the external and everything be good? I just want to make sure before I do it. Thanks!
    Is there anyway you could hard wire
  4. MerSauta Win User

Hi CurtParasit975,

Yes. You can indeed store everything on your external drive and remove it for safe keeping. I do this for my 2 xboxs at home. It saves the trouble from downloading games on both systems. Also, you can do a factory reset and choose
    Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
    or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
    Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
    Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello CurtParasite975,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to your question about whether you can unplug your external from your Xbox One S after having moved your games from your Internal to the External, yes you can. Once everything has been moved to the external,
    you can unplug it from the console unit and then Restore the console to
    Factory Defaults
    . Once you've done so please reply back letting us know whether it was successful or not.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Hiya,

Yes you are able to do that as I've had to do it myself on my XBOX One X. Good luck!!!

Happy Gaming!!!!
Thema:

1. Move all games to external drive then reset xbox? - Similar Threads - Move games external

2. Games won't install/move to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't install/move to external hard drive: I recently had a few updates for games come through, a couple of 50gb updates that I presume were One X 4k related as well as one for Rocket League, all going to an external 2tb Seagate Game Drive...
  3. Game moved to external hard drive wont launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game moved to external hard drive wont launch: I moved halo Wars 2 from my internal drive to my external drive. When I try to launch it, now it is asking if I own the game ( I do) and then directs me to the store to buy it again. It is a...
  4. Unable to move game to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to move game to external storage: Hi, after the update I do not have an option to move a game to my external hard drive. It only allows for uninstall for the games on the x box one? Anybody have this issue? I have enough...
  5. Moving Games to an external hard drive post-spring 2017 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Games to an external hard drive post-spring 2017 update: So since the new update, I seem to have lost the ability to move games from my Xbox one to my external hard drive, the option just isn't there, Can anyone help me?...
  6. Cant move xbox games to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant move xbox games to external hard drive: I am trying to move my husband's games back to external hard drive after I made a mistake. I had not known about the exernal drive when I turned it on and seen that he had no apps on his xbox one,...
  7. moving games from internal to external

in XBoX on Consoles
    moving games from internal to external: I am trying to move games from internal to external storage. I went through the steps but the games are in the queue and not moving. they are at 0% and don't seem to be doing anything. I did...
  8. Not able to move game from internal to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to move game from internal to external hard drive: Hi, I have a seagate external harddrive ( 698GB), I am not able to move games installed on internal hard drive to external hard drive. I don't get a format option. I called the help desk and...
  9. Game icon changes when moving to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game icon changes when moving to external storage: This is purely a cosmetic issue and does not affect game play, but I've noticed that some games seem to change their icon after moving from the drive that it was originally installed on to another...
  10. Bug report - missing Tile art when moving games to external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug report - missing Tile art when moving games to external HDD: I've found a pretty annoying bug involving tile art that I haven't seen reported anywhere. This is NOT about blank tiles but about missing assets on tiles. Games affected include: Rare Replay,...