Move my gamer tag from one email to another

Discus and support Move my gamer tag from one email to another in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my gamertag on an old email that I don’t anymore. How can I move it over? f13f7eb9-f06f-46b5-aa1a-f9a60697bf3d Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BradyAnderson2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Move my gamer tag from one email to another

I have my gamertag on an old email that I don’t anymore. How can I move it over?

:)

BradyAnderson2, Aug 1, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamertags

Hello Rich,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Unfortunately, it is impossible to move gamer tag from one account to another. However, if the account you want to move it to, does not have a gamer tag then you can

change the primary email
    on the one you want to move with the other email.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. AridLizard Win User

go to
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
    and click the Contact Us button
    select Family and Online Safety as the category
    select I Want to Protect My Account as the topic
    scroll to the bottom of the options and select Chat Online or Request a Call
    then explain the situation when you get through.
  4. BradyAnderson2 Win User

5. AridLizard Win User

6. XBF Chris J Win User

Changing a Child's email address in a family group.

Hello Wil,

There is no way to move the gamer tag/info over from one account to another. You would need to replace the unwanted email with the new email. This only works, as mentioned above, if that email not currently attached to another Microsoft account.

Simply log into the account with the unwanted Email and follow the steps linked above in Brad's post.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Move my gamer tag from one email to another - Similar Threads - Move gamer tag

2. How to move a child's Xbox gamer tag off the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move a child's Xbox gamer tag off the parent account?: My son is now 18 going off to college and his Xbox is still linked to my parent account. He needs his own Microsoft account but wants to keep his gamer tag. How do we do this?...
  3. Moving gamer tag to child’s Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamer tag to child’s Microsoft account.: Can i create a childs account and then move a current gamertag to it and the delete the old microsoft account? 9df61bb9-69cf-4546-b201-ac1d3021229a
  4. Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...: Hello all how is everyone. I hope you are well because I am going to start a heated topic. Back 23 years ago I had a child. That said child grew up into a little boy that just wanted a xbox for...
  5. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?: I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he was doing online. Well, the time has come for...
  6. Move gamer tag to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamer tag to child account: I just recently learned that you can setup a child account under Xbox and limit their playtime. Up until now my son has used my account which is attached to my email. Is there a way to move the...
  7. Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account: Both of my sons received Xbox one's for Christmas. To get them started we set their gamer tags up on mine and my husbands Hotmail accounts. Now I want to limit their screen time and transfer money...
  8. Moving my gamer tag to my sons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving my gamer tag to my sons: I added my child to my family account so I could control his time. He had always used my profile in the past so when I set up his account none of that transferred obviously so all of his games and...
  9. Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another: I think it’s silly how in 2018 you can’t simply move or delete account from a Microsoft email with out deleting and losing your email address, all I want to do is change the email account witch...
  10. Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?: I have been locked out of my old Microsoft Account from 5+ years ago and was wondering if I can have the Gamer-Tag on the account recovered somehow. The account is [Mod Removed] and the Gamer-Tag...