Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

Discus and support Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhostRider90001, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he was doing online. Well, the time has come for him to have his own Microsoft Live account and have control
    over his Xbox Live account. I don't play any games on it. All of the points and achievements on the account are his own on the Xbox, and I don't want him to lose all of that, or his gamertag.

I no longer want the Xbox associated with my Microsoft Live account. I want it all moved to his account. How in the world do I do this? This shouldn't be that hard. This shouldn't have required me to come to these forums and ask this question. I should
    just be able to log onto the Xbox and change the email account associated with it. Why on earth have you made this simple task so incredibly difficult?

I'm really not interested in creating an account alias, because my son has no business being able to access my Microsoft Live account. I'm not looking to change the email address that I use to log into my Microsoft Live account. I am only interested in
    transferring his gametag to his own Microsoft Live account.

What can we do to fix this?

Jim Waid

Father of an avid gamer

PS... We also have an XBox 360, as I've seen mentioned that this was something you were supposedly able to easily do on that console. If that is the case, I can do this on the Xbox 360 if you have instructions on how to do so.

:)

GhostRider90001, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

1. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account? - Similar Threads - Move gamer tag

2. Move gamer tag to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamer tag to child account: I just recently learned that you can setup a child account under Xbox and limit their playtime. Up until now my son has used my account which is attached to my email. Is there a way to move the...
  3. Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account: Both of my sons received Xbox one's for Christmas. To get them started we set their gamer tags up on mine and my husbands Hotmail accounts. Now I want to limit their screen time and transfer money...
  4. Moving my gamer tag to my sons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving my gamer tag to my sons: I added my child to my family account so I could control his time. He had always used my profile in the past so when I set up his account none of that transferred obviously so all of his games and...
  5. Moving Gamer Tag to New Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving Gamer Tag to New Account: Hello. I recently upgraded my phone from an HTC 8x to a Lumia Icon. I decided this was a good time to ditch my old Microsoft Account for various reasons and associate a new account with my new...
  6. Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another: I think it’s silly how in 2018 you can’t simply move or delete account from a Microsoft email with out deleting and losing your email address, all I want to do is change the email account witch...
  7. Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?: I have been locked out of my old Microsoft Account from 5+ years ago and was wondering if I can have the Gamer-Tag on the account recovered somehow. The account is [Mod Removed] and the Gamer-Tag...
  8. Moving Gamer tag from an old account to a new one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Gamer tag from an old account to a new one.: Hi, Many years a go I borrowed an xbox 360 and set up an user profile. I now have an xbox one s on pre-order and I would like to use my old gamer tag on that. However i'd like that gamer tag to...
  9. Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.: Back in the day... I started with a gamer-tag in the XBOX1 days and also used this with the XBOX360, later I got rid of all the gaming stuff and didn't use this account for years. Always been a...
  10. Moving a gamer tag associated with an email to a new email that already has a profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag associated with an email to a new email that already has a profile.: I would like to move a Gamertag associated with an email that I do not use to another email that already has an xbox live profile on it. I have found there to be two methods for this: 1.Making a...