Move xbox account to a different live account

Discus and support Move xbox account to a different live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a live.com account and at some point it was merged with my xbox account. Now my kid has basically taken over the xbox account so I want to split... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob_007, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Rob_007
    Rob_007 Guest

I have a live.com account and at some point it was merged with my xbox account. Now my kid has basically taken over the xbox account so I want to split if off from my live account and move it to her live account. How do I do that without moving my onenote
    and other accounts to her live account?

:)

Rob_007, Jul 29, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Email issues

Hi there,

-

you can NOT delete a xbox live account, you can only move it to a different Microsoft Account.

So you will need to move that unwanted xbox live account to a new (temporary) Microsoft Account and after that you will be able to move your GT (xbox live account) to that Microsoft Account.

Be aware that you can only move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Acocunt when it has been on a console for at least 30 days, without it being downloaded.

This link explains on how to move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Account:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Rob_007

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice for clarity on how an Xbox profile is linked with a Microsoft account.

As previously posted, there is no way to separate the two now that this has happened. If you do not want her to use your Microsoft account as the profile that is tied to her progress, the best course of action here would be for you to make another Microsoft
    account and having her use that one instead.

If you're scared that the games and apps purchased through your current Microsoft account will become inaccessible, then I would suggest making that console your Microsoft account's home console so that you can share that content. For more information on
    what this entails, check out How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading.
  4. Peter R Fleming Win User

Hi, unfortunately, there is no way to separate an Xbox account from a Microsoft Account.
  5. WPAK Win User

a unique situation

Sorry, my mistake... that should have said 'removed' and not moved.

Any balance will remain on the Original Microsoft Account. So for example if you have a balance of 15 on Microsoft Account A that is connected to Xbox Live account 1, and you move Xbox Live Account 1 to a different Microsoft Account (B).

The balance will remain on Microsoft Account A, all purchases, xbox live subscription and gamerscore etc, those will move with xbox live account 1 to the different Microsoft Account (B).

I hope this makes a little more sense :)
  6. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
Thema:

1. Move xbox account to a different live account - Similar Threads - Move account different

2. Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account: My son has been using a Xbox Live GamerTag associated with my Microsoft Account. I would like to move this GamerTag (along with the associated game progress, credits, etc.) to his Microsoft...
  3. Moving gamertag to different account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamertag to different account: My sons Xbox gamertag is set up on my microsoft account - I want to move it to a child account i've set up for him. How do i do this e3dbf806-1068-4fdf-b776-fd47ce1659ec
  4. Moving xbox profile to a different live account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving xbox profile to a different live account.: Ddue to setting up a microsoft account on windows, and a gamertag on the original xbox. I have ended up with 2 different microsoft accounts. My pc account has additional onedrive storage(30GB...
  5. move account to a different email address - but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    move account to a different email address - but...: Dear all, I would like to disconnect my email address from the xbox account (or move the account to a different email address) 2 preconditions: 1. the Microsoft account stays connected with my...
  6. moving gamertag to a different microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    moving gamertag to a different microsoft account: my sons gamertag is connected to his mums microsoft account which was setup ten years ago and now needs to move gamertag over to his own microsoft account. why on earth is this not possible? i...
  7. Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.: Back in the day... I started with a gamer-tag in the XBOX1 days and also used this with the XBOX360, later I got rid of all the gaming stuff and didn't use this account for years. Always been a...
  8. Moving my Gamer Profile to a different Microsoft 'live' account with subscriptions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving my Gamer Profile to a different Microsoft 'live' account with subscriptions: On my Xbox I have my gamer profile associated to a 'live' account with a gmail email address. I also have a windows live account for my PC (running windows 10) this is associated to a different...
  9. Is it possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft account then move a different gamertag ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft account then move a different gamertag ...: What the title says, I'd like to use my old gamertag with the same Microsoft account I use to sign into windows 8 c50e3375-4221-4006-9c75-a1e1bf6e4292
  10. Moving gamertag to a different microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamertag to a different microsoft account: this is my first question on the forum,i tried to find an answer but i just couldnt find what i was looking for. okay so i want to move my gamertag which is associated to a email i dont use (...