Movie play error 0x000005b4

Discus and support Movie play error 0x000005b4 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased a movie on my xbox one and it will not play. Tried two nights in a row, still no luck. Also did all the tips to try and get it to work. Hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kenwa73, Nov 19, 2019.

1. kenwa73
    kenwa73 Guest

Purchased a movie on my xbox one and it will not play. Tried two nights in a row, still no luck. Also did all the tips to try and get it to work. Hard restart deleting app and profile etc. Had this issue on my old xbox 360, purchased a new xbox one thinking
    that might help but I was wrong. I was able to get a refund when this happened in the past on my xbox 360 months ago. Movie purchases are no longer refundable it appears. If it doesn't work you basically just gave them money for a **** product, this would
    never fly anywhere else. Selling something that doesn't work, not being able to fix the issue / product but keeping your money is shady to say the least. Only purchase movies on the xbox for convenience but that will not happen anymore, just trying to save
    others the headache of giving away money for nothing. Don't buy movies through xbox live / Microsoft Movies and TV app.

:)

kenwa73, Nov 19, 2019
  2. BobbyJohnson4 Win User

Error entering code

I'm getting an error code for movies and TV shows 0x000005b4
  3. MetalNutz Win User

Movie problems

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-800705b4

Try going through these steps and report back. Good luck!

Error code 0x000005b4 solution
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

Error code 0x000005b4 when streaming movies

I suppose the problem is only with this movie? If it is, then is a temporary bug that will be removed, especially after your insider report. Wish you the best of luck and a fast solution to your problem.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Rob,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. If you haven't already done so, I recommend trying some of the solutions from our support article entitled Troubleshoot
    Movies & TV on Xbox One
    , of course skipping the ones that you've already attempted. Its great that you've reported it through the Xbox Insider app! That data will go directly to the developers and really helps out.

Give the solutions in the article a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps a bit more.
  6. RobPerrine Win User

I've done that several times last night and this morning. Download the xbox insider app. Reported through there. And finally deleted and reinstalled movies and tv app. Nothing is working.
Thema:

1. Movie play error 0x000005b4 - Similar Threads - Movie play error

2. purchased content on movies and TV shows not playing - error code 0x80190191

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchased content on movies and TV shows not playing - error code 0x80190191: I can't play any of my purchased movies or TV shows, and keep getting the error code 0x80190191 with the message that a username and password are required. I have signed out and back in to my...
  3. Films and tv app not playing my movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films and tv app not playing my movies: I am signed into my xbox account but when i try to play a movie i've purchased it says i need to put in a password and username but nowhere to enter them into. 889fc932-c0d7-49d6-986b-39d0ec5c15e4
  4. I can’t play some of my movies I paid for all of a sudden. I keep getting error code 0xc00d4278

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t play some of my movies I paid for all of a sudden. I keep getting error code 0xc00d4278: i would really appreciate being able to play the content that i paid for. A lot of my movies will not play i keep getting this error code 0xc00d4278. d2408339-215a-4b97-a2e3-c8ebe0050e3d
  5. Playing a movie on Movies and TV app. Half way through the movie I get error code 0x000005b4.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a movie on Movies and TV app. Half way through the movie I get error code 0x000005b4.: I have tried to do a power cycle on xbox one (power button for 10 seconds and unplug for 10 seconds) cycled my network including modem. Movie plays fine on desktop version of Movies and TV app....
  6. Error when playing movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when playing movie: On the first day of August came the movie of Avengers Infinity war, I bought it early and when I wanted to play it I skipped the following window: "This item is not available." code: 0xc10100b2 I...
  7. Error Code 803c0008 when trying to play movies I have purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 803c0008 when trying to play movies I have purchased: As title says, getting Error Code 803c0008 when trying to play movies I have purchased. Just started happening today. No I have not transferred to a new xbox and yes I am using the gamertag that...
  8. Playing a movie results in error 0xc00d36c4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a movie results in error 0xc00d36c4: Hi, i purchased the movie "Star Trek 2 - The Wrath of Khan" a few days ago. First time, when i played the movie till the half, everything was working. Today, I wanted to watch the other half of...
  9. Playing Movie Error Code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Movie Error Code: I put in a movie and received error code 0x8008010b. Any movie I try gives me the same thing. Anyone have a fix for this or could give me suggestions. I tried removing from the power source and...
  10. Error 0xc101ab66 when attempting to play a rented movie

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0xc101ab66 when attempting to play a rented movie: I'm getting a message of : "Can't play. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit xbox.com/support to check for guidance 0xc101ab66" When trying to play a movie (X-Men First Class) that...