Movies and TV app now working

Discus and support Movies and TV app now working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was watching a movie an got error code 0xc101ab66. Now the app won't play anything looked up the code an it says Xbox live is down but nothing is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SaintX36, Jan 20, 2022.

1. SaintX36
    SaintX36 Guest

Was watching a movie an got error code 0xc101ab66. Now the app won't play anything looked up the code an it says Xbox live is down but nothing is showing that Xbox live is down. Help?

:)

SaintX36, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Xbox Live is experiencing an outage right now and it's causing the issue you're having. Kindly hold on while service is being restored. Apologies for the inconvenience.

See the status here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  3. KeithDuperreault Win User

Film/TV, Netflix

Had to uninstall the entire Film/TV app and reinstall it.

Seems to be working now.

Got a message refund is on it's way for unfinished movie rental.
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

No tv or movie apps working

Tried both ways and none worked.. would it be a system problem?
    If you tried the power-cycle and still have problems, the factory reset (keeping games & apps) is your next best bet.
  5. JamesGagne1 Win User

Just trying to help try holding the power button on your xbox for 10 seconds to restart it and if that doesn't work then you should try speaking to a xbox assistant about the situation hope I help.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Did that also not work? Honestly, if it doesn't solve it, there may be another issue. You said that Netflix and YouTube are functioning normally, so that suggests an issue with the apps themselves. If no streaming app was working, then it might be hardware
    related.
Thema:

1. Movies and TV app now working - Similar Threads - Movies app working

2. HDR10 no longer available for gaming on Series X but works for tv/movie apps where available

in XboX Insiders
    HDR10 no longer available for gaming on Series X but works for tv/movie apps where available: As I've said in title the HDR10 no longer available for gaming on Series X but works for tv/movie apps where available... I didn't change a single thing and today I noticed that the little auto...
  3. Movies & TV app not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV app not working: Seriously, I can't watch any movies or TV shows on the app as it keeps freezing and giving error code 0xc00d4278. What the hell is this bs, getting sick and tired of your apps not working...
  4. Xbox 1 movie n tv app wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 movie n tv app wont work: Hi guys , We just purchased Sonic the h movie and it glitches then it stops working. We uninstalled app and did all trouble shooting ideas and nothing happened. Please help because we missed...
  5. No tv or movie apps working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No tv or movie apps working: I have been trying to watch sky go Disney plus and now tv any time Iv tried it won’t work.. tried to call Xbox no answer emailed them Xbox them on Facebook Twitter no answer.. I deleted all the...
  6. movies and tv app not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    movies and tv app not working: i've started and restarted my xbox but nothing seems to help my movies will not load the store does not show either. e2d1f686-a86c-4b65-8ad0-5e6b3a2b9645
  7. Issues with the xbox tv and movie app not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with the xbox tv and movie app not working: I'm interested in hearing from other who have purchased content on the tv and movies app and have not bee able to view their content. specifically has your problem been remedied and how was your...
  8. Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.: I rented a movie over the Xbox Marketplace on September 16th but when I tried to watch it the app failed and I got the error code 0x80070490. I tried all of the troubleshooting on the Xbox website...
  9. My movie app does not work how it is done

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My movie app does not work how it is done: My movie app does not work how it is done help me please 8a29727e-7dfe-470a-bfc9-281340cc8167
  10. Purchased movies and tv shows not working on the Microsoft movie and tv app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased movies and tv shows not working on the Microsoft movie and tv app: my xbox one Microsoft movie and tv app isnt letting me playback moves but will pet me watch previews ive factory reset and everything the techs have told me to do and nothing it working to fix the...