Movies not playing

Discus and support Movies not playing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I attempted to watch a movie off of a disc and noticed that for some reason it wasn't opening the Blu-ray. I thought maybe if I open the app it'll work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwordOfEden666, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Movies not playing

I attempted to watch a movie off of a disc and noticed that for some reason it wasn't opening the Blu-ray. I thought maybe if I open the app it'll work instead I was greeted by error code 0x91d70000. After looking through the support page and doing what
    I could including completely uninstalling the app and reinstalling it nothing has changed. Game discs open and work just fine and as I already followed the instructions from the support page I'm not sure what to do now. What do I do to fix this problem?

:)

SwordOfEden666, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing Movies

No, the 360 doesn't have a Blu-ray drive. It will play standard DVD's and upscale them to produce a better picture, but it will not play BD discs. You can download HD movie rentals from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace though.
  3. SwordOfEden666 Win User

Movies not playing

I have reviewed the page and done what I can but still no progress. I've done everything I can outside of contacting support directly. Is there a solution not listed on the support page that may fix this issue?
  4. webdevkit Win User

Movies not playing

Hey SwordOfEden! Disc errors can be super frustrating, I've run into a few myself. I strongly encourage you follow the steps outlined in "Some
    discs play, but others don't or get an error
    " on the Xbox One Disc Errors Troubleshooting page, which I've paraphrased below. Some discs are region-locked, some discs are just scratched or damaged, some discs are just a weird result of dust and light interfering
    with each other and a simple cleaning fixes it...

If you're having a problem with a single disc but other discs are working fine, try these solutions.

Important for customers in North America and Europe As of 9/21/2016, if you are specifically having trouble with Ultra High Definition (UHD) Blu-ray discs with your Xbox One S console:

The Xbox One S fully complies with Ultra HD Blu-ray requirements; however, we are aware that a limited number of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie discs manufactured earlier in 2016 may not play on the Xbox One S. This issue has since been
    corrected, but if you are experiencing a problem playing a specific 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie disc, you can contact the customer service department of the title’s studio for support. Note that your console does not require repair or updates to resolve this
    particular disc issue. If you need further assistance with this, please contact Xbox support.

Solution 1: Ensure the disc is clean and not defective

Solution 2: Try playing the disc on another Xbox One console

Solution 3: Make sure the Blu-ray player app has installed successfully

Solution 4: Make sure your DVD or Blu-ray Disc is from the same region where you purchased your console

Solution 5: Replace the game/DVD
  5. BLACKATTACK4 Win User

Movie will not play

just error code g was a typi
  6. x2eZx tyranicle Win User

Movies and TV app will not play movies

Fix your [mod removed-profanity] xbox!
Thema:

Movies not playing

1. Movies not playing - Similar Threads - Movies playing

2. Can't play Blu Ray movie cause not connected to Microsoft store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Blu Ray movie cause not connected to Microsoft store: My internet is out for the day, so im trying to watch the blu-ray player, but wont let me cause im not connected to the Microsoft store. Why do i need internet to watch a disc?...
  3. Xbox 1 console don’t play movies of Netflix anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 console don’t play movies of Netflix anymore: We would start to watch a movie through xbox 1 on our netflix account and a minute in the picture would go black but we would have sound.. interesting enough though tv series would play on netflix...
  4. Xbox one s won't play movies without messing up video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't play movies without messing up video: I have a brand new xbox one s. Everytime I play a DVD on it, the dvd plays fine. But after I take the movie out, it starts making crackling noises and the screen starts flashing back and forth...
  5. Xbox 360: Movies & TV app problems playing downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360: Movies & TV app problems playing downloads: Hello, I have previously purchased many TV shows via the Movies & TV app. I have poor broadband, so was happy that the Xbox 360 allowed download of my purchases so I can watch them without any...
  6. XBox 360 freezes while watching TV or playing movies

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 freezes while watching TV or playing movies: Our xBox 360 freezes while playing movies or watching TV through it. It happens at least 3 times an hour. We have nothing on hardrive, and our cache is cleared. We only watch the TV and videos....
  7. Rented movies won't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented movies won't play: I've tried renting 2 movies from the store both will not play , I have a 4k uhd tv and it also a xbox one s and it says my device or hardware doesn't support it need help please and thank u...
  8. Не воспроизводится видео на сайте кинопоиск[Translation-Video is not played on the movie...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Не воспроизводится видео на сайте кинопоиск[Translation-Video is not played on the movie...: Здравствуйте, на приставке XBOX one s в приложении Microsoft edge не воспроизводится видео (защищенный контент) с сайта кинопоиск., все зависает на надписи "идет настройка браузера для...
  9. Discussion: Do you think an Xbox One X would still be able to play Movies & TV 25 years...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discussion: Do you think an Xbox One X would still be able to play Movies & TV 25 years...: If so, I might want to take Microsoft up on their $299 Xbox One X deal for a family member or close friend’s house. My aunt and uncle living in Fla. still have a Wii....
  10. Various Movie Titles that I've purchased come up with error code and won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Various Movie Titles that I've purchased come up with error code and won't play: I keep seeing error code 0xc101ab80 when I try to play movies that I have previously purchased. I've ensured the console is updated. Having searched online this seems to be an issue for many but...