Moving Accounts Problem

Discus and support Moving Accounts Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having serious trouble moving my gamertag from an old microsoft account to the one that is used on all my windows computers. I have attempted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jorge Hidrobo, May 29, 2014.

1. Moving Accounts Problem

I am having serious trouble moving my gamertag from an old microsoft account to the one that is used on all my windows computers.

I have attempted to follow the steps that are outlined here: Error 0x8015402d | Microsoft Account Error | Xbox 360 Error

but the first time I did it, the gamertag I did not want, got connected to the 2 microsoft accounts at the same time (shouldn't be possible, but whatever). I waited until I could try and move the gamertag away the account I wanted to be free, and it worked,
    only to get notification that my microsoft account did not have a gamertag and a new one was created for me.

So now I'm left with 2 unnecessary gamertags due to the automatic gamertag generator, a bunch of unnecessary microsoft accounts, and I still can't connect the gamertag I actually want to the microsoft account I need.

This is an absolute mess, and has been going on back and forth for a couple months with support, so anyone who has had success going through this would be of great help.

:)

Jorge Hidrobo, May 29, 2014
  2. moving accounts

hi, can I move my xbox live account back and forth between the 360 and xbox one , I am still waiting for dlc for some games on the 360 but want to get the xbox one so I need to swap my account between the two console til all the dlc I have paid for has come
    out ,

FreakyParsley, May 29, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    moving accounts

Yes! You can. You can even be signed into both consoles at once with the same profile. Being signed into one does not affect the other.

maxen, May 29, 2014
  4. Moving Accounts Problem

I recommend you speak to Phone Support. I believe you are trying to transfer a Gamertag to a alternate Microsoft Account?

UN Clan Control, May 29, 2014
  5. UN Clan Control Win User

Moving Accounts Problem

I recommend you speak to Phone Support. I believe you are trying to transfer a Gamertag to a alternate Microsoft Account?
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

moving accounts

You can use your account on both. Also be advised you can be logged in on one 360 and one Xbox One at the same time
  7. maxen Win User

moving accounts

Yes! You can. You can even be signed into both consoles at once with the same profile. Being signed into one does not affect the other.
  8. WickederPhoenix Win User

READ asap

move your post to xbox one account and console account Enforcement Actions. they will help you with this problem
  9. Smwutches Win User

Merging content from 2 xboxs into 1 ?

Accounts can't be merged, but you can move your stuff to his console with no problem.
Thema:

Moving Accounts Problem

1. Moving Accounts Problem - Similar Threads - Moving Accounts Problem

2. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  3. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?: I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he was doing online. Well, the time has come for...
  4. Family account - move achievements

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account - move achievements: Got a "family" of one parent and 2 children. Can you move achievements from the parent to child account ? Can you change a parent account to be a child account..... maybe then adding a new parent...
  5. Move xbox account to a different live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox account to a different live account: I have a live.com account and at some point it was merged with my xbox account. Now my kid has basically taken over the xbox account so I want to split if off from my live account and move it to...
  6. Will we be able to move xbox accounts across microsoft accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will we be able to move xbox accounts across microsoft accounts?: When I first created my xbox account I was a lot younger and we used my Dad's Microsoft account which he didn't use at the time. Now I have bought games on the account and all of my game saves are...
  7. Move Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Xbox account: When I bought my minor son his first Xbox, I added the Xbox to my account and had my son sign in there to use it. He is now an adult and I want him to set up his own Microsoft account and move his...
  8. Flytta spel från ett konto till ett nytt [Translation - Move games from one account to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flytta spel från ett konto till ett nytt [Translation - Move games from one account to a...: Hej När jag först skaffade Xbox och reggade ett Microsoft konto för spel så hade jag inget konto och jag orkade inte heller fixa ett så jag ha loggade in med min dotters konto och har köpt alla...
  9. Problems after moving Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems after moving Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account: So I am experiencing the following problems after I moved my Xbox Profile/Gamertag to my brand new Microsoft Account. I did this on my Xbox 360, and initially everything seemed fine. Until I...
  10. Problem with gamertag move to another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with gamertag move to another Microsoft Account: HI I have issue with moving my gamer-tag to another Microsoft account. 2-3 months ago it was not possible as account was not 30 days on new console (I had the off-line account on different...