Moving Accounts Problem

Discus and support Moving Accounts Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having serious trouble moving my gamertag from an old microsoft account to the one that is used on all my windows computers. I have attempted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jorge Hidrobo, May 29, 2014.

1. Moving Accounts Problem

I am having serious trouble moving my gamertag from an old microsoft account to the one that is used on all my windows computers.

I have attempted to follow the steps that are outlined here: Error 0x8015402d | Microsoft Account Error | Xbox 360 Error

but the first time I did it, the gamertag I did not want, got connected to the 2 microsoft accounts at the same time (shouldn't be possible, but whatever). I waited until I could try and move the gamertag away the account I wanted to be free, and it worked,
    only to get notification that my microsoft account did not have a gamertag and a new one was created for me.

So now I'm left with 2 unnecessary gamertags due to the automatic gamertag generator, a bunch of unnecessary microsoft accounts, and I still can't connect the gamertag I actually want to the microsoft account I need.

This is an absolute mess, and has been going on back and forth for a couple months with support, so anyone who has had success going through this would be of great help.

:)

Jorge Hidrobo, May 29, 2014
  2. moving accounts

hi, can I move my xbox live account back and forth between the 360 and xbox one , I am still waiting for dlc for some games on the 360 but want to get the xbox one so I need to swap my account between the two console til all the dlc I have paid for has come
    out ,

FreakyParsley, May 29, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    moving accounts

Yes! You can. You can even be signed into both consoles at once with the same profile. Being signed into one does not affect the other.

maxen, May 29, 2014
  4. Moving Accounts Problem

I recommend you speak to Phone Support. I believe you are trying to transfer a Gamertag to a alternate Microsoft Account?

UN Clan Control, May 29, 2014
  5. UN Clan Control Win User

Moving Accounts Problem

I recommend you speak to Phone Support. I believe you are trying to transfer a Gamertag to a alternate Microsoft Account?
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

moving accounts

You can use your account on both. Also be advised you can be logged in on one 360 and one Xbox One at the same time
  7. maxen Win User

moving accounts

Yes! You can. You can even be signed into both consoles at once with the same profile. Being signed into one does not affect the other.
  8. WickederPhoenix Win User

READ asap

move your post to xbox one account and console account Enforcement Actions. they will help you with this problem
  9. Smwutches Win User

Merging content from 2 xboxs into 1 ?

Accounts can't be merged, but you can move your stuff to his console with no problem.
Thema:

Moving Accounts Problem

1. Moving Accounts Problem - Similar Threads - Moving Accounts Problem

2. Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...: Hello all how is everyone. I hope you are well because I am going to start a heated topic. Back 23 years ago I had a child. That said child grew up into a little boy that just wanted a xbox for...
  3. Moving Xbox live account to a different Microsoft acount

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Xbox live account to a different Microsoft acount: Hi, when I first started playing xbox, my Dad set up an account through his microsoft account. Now I am a bit older we’d like to transfer the xbox live account and data to my microsoft account-...
  4. Can game play history be moved to a different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can game play history be moved to a different account: I set up my son's Xbox using my Microsoft account. He has been playing under my account for a few months. I recently created him a kid's account so I can manage his playtime. How can I migrate his...
  5. MOVE Minecraft Dungeons to NEW PC. Unable to Verify Account Ownership

in XBoX on Windows
    MOVE Minecraft Dungeons to NEW PC. Unable to Verify Account Ownership: In her excitement my daughter installed Minecraft Dungeons on my WORK PC. she's had a whole heap of fun playing it, but it is now time to MOVE the game to her PC and let me get on with work. TWO...
  6. Move Progress in Games to different Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Progress in Games to different Account: My son has been using my XBox profile for playing games (Star Wars Battlefront II, Fortnite, Rocket League etc), so all his progress over the last three years is recorded here. He's now old...
  7. Move Xbox account from parent Microsoft account to child’s account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Xbox account from parent Microsoft account to child’s account: Hi. When I originally set up the xbox for my son I used my own MS account. I now wish to move his games, gamer tag etc to his MS account without him losing his games, his xbox live and the...
  8. Moving Xbox live profile to a different Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Xbox live profile to a different Microsoft account: I made my Xbox live profile way back when the service was just starting. I used a throwaway email to do so. I now have a standard email I use for all of my games/services, and I would like to get...
  9. Problems after moving Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems after moving Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account: So I am experiencing the following problems after I moved my Xbox Profile/Gamertag to my brand new Microsoft Account. I did this on my Xbox 360, and initially everything seemed fine. Until I...
  10. Problem with gamertag move to another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with gamertag move to another Microsoft Account: HI I have issue with moving my gamer-tag to another Microsoft account. 2-3 months ago it was not possible as account was not 30 days on new console (I had the off-line account on different...