Moving from the UK to Canada... What should I do with my Xbox?!

Discus and support Moving from the UK to Canada... What should I do with my Xbox?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm hopefully moving to Canada in the next few weeks. I have 50gb worth of games on my 60gb HDD for the original Xbox 360 console. My worry is that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KiTTie X, Jun 21, 2014.

1. KiTTie X
    KiTTie X Guest

So I'm hopefully moving to Canada in the next few weeks. I have 50gb worth of games on my 60gb HDD for the original Xbox 360 console. My worry is that I'm going to lose all the stuff that I've bought from the XBL Marketplace and possibly have
    to create a new gamertag (which will mean losing all my achievements as well!)

I don't particularly want to get rid of my Xbox because it'd save the hassle of having to sell it and then buy a new one over there. But I'm not sure if there's a way to get it to work in Canada? Ideally that's what I would want to do. Or at least
    just take my HDD with me.

What options do I have?

Many thanks

~Kittie

:)

KiTTie X, Jun 21, 2014
  2. LarkinMania x71, Jun 21, 2014
  3. BADMONKEY12
    BADMONKEY12 Guest
    Moving to Canada from UK

Morning all.

I will be moving to Canada early next year. I have an Xbox one and need to know if i need to buy a new Xbox one or if Microsoft have a power supply unit.

I don't really want to use a step up transformer.

I understand that the games wont be an issue but that may be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BADMONKEY12, Jun 21, 2014
  4. Moving from the UK to Canada... What should I do with my Xbox?!

THEOWENKILLER, Jun 21, 2014
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

6. WPAK Win User

Moving to Canada from UK

Hi there

you can't change the consoles region, you can only change your accounts region.

Which does mean that games currently on the console or on a UK disc will still work, but when you buy disc based games in Canada they might not work due to region differences (Console vs Disc)

Also be aware that changing your accounts region will have some possible consequences, see this link for the information:

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  7. BADMONKEY12 Win User

Moving to Canada from UK

Would you suggest using a transformer?

Thank you very much
  8. BobMcFly247 Win User

Moving to Canada from UK

You may alternatively try to get a confirmation email instead, if you still have access to it. If you are not able to trigger the email confirmation by yourself you may phone the support to have the phone number changed. They will send you that confirmation
    email then and can change your number then.
  9. Irixion Win User

Moving to Canada from UK

Your region will only change your account, meaning you'll have access to the Canadian Xbox Live (Or rather, North American) Store.

Your console though, will still be PAL, and not NTSC. This means that you'll be able to play your PAL games on your PAL console, but will not be able to purchase any new disc games or DVDs and play them in your console because they are NTSC. You can't change
    disc formats, and you can't change your console's region to NTSC. To play new disc games, you'll have to grab a console from here--used ones run around 100 CAD at say, EB Games or Gamestop (But that runs the risk of mods or banned consoles so I don't recommend
    buying used). Walmart has super slim consoles for cheap if you want brand new. Cheers.
Thema:

1. Moving from the UK to Canada... What should I do with my Xbox?! - Similar Threads - Moving Canada should

2. If I change my carrier information will it move me to the back of the line for xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    If I change my carrier information will it move me to the back of the line for xcloud?: I changed to tmobile with hopes of getting in earlier to xcloud, my questions is if i change the carrier from verizon to tmobile will it move my chances back from the bottom? I registered a couple...
  3. Xbox one moving from Canada to Ireland

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one moving from Canada to Ireland: I bought my Xbox one in Canada and will be moving to Ireland. I am wondering if i can just use a regular adapter to plug my xbox into, or if I need to buy a new power supply cable....
  4. Moved from UK to Canada wanting to purchase Xbox One S and get 50,000 points

in XBoX Rewards
    Moved from UK to Canada wanting to purchase Xbox One S and get 50,000 points: Hi, I just moved to Canada from the UK and my account was created in the UK with my previous Xbox. I am wanting to buy the Xbox One S with the free game and $50 gift card on the Microsoft store...
  5. Xbox Playdates Canada moving to 2 playdates a week (Starting in April)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Playdates Canada moving to 2 playdates a week (Starting in April): You read that right, starting in April we are going to be playing with the Xbox Community twice a week, every Wednesday and Thursday night at 9PM EST 6PM PST. keep up to date with what we are...
  6. Moving from Canada to Spain

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving from Canada to Spain: Hi, I bought my Xbox One in Canada in 2015 and I am moving to Spain. May I used it there?. Do I need a transformer for the V?. Thanks, 14eff33d-6e4d-4b60-8af2-3fc033ea2326
  7. Moving from UK to Canada, Help please!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving from UK to Canada, Help please!: I am moving from the UK to Canada, I will be bringing my Xbox One with me, I found this convert on Amazon, can anybody tell me if this should work in Canada with my UK plug?...
  8. Moving Xbox One from Canada to UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Xbox One from Canada to UK: Hello, I am a student from Canada who will be studying in Scotland, UK. I am planning to take my Xbox One with me. With this in mind, I have a few questions. 1. Will I still be able to connect...
  9. Moving to Canada from UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving to Canada from UK: I am moving to Canada next month, some answers have helped clear a few things up but what about the games? Can i still play UK games once i have changed my consoles region settings to Canadian...
  10. Moving to Canada from UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving to Canada from UK: Morning all. I will be moving to Canada early next year. I have an Xbox one and need to know if i need to buy a new Xbox one or if Microsoft have a power supply unit. I don't really want to use...