Moving Gamer Tag to New Account

Discus and support Moving Gamer Tag to New Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I recently upgraded my phone from an HTC 8x to a Lumia Icon. I decided this was a good time to ditch my old Microsoft Account for various... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by frostdillicus, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Moving Gamer Tag to New Account

Hello.

I recently upgraded my phone from an HTC 8x to a Lumia Icon. I decided this was a good time to ditch my old Microsoft Account for various reasons and associate a new account with my new phone. This is well and good except I can not find an easy way to reclaim
    my gamer tag from this account. I don't really care about saving the achievements or the few purchases I made so I'm not asking to merge accounts or anything. I am just looking to transfer the gamer tag from the current account to the new account.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an almost impossible process. I have attempted to contact Xbox support multiple times and they don't even seem to understand the request I am making let alone offer any guidance on how to solve the problem. The new account
    does NOT have an Xbox Live account associated with it. I have been very careful to prevent that from happening. However, my old Xbox Music subscription is up and I would like to buy a new one, but I am not going to do that if it means either losing my gamer
    tag or not having access to the subscription on my phone.

A major hiccup to all of this is that I do not own an Xbox and do not have access to anyone that does. Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

:)

frostdillicus, Nov 12, 2014
  2. Dockings
    Dockings Guest
    So, how many of you are 10 year Xbox Live gamers?

I started with the xboxlive beta with the headset and MotoGP disk, but I currently have a new different gamer tag due to my associated Hotmail account going inactive, due to not logging into email, and thus preventing me from renewing the live account. I had to create a new account while I went through the steps of recovery for the Hotmail address. Once recovered, I simply stayed with my new gamer tag... Now associated with the old Hotmail account. :-(

Dockings, Nov 12, 2014
  3. Moving XBL Tag to a new MS account.

Is it possible to move an XBL tag to a new MS account on an xbox one. I have looked extensively online and spoken with Microsofts chat that explained to me that I would need to move my tag back to my xbox 360 as well as setup a tag on my 360 with the new
    MS account for 30 days and then use the 360 to change MS accounts (xbox 360 use to have a method of doing this) This process is ridiculous there has to be another way.

XTH BLACK ROSE, Nov 12, 2014
  4. Hauntedsamurai Win User

Wrong Account

So I make a new microsoft account and transfer the harp one to it, then I can move the gamer tag to my new hotmaill?
  5. kelly1KT Win User

xbox one s profiles (family (adult-who occassional plays and 2 children who play)

Hi.

So the gamer tag associated with my email (the adult) is there to stay or can I delete that gamer tag and create my own? Then I could create a new profile for son #1 and a new gamer tag.

I have figured out/created a new profile and gamer tag for son #2.

So I would like to:

change the gamer tag that is connected to my email account (the adult).

If possible I would like to keep my son's gamer tag and just move it to the email account/profile I created for him... (I'm pretty sure you said I couldn't do this but just checking?
  6. WantedCastle89 Win User

Created a Child Account in Family settings and he has now lost all his achievements and Gold access?

I have the same problem. Does anyone know if WITHIN the same account, the Gamer Tag and associated history can be moved to a new Child Profile?
  7. FlippantParrot9 Win User

Windows 8 and Xbox Live are on different emails

From what I can tell I'm going to have to make a 3rd fake account, move the unwanted gamer tag to that account, then after the 30 days time move my real gamer tag over to my actual account.

This seems like a relay poor set-up.
  8. kbutterly Win User

Is there anyway to limit playing time when child is playing using my account

Thanks for the quick reply.

He actually has a child account, but his 'gamer tag' is associated with my account. From what I have researched, you cannot move a gamer tag to a child account on an Xbox One. If that is not correct, any references to how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
    If it matters, and I know it does for Xbox 360, I have an Office 365 subscription on my MS account. On a 360, that prevents moving gamer tags.
Thema:

Moving Gamer Tag to New Account

1. Moving Gamer Tag to New Account - Similar Threads - Moving Gamer Tag

2. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?: I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he was doing online. Well, the time has come for...
  3. Move gamer tag to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamer tag to child account: I just recently learned that you can setup a child account under Xbox and limit their playtime. Up until now my son has used my account which is attached to my email. Is there a way to move the...
  4. Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account: Both of my sons received Xbox one's for Christmas. To get them started we set their gamer tags up on mine and my husbands Hotmail accounts. Now I want to limit their screen time and transfer money...
  5. Moving my gamer tag to my sons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving my gamer tag to my sons: I added my child to my family account so I could control his time. He had always used my profile in the past so when I set up his account none of that transferred obviously so all of his games and...
  6. Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete or be able to move gamer tag from one (Microsoft) account to another: I think it’s silly how in 2018 you can’t simply move or delete account from a Microsoft email with out deleting and losing your email address, all I want to do is change the email account witch...
  7. Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?: I have been locked out of my old Microsoft Account from 5+ years ago and was wondering if I can have the Gamer-Tag on the account recovered somehow. The account is [Mod Removed] and the Gamer-Tag...
  8. Moving Gamer tag from an old account to a new one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Gamer tag from an old account to a new one.: Hi, Many years a go I borrowed an xbox 360 and set up an user profile. I now have an xbox one s on pre-order and I would like to use my old gamer tag on that. However i'd like that gamer tag to...
  9. Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.: Back in the day... I started with a gamer-tag in the XBOX1 days and also used this with the XBOX360, later I got rid of all the gaming stuff and didn't use this account for years. Always been a...
  10. Moving a gamer tag associated with an email to a new email that already has a profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag associated with an email to a new email that already has a profile.: I would like to move a Gamertag associated with an email that I do not use to another email that already has an xbox live profile on it. I have found there to be two methods for this: 1.Making a...