Moving My Xbox Profile (Gamertag) To Complete New Email

Discus and support Moving My Xbox Profile (Gamertag) To Complete New Email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so i was at this for ages yesterday, and i spoke to xbox support, and he told me what to to do and i thought i had everything sorted. Here is what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Electric Okapi, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Moving My Xbox Profile (Gamertag) To Complete New Email

Ok so i was at this for ages yesterday, and i spoke to xbox support, and he told me what to to do and i thought i had everything sorted.

Here is what i want to do.

I want to create a new email address, one that doesnt get junk from amazon and puregym and all the rest. A clean inbox email.

Once ive made the e-mail, i want to move my xbox gamertag to that email. So that will be my new xbox email for signing in etc.

I spoke to support, and he took my through the guide of chaning my ALIAS, and making the new e-mail the primary alias. And in the end i can now sign in with the new e-mail address. However, it hasnt moved the gamertag to a new e-mail, all its done is basically
    change the name of my email. So all my inbox emails and everything is transferred.

So basically all that has happened is my sign in email has changed, but its still the same e-mail, with the same inbox junk etc. Only the name has changed. Thats now what i want.

I want to move my gamertag to a WHOLE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS. I dont want to JUST CHANGE THE NAME.

Im honestly getting so stressed with this, why is it so difficult to just move my xbox account a fresh new e-mail!!!!!!

Incase this is confusing, im gona try explain it like this

MY GAMERTAG is linked to OLD EMAIL ADD

I created NEW EMAIL, and want MY GAMERTAG to link to NEW EMAIL.

What support did, was change the alias of OLD EMAIL ADD to NEW EMAIL.

So bascially i still have the same OLD EMAIL ADD, but it now has the name of NEW EMAIL.

Its the exact same e-mail address, getting the same junk etc, only its changed name to sign in.

I want a new email, totally empty from junk etc, and i want to move my gamertag to it, i dont see why this has to be so difficult.

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me.

:)

Electric Okapi, Jun 3, 2014
  2. AndyP_666
    AndyP_666 Guest
    Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

yeah just create a new email address, go to xbox.com and change the email associated with your gamertag. heres the lnk for you.
    My account : Gamertag and profile

AndyP_666, Jun 3, 2014
  3. mk30001
    mk30001 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

It gives you an option to download new profile (Gamertag). It will have you enter your email address and password, and everything should be there. I changed my Gamertag last week and everything worked perfectly fine.

mk30001, Jun 3, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Jun 4, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

6. maxen Win User

change email account- new email already has xbox membership

7. DigitalAssassin Win User

new xbox

Just to add to what Tenth has said:

-

Definitely sounds like you are trying to make a new account with an email that you have already used for a gamertag. When on the dashboard press the Xbox guide button in the middle of the controller and select the option 'Download Profile' and use the email
    and password you used previously.

-

Full steps to downloading profile here:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
  8. DigitalAssassin Win User

Can only access one profile on xbox

I still think you should call Xbox support before you commit to starting a new profile.

-

If you are to create a new one though, you will need to use a completely separate email that you have used on your wife's account. You can either sign-in to the xbox.com website with a new email and it will automatically create a gamertag which you will
    have the chance to change once for free within a certain period.

-

After that you can re-download that profile onto your console like so:

-

Or while you are on the Xbox press the guide button and go to the sign-in options and select create profile. Enter the details including an email address not used for any previous gamertags and you will be good to go.
  9. DigitalAssassin Win User

Can't associate an email address with Xbox Live???

Hey mate, sounds like you may have tried to create a new profile with an email address that has a gamertag attached to it. Just note that if you sign-in to xbox.com with an email that doesn't have a gamertag it will automatically give you on.

So when on the dashboard press the xbox guide button (big one in the middle) and select 'Download Profile' from the guide menu and enter the email and password for the account you want to sign-in to and you should see your profile.

Full steps here:
Thema:

1. Moving My Xbox Profile (Gamertag) To Complete New Email - Similar Threads - Moving Profile Gamertag

2. Flytta spell till barnprofil [Edit - Translation] - Move games to child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Flytta spell till barnprofil [Edit - Translation] - Move games to child profile: Hej, Min son har länge spelat Fifa och Fortnite på min vuxenprofil på xbox one. Nu har jag fixat familjekonto och vill använda funktionerna där varför sonen fått ett eget barnkonto. Hur kan jag...
  3. Moving a Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving a Profile: My son has always used my microsoft account for his xbox games. I have created a family account login for him with a different email. How can i move his profile and info from the previous account?...
  4. Move savegame to a kid profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Move savegame to a kid profile: Hi, My son is playing Lego Star wars force awakening under my profile I decided to make his own profile in order to configure parental control. Is there any way to move the savegame from my...
  5. Child Profile and Game progress move

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child Profile and Game progress move: My child has been playing games on his Xbox One using my account and xbox profile. I recently set him up with a child Microsoft account and a family member profile on the xbox. I have everything...
  6. How to move save data from one profile to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to move save data from one profile to another?: Good morning. Is it possible move save data from one "xbox one s" profile to another? I mean about Minecraft game. Thanks in advance for your help. 927db937-37bb-48a0-a72d-56f822e19750
  7. Moving my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving my profile: How do I move my acct profile from my xbox one to a new xbox one S 77590328-f899-462b-8c7c-72de558749fb
  8. Move profile to child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move profile to child account: When I first setup my Xbox my the kids, I created their profile under my account. Is there a way to move their profile to their own child account? ac4c4813-d6e3-4bae-94ae-4ca96c7819c3
  9. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag and Profile Between Aliases on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving Xbox Live Gamertag and Profile Between Aliases on Xbox 360: Hello, I wonder whether it's possible to move XBOX Live gamertag and profile from an alias to another one linked to the same Microsoft account. I'm using a Hotmail.com alias, which is my primary...
  10. Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox: I was chatting with xbox support but suddenly wasn't getting any additional responses. They were working my request to move the gamertag under my account / profile to a new account / profile...