MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

Discus and support MS, Please remove Kinect region lock in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, first of alI, I am really happy with my Xbox One. But, as a German who likes to play games in their orignal language, I find it quite frutrating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ForestTroll05, Feb 14, 2014.

1. MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

Hi,

first of alI, I am really happy with my Xbox One. But, as a German who likes to play games in their orignal language, I find it quite frutrating that I can't set my console to English language while I have chosen Germany as my region, which I have to, in
    order to be able to buy and download stuff from the store. Even in games where you can choose the language in game (like Tomb Raider DE), I can't use English Kinect voice commands if my console's region is Germany. Hence, it would be really nice if I could
    have my region set to German and my system language set to English at the same time.

:)

ForestTroll05, Feb 14, 2014
  2. TheProperJayC, Feb 14, 2014
  3. MadMaelstrom
    MadMaelstrom Guest
    US version of RB2

Is the RB2 game from the US definitely region locked?
    I have to admit to the 360's use of region locking being the consoles biggest achilles heel imo, I'd love to be able to remove it

MadMaelstrom, Feb 14, 2014
  4. MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

I second that 100%!

If there's some weird region-lock policy behind it, please make the reasons why you can't do it transparent, Microsoft! Another suggestion would be to force in-game language selection options on game developers or at least force them to inform us in their
    marketplace or dvd-cover gamedescription if their game supportst language selection. It's really weird to have to praise EA(!) out of all publishers for having language selection options in all their games. I for one will not buy any more games for my xbox
    one of that I don't know with certainty that it's playable in english without having to reboot twice (change to us/en region/language, reboot, play, change it back to german, reboot). I played Dead Rising 3 for only 2 hours since I bought it, because it's
    THAT annoying (there goes your DLC money! ...because of some stupid region settings!)

FFsReedRichards, Feb 16, 2014
  5. FFsReedRichards Win User

I second that 100%!

If there's some weird region-lock policy behind it, please make the reasons why you can't do it transparent, Microsoft! Another suggestion would be to force in-game language selection options on game developers or at least force them to inform us in their
    marketplace or dvd-cover gamedescription if their game supportst language selection. It's really weird to have to praise EA(!) out of all publishers for having language selection options in all their games. I for one will not buy any more games for my xbox
    one of that I don't know with certainty that it's playable in english without having to reboot twice (change to us/en region/language, reboot, play, change it back to german, reboot). I played Dead Rising 3 for only 2 hours since I bought it, because it's
    THAT annoying (there goes your DLC money! ...because of some stupid region settings!)
  6. JaenaJusty Win User

Can't authorize payment option

Microsoft system is just too heavy on its own, it could hardly float.

I am sure this is related to Region Lock problem either because the buyer is in a blocked region, or has a bad IP Address that MS is not able to identify the region. Or perhaps MS records got screwed, they thought you are from Mars mimicking a Canada IP....

MS Should simplify this XBOXLive, remove all those crap "Region Lock" and just allow everyone to buy whatever games they want wherever they are.
  7. juan van Win User

Is The Xbox LIVE Code From Amazon Region Locked?

Yes 12 month codes are region free - some 12 +1 cards are region locked.

MS points are Region locked
  8. ngocphi Win User

Game with Gold on XBOX ONE

You forget games that are region locked cannot be removed the region locks are there because of a international laws on games that do prevent certain games from being distributed outside their regions specifically content laws

B distribution

Both means that it is out of ms hands

Games like cod or halo that are regulated that's comes with games that have the m rating

Even recent cases like gta 5 have it there is nothing that ms nor Sony can do about international laws
  9. ngocphi Win User

I cant download almost anything because i live in cyprus and i cant choose my region to be cyprus

well only region locked content would be an issue and you would have to get the correct ms points cards to purchase content as ms points are region locked by country
Thema:

1. MS, Please remove Kinect region lock - Similar Threads - Please remove Kinect

2. Please, Microsoft stop this nonsense [Mod Removed] protection of Xbox/MS gaming app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Please, Microsoft stop this nonsense [Mod Removed] protection of Xbox/MS gaming app on PC: I don't know why you guys seems to enjoy to make life and gaming harder than it should be. The huge pro of gaming on PC, are modding and editing. But this is basically impossible with games on...
  3. Can we please do something about the [mod removed] spam I keep getting in my messages?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we please do something about the [mod removed] spam I keep getting in my messages?: I'd like to suggest that people have to play a/some game/s or something before they can send messages. I keep getting [mod removed] spam in my messages. Like I'm too dumb to find it if I want to....
  4. please explain the ban on reputation case: [Mod Removed]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    please explain the ban on reputation case: [Mod Removed]: Hi, I contacted Microsoft support to understand why my Son's xbox live account was banned. (communication). His reputation shows no complaints in any category. [img] I contact support and...
  5. Please microsoft, remove obliged gold subscription to play fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please microsoft, remove obliged gold subscription to play fortnite: Pleaseeee, microsoft, remove obliged gold subscription to play online games. I buy games at stores and have to pay againto be able to play them. This is so unfair. Ps4 players are more priviledged...
  6. I want to remove settings app from my games. Please tell how to do that.

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to remove settings app from my games. Please tell how to do that.: How to remove it [img] 46f181ae-0718-4ad3-9500-fe6f66085da0
  7. [Mod Removed: Personal] This is my 9 year old's gamer tag please invite him to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Mod Removed: Personal] This is my 9 year old's gamer tag please invite him to play.: [Mod Removed: Personal] This is my 9 year old's gamer tag please invite him to play. He has high functioning autism and struggles to understand A typical social behavior, but would really like to...
  8. Joined an xbox live party of [Mod Removed] and got ddosed, Please help

in XBoX on Windows
    Joined an xbox live party of [Mod Removed] and got ddosed, Please help: I don't think he could do it until I joined the party he wanted me to join so badly after I had threatened to report him breaking rules in a game as soon as I joined he delayed as much as possible...
  9. the number repair order: [Mod Removed]. Please contact me what is happening with the device

in XBoX on Mobile
    the number repair order: [Mod Removed]. Please contact me what is happening with the device: Hello, I have a problem with sending messages about Xbox one support. Gives the number repair order: [Mod Removed]. Please contact me what is happening with the device...
  10. Please remove the Kinect requirement from Upload Studio!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please remove the Kinect requirement from Upload Studio!: My Kinect stopped working a while ago, and since then, I've had to manually make all of my video clips. That's fine-and-dandy, but the fact that I have to have my Kinect plugged in to edit them is...