MSFS does not save settings

Discus and support MSFS does not save settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; MSFS (Standard Edition) is not saving settings. Each time the program is started, it behaves as if it is being run for the first time. In order to try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joel Finkel (finkel), Jul 30, 2022.

1. MSFS does not save settings

MSFS (Standard Edition) is not saving settings. Each time the program is started, it behaves as if it is being run for the first time.

In order to try to solve the issue, I did a complete uninstall (removed all traces of it on disk) and then reinstalled. This did not solve the problem. The Community directory is empty, so it is not a problem with an add-on. All activity is performed through the Xbox PC application.

The installation on my laptop does not exhibit this problem. I would expect that settings would be synchronized to the cloud, but evidently this is not happening on my main rig.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions,

My rig:

Intel i5-11600K

Asus Z590 TUF Gaming

32 GB memory

EVGA NVidia RTX 3070

:)

Joel Finkel (finkel), Jul 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra feedback Joel, did you already leave the flight sim insider program? Please double check that

Maybe the game still thinks that you're on it

If yes, let's try something different.

Create a new local admin user on your PC and try running the game from there and test how it goes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Joel

Is your other PC on Windows 10 or 11?
    If you try with a different game pass game, the issue persist or its only with Flight Sim?

Besides reinstalling the game, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this problem?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. Joel Finkel (finkel) Win User

Josef,

My desktop rig, where the problem manifests itself, is Window 10. It works as expected on my Windows 11 laptop.

I have tried turning off the firewall, which had no effect.

I have looked at the Event Viewer and see nothing of interest.

This started when I signed up for the Xbox Insider Program and, with that, installed the Beta of the upcoming release (I wanted to see the effect of DLSS). I then uninstalled the beta and reinstalled the current production bits. That is when the problem began.

And that is why this morning I did a complete uninstall. I deleted the Official and Community folders. I also confirmed that the data residing in my AppData/Local and Roaming directories had been deleted. I did not examine the registry for any leftover keys, so perhaps there is something in there that is causing the misbehavior.

Thanks again for your assistance!
  5. HShvs Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Encountered this issue this morning - annoying! I found a solution that worked for me and saved me from having to redownload entirely.

Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Reset and Repair MSFS. This will remove the icon from Xbox Game Pass so 'install' MSFS on Xbox Game Pass again, but selecting the install path the game was on will trigger the actual file repair.

The game should then just run as per normal.
  6. DavidR60 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator

does MSFS 2020 work with existing peripherals like go flight and Saitek hardware
Thema:

1. MSFS does not save settings - Similar Threads - MSFS does save

2. MSFS addon purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS addon purchase: I am trying to buy an addon but unable because of a window indicating "Micrsoft Flight Simulator-044 FlightSim credits" where I need to add my profil adress. Entering this page only allows to...
  3. Controls on MSFS not working on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controls on MSFS not working on Xbox: Since the last update my controls are not working correctly, the pitch of the plane is now inverted, when i try to turn left, it goes right and vice versa. Also the trim gets stuck, it does not go...
  4. MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update!: Hello, after the last FS2020 update on 9/21/22 my game just quits as soon as I hit "Ready to Fly" button. The game launches fine, all updates in place including Xbox app, Windows store, WU, and...
  5. MSFS That account does not exist

in XBoX Accessibility
    MSFS That account does not exist: Basically a couple a days ago I was lookin through steam, found MSFS and wanted to play and when I booted up it prompted me to log in, and I logged in, it then told me that account does not exist,...
  6. MSFS 2020 Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. As a result, you may...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. As a result, you may...: Hello the message: Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. As a result, you may experience errors during the game. Has just showed up when I loaded up the game, it has never shown...
  7. How do you get real support for msfs issues. Sending me from article to articel does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get real support for msfs issues. Sending me from article to articel does...: How do you get real support for msfs issues. Sending me from article to articel does nothing and microsoft support hasn't got a clue how to fix things. 07f294c0-87f7-4e12-b926-00ef147a8e89
  8. Why does MSFS refuse to start saying it does not have an applicable license for software...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does MSFS refuse to start saying it does not have an applicable license for software...: When I attempt to start MSFS (Premium Edition, which I bought for over $100) from the store, it diverts me to XBOX (why?), which then tells me that I own the software and subsequently refuses to...
  9. MSFS 2020 - The AUTOPILOT function does nor function properly on ANY aircraft. It's...

in XBoX on Windows
    MSFS 2020 - The AUTOPILOT function does nor function properly on ANY aircraft. It's...: I have tried the AUTOPILOT function on the aircraft that are single engine and also the Beechcraft King Air. The AP function does not do what it is supposed to do. Doesn't hold altitude, doesn't...
  10. Download Link to MSFS 2020 does not download for me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download Link to MSFS 2020 does not download for me: I paid for the product a month before it was available for download. Last week it was available but my link does not want to download. I've been trying to get someone on the phone which I found...