multi-step authentication for signing into xbox account

Discus and support multi-step authentication for signing into xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to find a way to set up multi step authentication for my xbox live account and I can't figure out how to do it, I have read articles... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Liamboio, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Liamboio
    Liamboio Guest

I have been trying to find a way to set up multi step authentication for my xbox live account and I can't figure out how to do it, I have read articles on how to do it but they aren't accurate in explaining how to set it up. I have the authenticator app
    on my phone and it is set up for my microsoft account that is attached to my xbox live account, but everytime i sign into my xbox live account, it doesn't ask for a code sent to my phone or any sort of authentication. does anyone know how to set up an xbox
    live account with multi step authentication by getting a code through text or anything like that??

:)

Liamboio, Feb 22, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Liam,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. You can set up two step verification. Under your security information go to advanced options and set up two step verification.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account. If prompted to validate your identity, enter the security code that was sent to your device.
    2. Select Security and then scroll down and select More security settings. You’ll be asked to enter your password or receive a security code to make sure you, and only you, are updating your account security.
    3. Under to Two-step verification, select Turn on two-step verification, and then confirm the change when prompted.
    Thanks,

Brad
  3. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Spam Messages from bots

4. BlindmanEX Win User

Son Hacked Please Help!!!

You could pay for a name change or contact support. Since the new gamertag may not be appropriate, they should offer you the option to change for free. But I dont work for Microsoft so I can't speak for them.

Also Microsoft offer 2-step authentication for Xbox Live Accounts. I would turn that on after changing your gamertag.

Instructions are located here on a Microsoft blog:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../step-by-step-enabling-multi-factor-authentication-on-xbox-one
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Device removal

Also is there a way to determine which device has been purchasing items?? Unfortunately not.

These devices that are shown, only confirm devices that you have signed into with your account.

The best way to be 100% secure for this is to enable 2 step authentication and when you sign into another device DO NOT remember details, device or password.

This way whenever you sign on again you will need to use 2 step authentication again with that device. Removing the device using the accounts page is sufficient to forgetting that device and forcing it to use 2 step
    authentication again.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

xbox live password works on account.live but not on xbox 360

Thema:

1. multi-step authentication for signing into xbox account - Similar Threads - multi step authentication

2. I thought it was a new feature (multi thread downloads) , but it was only a system glitch...

in XboX Insiders
    I thought it was a new feature (multi thread downloads) , but it was only a system glitch...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  3. May Update Why Do All My Games Require Multi-GB Updates?

in XBoX Accessibility
    May Update Why Do All My Games Require Multi-GB Updates?: So I updated my Xbox One and now all my games which are on disc require very large updates and can't play until they are updated. This is about the last straw, I'm on Hughesnet and any update is...
  4. playing a multi player game on 2 consoles registered to same account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    playing a multi player game on 2 consoles registered to same account.: I have 2 xbox one consoles under my account. I want to play a multiplayer game against my new roommate. What do I need to do? 47593eb5-440b-4b26-b34b-42ab142eca86
  5. Multi player NHL 20

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multi player NHL 20: Hi: My two sons share an Xbox one. They each have their own account and xbox live. My question is, my one son has been playing NHL 20 with his cousin (different xbox console), and we are trying...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick: My Xbox Elite controller 2. I've only had used my controller for the last 4 days, and noticed the right thumbstick to be a bit wobbly while playing call of duty modern warfare. This issue cause...
  7. Connecting to multi-player online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Connecting to multi-player online: Hello. The game is Perfect Dark Zero and I have the following error: ”your profile does not allow you to connect to networked game modes” i have checked my permissions and they are set to...
  8. マインクラフト統合版でps4側の友達が1人だけうまくマルチができません。[Translation-O nly one ps4 friend can't multi well in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    マインクラフト統合版でps4側の友達が1人だけうまくマルチができません。[Translation-O nly one ps4 friend can't multi well in...: 私は、ps4のマインクラフトが統合版に対応したと知り、友達とマルチプレイをしようとしました。 私はwindows10版で、友達はps4です。 お互い、xbox liveでのフレンド登録や、ps4側のMicrosoftアカウントの紐付けといった事前準備は済ませております。...
  9. 마크PE 멀티 연결이 안되네요ㅠㅠ [Edit - Translation] - Mark PE Multi connection is not possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    마크PE 멀티 연결이 안되네요ㅠㅠ [Edit - Translation] - Mark PE Multi connection is not possible: 친구들이랑 멀티 하 는데 자꾸 '월드에 연결 수 없습니다'가 서 만 못들어가네요 품인데다가 엑스박스 로그인도 다시 해봤 재설치까지 했는데도 안되서 괜히 친구한테 미안해지네요 공 기 바로 옆에서 해서 와이파이는 빵빵했는데 왜 그럴까요 해결법 알 주시면 감사하 습니다! [Edit - Translation] - I'm trying to...
  10. Wordament Multi Player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wordament Multi Player: i have played Wordament MultiPlayer for years and now I can’ The message is “Sign in to Wordament failed” 941d1e5b-655d-4d45-9b12-093758377f8d