Multiplayer settings Windows10

Discus and support Multiplayer settings Windows10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Where can I find the setting that allows multiplayer games? I have tried finding it for 2h now from microsoft and xbox settings but keep ending up to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by evaskuke, Jun 10, 2021.

1. evaskuke
    evaskuke Guest

Where can I find the setting that allows multiplayer games? I have tried finding it for 2h now from microsoft and xbox settings but keep ending up to family online safety help page. When I click data protection and network security, which is probably supposed to open the setting, it doesn't open a new page - just leads to the same help page.

:)

evaskuke, Jun 10, 2021
  2. evaskuke Win User

Where do I find the tab?

When I click Privacy&Online safety, it does not open a new page.
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

If you want to check your privacy and online safety settings, you may login on this link and follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    2. Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    3. You can also change other settings before clicking the Save button.
    4. Play the game again.
    If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.
  4. BlessedTM Win User

Hello,

Do you mind Screenshotting to see what you're seeing?
  5. evaskuke Win User

That link just leads to the same help page. When I click data protection and network security, it loads and open the page again. Where can I find the setting and allow it?
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

I’ll try to cover all the possible reasons as to why you’re unable to adjust your account privacy settings.

Firstly, you can manage your privacy settings and online preferences on the privacy & online safety page

(Xbox.com), or on a Xbox One or Series X|S console. Regardless of where you change your settings, the settings will take affect on all devices on your account.

If you’re on a child account, an adult from the same Microsoft Family will need to sign in and adjust your privacy settings for you. If you’re not in a family, you’ll need to join one so that these settings can be adjusted at: https://account.microsoft.com/family

Note If an adult updates your child account settings, you’ll need to sign out and then back in to to your account on the console for the settings to take effect. Also be sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save these account changes so this applies next time you sign in.

Refer to:

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

If you’re being redirected from the account privacy settings page back to the support page, this most likely means you’re on a child account. You may also be part of a Family where another account is set as the adult/parent account which can restrict you from making any changes. If your account was under 18 and has since reached the age that determines you as an adult (18 in most countries) and you’re in a family, then the system may still identify you as a child. If this is the case, you’ll need to leave the Family that you’re in to resolve this.

The exact privacy options need to be allowed to enable multiplayer:

“You can join multiplayer games”

“You can play with people outside of Xbox Live” (only required for cross-play)

“You can create and join clubs” (if joining or creating clubs)

Try from another browser and/or in private incognito mode if you’re still unable to access the privacy settings page. Clearing the browser’s cache and cookies may also help.

Also, sign in to the main account page on the Microsoft website at https://account.microsoft.com - sometimes there’s account info that needs to be verified or an account error that needs to be resolved. This can affect certain settings and prevent account changes, purchases etc. Anything that requires attention should be in red on this page, then follow the prompts.

All this could be (and should be) made clearer on the support guides. There seems to be a misunderstanding as to how privacy and family settings work, there are many other threads with the same question on the forum. I’ve lost count of how many complaints and threads I’ve seen mentioning the redirect loop - making it difficult to change privacy settings to enable multiplayer.

More information on Microsoft Family settings and features here: https://www.xbox.com/community/for-everyone/responsible-gaming

If this issue persists or you encounter further errors contact support - they can investigate your account and will advise on what to do, pointing you in the right direction. Alternatively, you can go through Microsoft support (different support portal but you’ll reach the same team). Once you get to the virtual support agent select ‘Xbox’ then select live chat or request a call back. The contact options will show the estimated wait time/queue.

Thanks for reading! Post back if you have any further questions. I’m happy to clarify anything, if needed. Here to help :)
Thema:

1. Multiplayer settings Windows10 - Similar Threads - Multiplayer settings Windows10

2. Mincraft 'multiplayer is disabled. please check your microsoft acount settings.' problem...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mincraft 'multiplayer is disabled. please check your microsoft acount settings.' problem...: Hello, i am expiriencing an issue with the multiplayer mode in mincraft. The issue is that my multiplayer is 'disabled' and i have already tried swithcing acounts, signing off and on again and...
  3. Cant play multiplayer on Minecraft because of privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play multiplayer on Minecraft because of privacy settings: So I recently bought Minecraft for my Xbox one S but it won’t let me play online because it says my account is setup in a way and my privacy settings aren’t letting me. I have done literally...
  4. multiplayer is disable please check your microsoft account setting - what i need to do

in XBoX on Windows
    multiplayer is disable please check your microsoft account setting - what i need to do: hi i buy the game minecraft java to pc and i cant choose to play with multiplayer what i need to do? please help me thanks 326b46af-5b46-4b70-8802-885dc390a8be
  5. PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU STILL CAN'T CHANGE MINECRAFT MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS! EVERYONE TELLS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU STILL CAN'T CHANGE MINECRAFT MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS! EVERYONE TELLS...: HERE'S THE ANSWER....I spent days in a loop being sent back and forth and always ending up at the same privacy and online settings stage. The problem is, as a few users have pointed out, is that...
  6. Message "You cannot play on multiplayer servers because of how your account is set up" on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Message "You cannot play on multiplayer servers because of how your account is set up" on...: Minecraft isn't letting me on multiplayer servers even though I have an Xbox Live Gold Subscription and my clubs and multiplayer settings are set to "allow". I personally think one of two things...
  7. Minecraft: Disable “Friends of Friends” in Multiplayer Settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft: Disable “Friends of Friends” in Multiplayer Settings: Hello, Im trying to set up a very safe and controlled environment for my two kids (5 & 7 years old) to play Minecraft with a couple of their friends. I noticed that the settings for multiplayer...
  8. how do i change my microsoft account settings so i can play multiplayer minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i change my microsoft account settings so i can play multiplayer minecraft?: plz i really need help with this 82ed5124-8814-455c-93d3-c6dae42d2141
  9. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up. Please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up. Please...: I play minecraft nintendo switch and have been trying to sign in with a microsoft account for 2 months and when it works, i can't play on servers! Nobody has told me how to change the settings and...
  10. Not allowed to play multiplayer games - despite all settings being correct

in XBoX on Windows
    Not allowed to play multiplayer games - despite all settings being correct: Hi, in my family everybody can play Rise of Nations (Windows 10 xbox) together online. Although I have the same settings, I always get the error message that I do not have permission to play...