Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves

Discus and support Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all ... question ... obviously ... I have 3 kids who love to play and they were wanting to play all at the same time ... long story short we were... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Young2Young, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Young2Young
    Young2Young Guest

Hi all ... question ... obviously ...

I have 3 kids who love to play and they were wanting to play all at the same time ... long story short we were able

to purchase 2 used xbox one S..s and now we have three !! I have been able to get them all onboard my Live

subscription ...

Now to the real question ... I purchased a hard copy of Sea of Thieves for one of my kids ... now the other 2 want

to play and work together as a team (like this) ... Initially I (think) transferred Sea of thieves from the home

xbox to the other 2 xboxs' but of course each box is wanting the physical disk to work ... so after checking

the online store I see that it is available for a great price but it is a digital download .... so am I stuck in looking

for additional hard copies or is there a workaround with the digital download as I am under the impression one

can share the digital downloaded game across all 3 boxes ... of is it possible to just use the original hard disk ?

I hope someone more knowledgeable then I ... firstly understands what I am trying to do ... and secondly may be

able to give me a solution

thanks !

:)

Young2Young, Jan 8, 2019
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Let me see if I can explain it for you a little better.

No matter what console an account is signed into it will always be able to play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions (gold, game pass, EA access)

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its home console and ANY other profile on that console can then play its digital games and use its subscriptions without the main account being signed in at the same time.

Each profile can change which console they have set as their HOME console only FIVE times a year.

So lets look at your situation. You said you have all the subscriptions and games under your account

I will use this diagram

A1- Your account- Has all the digital games and subscriptions

A2- Kid 1 account

A3- Kid 2 account

A4- Kid 3 account

No matter which of the 3 consoles you sign into you will be able to play the digital games and use your subscriptions

C1- Console 1 - You set this console as your home console ALL 3 kids would be able to play your games and use your subscriptions

C2- Console 2 - Would only be able to play your games and use your subscriptions if you are signed in at the same time

C3- Console 3 - Would only be able to play your games and use your subscriptions if you are signed in at the same time

The thing is this you would only be able to be signed into ONE console at a time so in the scenario above only 2 of your kids would be able to play any of your digital games at the same time. Now if you were to buy a Physical copy in the above scenario
    Console 3 would be able to play the game on their console at the same time as the other 2 kids but they would not be able to use any of your subscriptions.

So in your scenario if the game is an ONLINE only game you would at least need 2 gold subscriptions and 1 digital copy of the game and 1 physical copy of the game.

They should never of been able to play that game at the same time online unless someone somewhere had a gold subscription.

Once you signed in on the 3rd xbox it should have signed you out of the second xbox and kicked that kid from the game and online if he was online.

Now you did say that you bought the Xboxes used It is possible that someone else still has that xbox set as their home xbox and still has an active gold subscription that is allowing your kid to use it.
  3. Young2Young Win User

OK so if I understand ... I will remove the Physical disk copy off the home xbox and install it on one of the other ones ... then purchase the digital download onto my home box and transfer that to the box that isn't using the physical disk ... ?
  4. Young2Young Win User

hey thanks for the info ... I was looking at the game pass but read on these forums that yes it is included for free but once

the game is removed we could no longer play it ... we did get the digital download for Monster Hunter World shared that with 2 xboxs and they were able to get online from both boxes ... so I wonder if that online access is game specific then ?
  5. Young2Young Win User

LOL ... I am trying to get away from the situation that I unintentionally did with Overwatch ... yes I ended up purchasing 3 separate physical copies of the game for each console without thinking about the digital download ... they were all able to get
    on and play at the same time on the same team using only one Live account ... if I remember correctly ... since I am the one that holds the wallet ha ha ... I logged into the home box ... my first kid then switched to their profile ... I went to the 2nd box
    logged in ... this caused my to be logged out of the home box but still kept my 1st child in the game ... my 2nd child then switched to their profile ... I logged into the 3rd box and consequentially they were all playing on the same game on the same map at
    the same time all using just my LIVE account .... but wonder if this was possible because they all had a physical disk ... not the digital download ... hmmmm
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Good day

Digital games can be shared between 2 accounts.

So you can gameshare between 2 of the accounts and the 3rd one can use the hard disc.
Thema:

1. Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves - Similar Threads - Multiple Sea Thieves

2. Xbox controller issues on multiple devices. Frustrating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller issues on multiple devices. Frustrating: I have purchased 3 xbox controllers in the last 6 months and all are having some sort of issue! the headphone jack stopped working on 2 of them, and the right joystick is constantly pressing down...
  3. Xbox One File Manager copy multiple files ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One File Manager copy multiple files ?: Is there a way with Xbox One's File Manager to copy multiple files at once ? I can only copy paste one at a time. c8aa0d23-10d1-4ee2-8519-6a0f47dd49dc
  4. multiple xbox kid accounts and permissions

in XBoX on Consoles
    multiple xbox kid accounts and permissions: I have an xbox live parent account(mine) I have 2 xbox ones that my kids use to play fortnite One box is set as the home box 2nd is set as the additional box I have both kids accounts on xbox...
  5. Have multiple realm worlds and clubs that are unable to be deleted. Need help on how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have multiple realm worlds and clubs that are unable to be deleted. Need help on how...: Howdy so I've looked almost everywhere and even went to Mojang support and tried to find the right link to get rid of both the realm itself and the club that comes created with it. I have 3 realms...
  6. Can I have multiple accounts on an xbox that share games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I have multiple accounts on an xbox that share games?: forgive me I am new to this. I have two kids that each have an account. I bought the xbox minecraft edition so they could play. My son logs into his account just fine. when my daughter logs in...
  7. Logging into Multiple XBOX ONE Consoles with the same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logging into Multiple XBOX ONE Consoles with the same account: My family has bought ALL of our movies under my Microsoft account. We have a nice library. When we had an Xbox one and an Xbox 360 in the house, we could use both consoles at the same time under...
  8. multiple profiles access to DLC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    multiple profiles access to DLC?: In ARK, only one profile is able to play a single player game. The other profiles (we have three) on our console are unable to open ARK. When we hit START, and it goes to the start menu and press...
  9. Xbox Live Gold - Multiple Accounts (subscription issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold - Multiple Accounts (subscription issue): This is a VERY odd issue so bear with me. I bought a 2nd Xbox One yesterday & setup it up, etc. Prior to this 2nd console we had main console & have been using it for about 2 years (without...
  10. Minecraft plusieurs joueur (pas en ligne) [Translation - Minecraft multiple player (not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft plusieurs joueur (pas en ligne) [Translation - Minecraft multiple player (not...: Allo, J'ai reçu une XBox One S en cadeau. J'ai téléchargé Minecraft. Nous sommes trois et nous voulons jouer ensemble, comme nous le faisions avec notre XBox 360, mais nous ne sommes pas capable...