Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves

Discus and support Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all ... question ... obviously ... I have 3 kids who love to play and they were wanting to play all at the same time ... long story short we were... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Young2Young, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Young2Young
    Young2Young Guest

Hi all ... question ... obviously ...

I have 3 kids who love to play and they were wanting to play all at the same time ... long story short we were able

to purchase 2 used xbox one S..s and now we have three !! I have been able to get them all onboard my Live

subscription ...

Now to the real question ... I purchased a hard copy of Sea of Thieves for one of my kids ... now the other 2 want

to play and work together as a team (like this) ... Initially I (think) transferred Sea of thieves from the home

xbox to the other 2 xboxs' but of course each box is wanting the physical disk to work ... so after checking

the online store I see that it is available for a great price but it is a digital download .... so am I stuck in looking

for additional hard copies or is there a workaround with the digital download as I am under the impression one

can share the digital downloaded game across all 3 boxes ... of is it possible to just use the original hard disk ?

I hope someone more knowledgeable then I ... firstly understands what I am trying to do ... and secondly may be

able to give me a solution

thanks !

:)

Young2Young, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Young2Young Win User

thanks for the warning ... so far we haven't had an issue ... but I will watch for it ... I seem to recall a sales rep telling me, but can't confirm of course as I don't have 5 Xbox's, that one can have up to 5 devices on LIVE. This was to allow for the
    old family membership that XBox you to sell
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Let me see if I can explain it for you a little better.

No matter what console an account is signed into it will always be able to play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions (gold, game pass, EA access)

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its home console and ANY other profile on that console can then play its digital games and use its subscriptions without the main account being signed in at the same time.

Each profile can change which console they have set as their HOME console only FIVE times a year.

So lets look at your situation. You said you have all the subscriptions and games under your account

I will use this diagram

A1- Your account- Has all the digital games and subscriptions

A2- Kid 1 account

A3- Kid 2 account

A4- Kid 3 account

No matter which of the 3 consoles you sign into you will be able to play the digital games and use your subscriptions

C1- Console 1 - You set this console as your home console ALL 3 kids would be able to play your games and use your subscriptions

C2- Console 2 - Would only be able to play your games and use your subscriptions if you are signed in at the same time

C3- Console 3 - Would only be able to play your games and use your subscriptions if you are signed in at the same time

The thing is this you would only be able to be signed into ONE console at a time so in the scenario above only 2 of your kids would be able to play any of your digital games at the same time. Now if you were to buy a Physical copy in the above scenario
    Console 3 would be able to play the game on their console at the same time as the other 2 kids but they would not be able to use any of your subscriptions.

So in your scenario if the game is an ONLINE only game you would at least need 2 gold subscriptions and 1 digital copy of the game and 1 physical copy of the game.

They should never of been able to play that game at the same time online unless someone somewhere had a gold subscription.

Once you signed in on the 3rd xbox it should have signed you out of the second xbox and kicked that kid from the game and online if he was online.

Now you did say that you bought the Xboxes used It is possible that someone else still has that xbox set as their home xbox and still has an active gold subscription that is allowing your kid to use it.
  4. Young2Young Win User

OK so if I understand ... I will remove the Physical disk copy off the home xbox and install it on one of the other ones ... then purchase the digital download onto my home box and transfer that to the box that isn't using the physical disk ... ?
  5. Young2Young Win User

hey thanks for the info ... I was looking at the game pass but read on these forums that yes it is included for free but once

the game is removed we could no longer play it ... we did get the digital download for Monster Hunter World shared that with 2 xboxs and they were able to get online from both boxes ... so I wonder if that online access is game specific then ?
  6. Young2Young Win User

Hi All ... first thanks to all the assisted with my question ... compiling all of your replies I was able to make my scenario work with much success ...

This is what I have done ... hopefully it will help any of you out there

1. 1st of the 3 Xbox One S's

- this is my home Xbox

- purchased the digital download of Sea of Thieves

- allows 2 xboxs' to be used under one license

2. 2nd Xbox - transferred game onto this xbox

3. 3rd Xbox - purchased a physical copy of the game

4. Signed into Xbox Live with my ID and started up the game on the home Xbox

- 1st kid changed from my profile to their profile

5. I signed into the 2nd xbox with my ID

- this signed me out of the home xbox - my child was not kicked off the home xbox and they were

able to continue in xbox live

- my 2nd child then switched to their profile on the 2nd Xbox

6. I signed into the 3rd xbox with my ID

- this signed my out of the 2nd xbox - and as before my 2nd child was not kicked out of the 2nd xbox

and they were able to continue with the xbox live

7. my 3rd child then switched to their profile on the game

Viola !! all were playing ... they invited each other to a private channel chat ... using Turtle Beach headsets were

able to play and talk to each other

PS: this also worked with Overwatch ... and no indication this wont work with any other games we play
Thema:

1. Multiple Xbox One S..ss with Sea of Thieves - Similar Threads - Multiple Sea Thieves

2. Different Charges on Multiple Accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Different Charges on Multiple Accounts?: So I removed a card from billing info making it impossible for the card to be charged right? My friend buys Battlefield 4 Premium with HIS card and it says in purchase history that the card was...
  3. Multiple problems with Xbox one x... any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple problems with Xbox one x... any advice?: problems 1. Games/console constantly freeze. Have for hard reset it probably 3 times every time i play 2. Constantly getting booted offline. (Not internet, 500mbs and wired connection) 3. Never...
  4. Vudu app and multiple charges

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vudu app and multiple charges: Why is it everytime I try to buy a movie on my Xbox one X, using the vudu app, will it charge me 3 times? I buy multiple movies a week and it's starting to get irritating having this happen EVERY...
  5. Multiple errors.

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple errors.: Constant syncing of data to Microsoft Edge, troubles loading basic websites via microedge. problem with wireless connection to router but when checked states 25 MBS + with 0 packets lost and 92%...
  6. How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family): My kids cannot access all the games in our shared inventory. We have three xbox ones, and are paying for five accounts. I have everyone in the family and I am the main account. I have console “a”...
  7. Just to have a conversation, you have to open multiple tickets

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just to have a conversation, you have to open multiple tickets: My last ticket was AGAIN immediately locked so I could not reply. The answer was absolutely incorrect. Chat with a gamer does not work. I completely understand that they as gamers will not be able...
  8. I have multiple questions pertaining to issues!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have multiple questions pertaining to issues!!: why is it that I can not renew my realm? why isn't my xbox one s reading my external 5 TB hard drive? especially when it was working just fine before. there has to be something wrong because...
  9. Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working: Hello, I have seen this question posted on many threads, but it won't answer my question. This happened on 2 controllers, along with many other people that have the same prob;em. The headphone...
  10. having multiple problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having multiple problems: Since the recent update i seem to have multiple problems. First off all, when i go to the section of all my games and apps it doesn't show anything and keeps loading. This for about a week or 2...