Multiple xboxes

Discus and support Multiple xboxes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For Christmas 2018 I bought one of my children (physical and on my Microsoft account) an xbox one. From what I can work out it is MY xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dzharri_, Mar 21, 2020.

1. dzharri_
    dzharri_ Guest

Multiple xboxes

For Christmas 2018 I bought one of my children (physical and on my Microsoft account) an xbox one. From what I can work out it is MY xbox live subscription, not his - I remember marking his xbox one as my home console. I don't really want the subscription
    TBH but I think that was the only way I could get it working.

I have now bought an xbox one for my other child (physical and on my Microsoft account). How do I go about ensuring he has access to xbox live? They both want to play Minecraft together (I have bought another copy of Minecraft so they now have one each -
    I believe you have to put the disc in to be the licence) and Fortnite.

Should I have bought a subscription for child #1 so that then I could buy a subscription for child #2? Should I have bought a xbox live code for them to redeem?

IT expert of over 30 years but can't figure this one out at all!

Many thanks in advance.

:)

dzharri_, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

Multiple xboxes, multiple users.

Hey there -

The Xbox One has the
    Home Console
    system which is designed for families with multiple users/consoles to share games across consoles without needing to purchase the same game multiple times. Making sure that is set up correctly should alleviate many of the issues you're outlining
    regarding sharing games.

Regarding Destiny and needing to be logged in - Do you own multiple copies of the game digitally or on disc? If it's a digital copy, double check that your purchase for the game went through using the account in question's
    Microsoft Commerce account or the account's

My Games
    section.

Let us know if that helps or if you have other questions we can help with. :)
  3. Hawkphreek Win User

Multiple xboxes

So with four of us there would need to be 2 "home" xboxes and 2 sets of the game we desire to play.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Multiple xboxes

No matter what console the profile that bought the games is signed into it will always be able to play its games and use its subscriptions.

Each profile can set one console at a time as its home console and any other profile on that console can then play its digital games and use its subscriptions.

With this in mind in your situation only 2 consoles at a time would be able to play the games.

Let me see if I can explain it to you.

P1= Profile with purchased games and subscriptions

P2= Kid profile 1

P3= Kid profile 2

C1= P1s Home console

C2= Console 1 that is not P1s Home console

C3= Console 2 that is not P1s Home console

C1 all 3 profiles can play any of P1s games and use P1s subscriptions without P1 being signed in

If C2 or C3 want to play any of P1s games on either P2 or P3 then they would need first sign into P1 on either of those consoles then switch to their profile and then they can play any of those games or use P1s subscriptions Keep in mind going this route
    P1 would not be able to sign into any other Xbox One console to play because it will then sign out of that console and kick the person playing out of the game or online. So only the home console and one other console would be able to play P1s games and use
    any subscription at the same time
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Multiple xboxes

i believe so.
    You can not share across three consoles. You can not post information like this, it is neither accurate or helpful.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Multiple xboxes

You can only have one xbox set to home xbox, which would allow all users to play using the gold live and share games. The account holder could the sign into any other Xbox and have Live and access to their games. Unfortunately it won't work between 3 consoles.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
Thema:

Multiple xboxes

1. Multiple xboxes - Similar Threads - Multiple xboxes

2. Game pass ultimate on multiple xbox with multiple kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass ultimate on multiple xbox with multiple kids: I currently have 1 xbox one. As a parent with family sharing, I have the game pass ultimate under my account. I have thought about getting a second xbox so that my kids can play online at the same...
  3. My Xbox Is not working in multiple ways and I don’t know how to contact a real worker from Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Is not working in multiple ways and I don’t know how to contact a real worker from Xbox: My xbox is having so many problems and i really need to get in contact with someone from xbox but i cant and dont know how, to give a summary of my problems. First the green screen that first...
  4. Help with Parental controls and multiple xboxes with Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental controls and multiple xboxes with Minecraft: Hello I was hoping someone could help us figure this it. My daughter has a live account on her Xbox OneX she is trying to set up her sons Xbox (no live account) with parental controls so he can...
  5. Xbox turn itself off suddently multiple times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn itself off suddently multiple times: Hello. Xbox one x 1.5 years old having shutdown issues. Couple days ago under loading in the ori and Will game it suddently turned itself off. Then it have worked fine for 2 days, but now...
  6. Multiple Bugs (Xbox One X Alpha Skip Ahead).

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple Bugs (Xbox One X Alpha Skip Ahead).: [IMG] Hard rebooting the console removes anything you have in your download que and moves them to their install sections as if they are finished installing. DLC is not showing up under Manage...
  7. Xbox game pass no longer shared across multiple xboxes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass no longer shared across multiple xboxes: Hello, Since the latest update, i am no longer able to share my xbox game pass with my girlfriend. I have my account (which owns game pass) set as home console on her xbox, but the only way for...
  8. Xbox turns on multiple TVs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on multiple TVs: So I have 2 Vizio TVs in the same room as my xbox one. I set it up to turn on my bigger TV and that works great, but it keeps controlling my little vizio TV as well. Is there a way to fix this...
  9. Windows 10 & xBox Companion with multiple monitors

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 & xBox Companion with multiple monitors: I have a Win10 computer (yes, with all the updates) on which I regularly use three monitors. I recently started using xBox Companion on one of the monitors and can game with an xBox controller...
  10. multiple xbox One consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    multiple xbox One consoles: My son goes back and forth between his dads house and my house. His dad has him set up as a child account and game shares with his console at his house. I bought him another xbox one at my house....