Music apps no sound

Discus and support Music apps no sound in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all! For quite a while now there haven't been any sound when playing Spotify. Thought it had sth to do with the app so I tried re-installing it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ceredras, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Ceredras
    Ceredras Guest

Music apps no sound

Hi all!

For quite a while now there haven't been any sound when playing Spotify. Thought it had sth to do with the app so I tried re-installing it but no sound. Just installed groove music to play cd's, but no sound there either. Sound works perfect otherwise, watching
    Netflix or playing games and so on. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

TIA

Su

:)

Ceredras, Sep 3, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Music apps no sound

Hello Ceredras,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to hear what is playing on your music apps on your Xbox One console.

Is this occurring while using only a headset, or does this happen with all sound even concerning sound from the television?

If the problem persists, try doing a soft factory reset of the console,
    reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  3. MirshkoOrdo18 Win User

Background music

I'm not sure how iPhones or Apple Music work in this scenario, but on Android, music will only stop when the app opened has its' own music or sounds. If it works the same way with Apple OS, then my suggestion would be to turn off all sounds in the settings
    for your Solitaire game, then try restarting the music and see if it works then.
  4. baltyofgod Win User

Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no sound. I can see the app is playing the music, but
    you hear nothing. When you pause and restart, there is a split second of music, then it stops very quickly. I downloaded the Amazon Music App and it does the same. Youtube works fine and all other sounds are functioning fine, just music streaming on these
    two apps. I've hard rebooted and still no sound. I've read that others are experiencing this issue but so far no answers have been posted. Can someone direct me on how to fix this? Thanks!
    Hi, have you tried uninstalling and redownloading the app? I also suggest you see if there are problems in the app maybe with the last update will have had some problem bug.
  5. AllisonMcDowell Win User

No Sound in the XBox Music/Video app

I'm having the same problem (song is playing but no sound) but not with all my songs. I haven't figured out if the songs that have no sound have anything in common yet, but that's my next step.
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

No Sound in the XBox Music/Video app

Hmm, that's very funky. So even the volume control from within the app will make noise? Have you tried playing videos as well? Same deal?

I'm curious about the library itself. Were these songs you previously owned, or purchased through the marketplace. What if you try to play the files with another program?

Thanks for sticking with us!
Thema:

Music apps no sound

1. Music apps no sound - Similar Threads - Music apps sound

2. Music editing app or software available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Music editing app or software available: is there a music editing creating software or app for x box one? 63e4cfce-ff42-44f8-abf2-52abeab59d22
  3. Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally: I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no sound. I can see the app is playing the...
  4. Music App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Music App: When is YouTube music coming to Xbox One?! 4b4f6bb1-5b68-40b8-8bc7-d0b53baf7ee9
  5. Sound Levels On Music Apps (Background Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound Levels On Music Apps (Background Music): I wish that we could adjust our sound levels more then you can at the moment when playing Pandora as background music. I currently play fortnite and the lowest volume level is just a little bit...
  6. Xbox One Groove App not showing any music whatsoever from OneDrive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Groove App not showing any music whatsoever from OneDrive.: So I've noticed that for some reason the Groove app on my Xbox One just decided to stop working completely. It won't show any of the music on the OneDrive and I know it's a problem with specially...
  7. New Music apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Music apps: There's a new Music app called gimme radio and its an all metal station and I would like to see it on Xbox so I can listen to it while I play my games. db04ee44-769a-4d4c-913c-57268f19fdaf
  8. Music apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Music apps: Since new update on Xbox one s on guide menu the status bar for your music app is missing can I get it back? 2d703a25-bdfb-481b-bb88-ff75d548dbd7
  9. After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...: After inserting CD, the tool used to automatically start playing music using CD player app. Today when I put in a CD, it does not automatically activate CD player app but jumped to app store...
  10. No familiar music apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    No familiar music apps: I like too start by saying hello too all my fellow xboxers My apologies in advance if this is not the right place to post this, but after one too many beers it has come too my attention that...