Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase?

Discus and support Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have a game I want to purchase and I have a gift card that covers the total amount. However, I have no method of purchase(debit card, credit card).... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Comdervids, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Comdervids
    Comdervids Guest

I have a game I want to purchase and I have a gift card that covers the total amount. However, I have no method of purchase(debit card, credit card). Can I just apply the gift card and buy it or do I have to have a credit card even to make a purchase only
    with gift cards?

:)

Comdervids, Aug 19, 2019
  2. All Memes Count Win User

All you need is a gift card that will cover the price and you don't need a credit card on it and also make sure you have enough for tax also.
  3. EPIC PersyMan Win User

what kind of purchase you want to do ?
  4. MerSauta Win User

Hi Comdervids,

Thank you for making a post on the forums. If you would like to know more about gift cards, you can head here Learn about gift cards and
    codes
    for more information. Hope this helps!
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Depends what the game is? If it is Xbox Original or 360 backwards compatible and you are trying to purchase on an Xbox One. The answer is yes, you would need another payment method. Account balance can not buy backwards compatible games on the Xbox One
  6. Arkham99 Win User

MS points no more

One thing that they got right was to make Gift Cards an option instead of forcing people to link their Credit Cards or PayPal account, no matter to me, I won't be a GOLD Member for much longer after this change is implemented anyway...:)
Thema:

1. Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase? - Similar Threads - Must link credit

2. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC?: I have the Halo: Masterchief Collection for XBOX. I noticed that the same game was recently released on the PC platform. So, I figured I'd see about downloading the game onto my PC... Since I...
  3. Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JewsFundedIsis [link] [comments]
  4. Missing “Audio” button. Is there any update as to when this is getting fixed? It’s a ‘must...

in XboX Insiders
    Missing “Audio” button. Is there any update as to when this is getting fixed? It’s a ‘must...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MN_LudaCHRIS [link] [comments]
  5. You guys must really have no life or can't read

in XBoX Accessibility
    You guys must really have no life or can't read: So, ATTENTION XBOX ENFORCEMENT ....how is this a reason to suspend anything??? His handle is [mod removed] Maybe you need to be a bit more better at picking who and why you ban next time I'll...
  6. DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox: When I first got my Xbox 360, I created a different account from my main one (I foolishly didn't realize I could have made my main account an Xbox Live version) and purchased some things on it...
  7. Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!: Attention: Microsoft & Xbox high level executives and whatnot! We the people, Users of Xbox One Console, Have had enough! In this discussion, I will be both blunt and honest! We have a serious...
  8. Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy: [img] Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy I want to know how to the free dlc for my disc copy with out having to spend more money for a game I already payed for...
  9. I own a game but the store says I must buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game but the store says I must buy it: Hi guys need help. I own the hard copy of a game but going to the store it says I can buy the game? 84daa614-2d43-4d6a-93e5-576c57e83546
  10. ''You must have an active network connection to play Xbox Live or System Link ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ''You must have an active network connection to play Xbox Live or System Link ...: Hi all, please can somebody help my I've having a mare! Not played anything on my XB1 for a good few months now, for obvious reasons, lack of games etc.. Bought the new COD friday and played...