Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase?

Discus and support Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have a game I want to purchase and I have a gift card that covers the total amount. However, I have no method of purchase(debit card, credit card).... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Comdervids, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Comdervids
    Comdervids Guest

I have a game I want to purchase and I have a gift card that covers the total amount. However, I have no method of purchase(debit card, credit card). Can I just apply the gift card and buy it or do I have to have a credit card even to make a purchase only
    with gift cards?

:)

Comdervids, Aug 19, 2019
  2. All Memes Count Win User

All you need is a gift card that will cover the price and you don't need a credit card on it and also make sure you have enough for tax also.
  3. EPIC PersyMan Win User

what kind of purchase you want to do ?
  4. MerSauta Win User

Hi Comdervids,

Thank you for making a post on the forums. If you would like to know more about gift cards, you can head here Learn about gift cards and
    codes
    for more information. Hope this helps!
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Depends what the game is? If it is Xbox Original or 360 backwards compatible and you are trying to purchase on an Xbox One. The answer is yes, you would need another payment method. Account balance can not buy backwards compatible games on the Xbox One
  6. Arkham99 Win User

MS points no more

One thing that they got right was to make Gift Cards an option instead of forcing people to link their Credit Cards or PayPal account, no matter to me, I won't be a GOLD Member for much longer after this change is implemented anyway...:)
Thema:

1. Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase? - Similar Threads - Must link credit

2. Must be signed in to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Must be signed in to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC: I recently purchased Forza Horizon 4 on windows store. When I try to launch it, it says that I must be signed in in order to play it. When I bring up my Microsoft account, there are no issues. I...
  3. Why must i pay again for owned games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i pay again for owned games: I uninstalled fable anniversary and it didnt show in my ready to install list. I assumed this was because it is in gamepass and was moved to that list for the time being. Then when i went to the...
  4. why I must to pay xbox gold to play apex legends while on playstation 4 and pc no? Microsoft ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I must to pay xbox gold to play apex legends while on playstation 4 and pc no? Microsoft ?: i have a pc, and i don't pay the "gold", some friends have a ps4 and don't pay the "ps plus", i WANT TO PLAY ON XBOX AT APEX LEGENDS I MUST PAY THE [Mod Removed] WHY?...
  5. The free game this month, INSIDE, is absolutely incredible. You MUST dload and play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The free game this month, INSIDE, is absolutely incredible. You MUST dload and play it.: I would download and play this game, but unfortunately i playing in games from Playdead only by pre-order always ^_^) 34b4b658-f455-4094-a08f-c20ece633882
  6. Summer Must Haves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Summer Must Haves: the saga gears I'm playing all the games to be ready for 5 49554352-dbde-4d37-b03b-581a2572179c
  7. To Chat in this party you must make changes to Network Issue

in XboX Insiders
    To Chat in this party you must make changes to Network Issue: Hey All, Im having an issue and I do not see anything about it on here. So Every time I join a friends part it tells me to chat you must make some changes to your network. The fix for this is...
  8. Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!: As you guys know that PS4 and PS4 Pro Support HDR in 4k, FHD resolution both. But Why still does XBOX one X support HDR only in 4K resolution? Still there are many guys use FHD HDR monitors than...
  9. Gaming Must Promote and Protect the Safety of All

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Must Promote and Protect the Safety of All: Posted by Phil Spencer, the head of the Xbox Division: Today, in an opinion article I published on the Official Microsoft Blog, I shared my views on gaming as one of our society’s great unifying...
  10. ''You must have an active network connection to play Xbox Live or System Link ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ''You must have an active network connection to play Xbox Live or System Link ...: Hi all, please can somebody help my I've having a mare! Not played anything on my XB1 for a good few months now, for obvious reasons, lack of games etc.. Bought the new COD friday and played...