Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Discus and support Muted headset symbol on xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 headsets that no longer work on my Xbox One S. I have tried these headsets on other Xbox One S and they work fine. I have tried all of your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LushUnicorn09, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

I have 2 headsets that no longer work on my Xbox One S. I have tried these headsets on other Xbox One S and they work fine.

I have tried all of your recommendations on your website to fix the issues and this has not worked.

One my home screen, I have a muted microphone symbol which I can not get rid off.

I have searched all the xbox forums and this seems to be an ongoing glitch with the console.

Can you please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thank you

:)

LushUnicorn09, Jul 30, 2019
  2. CareerDevotee0 Win User

Problem with xbox one s mute symbol appears
  3. CareerDevotee0 Win User

help...help...help..Problem with xbox one s mute symbol appears
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Muted

Hi Wayne!

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Since you've tested out the headset on other devices and it appears to be functional, then you may wish to try out the headset on a different controller if you haven't already. Whenever the headset is plugged
    into a controller, you should see a headset symbol where you are seeing a muted mic symbol. You'll definitely want to check the OneGuide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller while the headset is plugged in, then scroll to the right of the guide to
    the Gear symbol for settings, then choose Audio settings and ensure that the mute is not engaged.

If mute is not engaged on the Audio settings, then double check that the mic is not muted on the headset itself (assuming your headset has an audio switch). Should it not be muted. either via the console or the headset itself, then you'll want to ensure
    that this is not true on a different controller. Reason being is that it is possibly the headset jack itself that isn't recognizing headset and causing the muted mic symbol. I'm listing out some helpful articles below that contain troubleshooting steps that
    you can take to determine what may be happening:

Give these a try and let us know the results!

I hope that this helps out!
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

If you're having trouble using the mic in chat please try these steps to see if one of them helps.

1. Mute then unmute other people in your party
    2. Have other people in the party mute than unmute you
    3. Power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
    4. Delete your gamertag, powercycle the console again then redownload your gamertag

If you still have trouble with the headset you can try the steps at this link

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

I also wanted to mention that perhaps it is an issue with the jack itself. You could try getting a headset adapter for the controller. I use one exclusively and have never had an issue as the adapter is more stable than the jack.
  6. Sir Lancealot83 Win User

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to the xbox forums. My understanding is that the headset audio is muted not the mic correct? Also when you tried it on a different console were you using the same controller or a different one?
Thema:

1. Muted headset symbol on xbox One S - Similar Threads - Muted headset symbol

2. Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.: Son has an Xbox One S Headsets worked upon first getting the Xbox in Dec 2018 within a month they stopped working. We have tried 3 headsets, 3 controllers, Console Resets and many troubleshoots...
  3. Headset not recognized,permanent mute issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not recognized,permanent mute issue.: How the heck do you fix this. I am not buying a new zbox because of a microsoft glitch. Please help. Headset not recognized,permanent mute issue. c8a49423-fbf8-4b07-bc9b-1a273d581887
  4. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  5. Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!: Noticed my headset was not working, and started to trouble shoot it. I power cycled the xbox several times. I bought a new controller, and updated it several times. And still the headset won't...
  6. Muted xbox headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Muted xbox headset: Please help this frazzled mum!! My son's xbox is displaying the mute speaker symbol next to the battery sign and he can hear his friends through the headset but cannot speak to them We have...
  7. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  8. Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...: Why is my headset always muted? I've tried everything talked about in forums and videos and nothing works. I can not chat with my friends during games. I see that this issue is old and it seems...
  9. Headsets stay Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headsets stay Muted: An icon appeared on the screen next to battery indicator for controller showing a mic with a line through it. Since then my sons headset won't work, the mic is not switched to mute. It worked fine...
  10. Mute symbol/headset issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute symbol/headset issues: Hi, I recenty purchased a brand new xbox one X as well as a an Astro A10 headset. For about a week I was able to her sound out of my headset perfectly clear then it suddenly stopped playing...