My 2TB EXTERNAL storage is turning on but not flashing

Discus and support My 2TB EXTERNAL storage is turning on but not flashing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; its not flashing the light 7a4cffbd-0941-4a6b-a90b-8b50c709d52f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by michaelhammond7, Jan 12, 2022.

1. My 2TB EXTERNAL storage is turning on but not flashing

its not flashing the light

:)

michaelhammond7, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Michaelhammond7, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I would like to clarify, is your console not detecting the storage device? If yes, you may need to check this link for troubleshooting steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Where is the 2TB

If a Flash drive is 32GB it's 32GB, you can't give it more storage space. The same way that a 'pint' glass holds 1 pint, it can't hold more.

2TB is the maximum Storage an Xbox 360 supports. To get 2TB, you'll need a 2TB drive.

Don't bother looking for cheap 1 or 2TB Flash drives, they're fake. There are real 2TB drives, but they cost $1500!

All you need to buy is an external hdd. A 2TB external hard disk is about $80.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 (original) data transfer cable to new Xbox 360

May I point out that the Xbox 360 has supported external hard drives up to 2TB of storage since 2015. So, if you can't find a transfer cable, this is also an option. You can also use USB Flash storage. There used to be a limit, but this was removed in 2015.
  5. ingoish456 Win User

Xbone June update detailed

good about external storage ... so buy a 1tb/2tb storage ... to early for a slim with either in tho ...
  6. Klubbie Win User

In need of additional storage

Smwutches, that is the console that I have.

While researching this it seemed like at one point only 16GB flash drives were compatible with the 360. And then it appears earlier this year MS had a firmware upgrade that allowed 2TB external drives such as the Western Digital referenced by Irixion to
    be used for additional storage? That is what I am trying to clarify as I have never had to use external storage on a console before.
Thema:

1. My 2TB EXTERNAL storage is turning on but not flashing - Similar Threads - 2TB EXTERNAL storage

2. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive: So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or...
  3. Seagate 2tb external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2tb external hard drive: So i got 2 xbox Seagate 2tb external hard drive and they stopped working i cant reformat it before ot doesn't pop up on my pc dose anyone know what to do?? 76c4563d-3cc1-4ce7-bcc1-7fcfe4e88c8f
  4. Xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb: I bought a xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb 3.5 in about 3 years ago. I've never had a problem with it till a day ago. I turned on my xbox and went to play one of my games and it said i needed...
  5. Seagate external drive (2TB) has stopped working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate external drive (2TB) has stopped working.: my 2TB Seagate external drive has stopped working, for some odd reason. i'd like to hear solutions that are known to work. 886eebf0-b48f-4129-8084-c277096342b3
  6. Preview Delta system update on 3/18/2020 potentially bricked my Seagate 2TB external hard...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Delta system update on 3/18/2020 potentially bricked my Seagate 2TB external hard...: I was playing with some friends and my xbox randomly needed to update and after it installed i got back on and all of the sudden the xbox wouldn't recognize my external hard drive, the light on it...
  7. External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player)

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player): Wondering if anyone has also seen this. I have an 8TB external drive (new WD MyBook) connected to my Xbox One, detected with no problems and set up as a media drive by the Xbox. The drive contains...
  8. External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player)

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player): Wondering if anyone has also seen this. I have an 8TB external drive (new WD MyBook) connected to my Xbox One, detected with no problems and set up as a media drive by the Xbox. The drive contains...
  9. Xbox one 2tb seagate external storage has stopped working what do I do ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one 2tb seagate external storage has stopped working what do I do ?: My Xbox one 2tb seagate external storage has stopped working . Can anyone help me ? c925fc57-2915-4dfb-bc39-9b4c457c5818
  10. Xbox One External Storage (Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0) wont allow games/app saves and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One External Storage (Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0) wont allow games/app saves and ...: I bought a Seagate Expansion 2TB 3.5-Inch Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 for my Xbox One. When I plug it into the Xbox One, it is detected but only for music and other media. I cannot use it...