My 360 games are unreadable because of an original Xbox game.

Discus and support My 360 games are unreadable because of an original Xbox game. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing an original Xbox game and from time to time was switching from it to an Xbox 360 game. Upon completion of the original Xbox game, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xant The Wizard, Feb 21, 2014.

1. My 360 games are unreadable because of an original Xbox game.

I was playing an original Xbox game and from time to time was switching from it to an Xbox 360 game. Upon completion of the original Xbox game, I decided to play another 360 game. However, when I put it in the console, the disc is unreadable. Why is this
    happening?

:)

Xant The Wizard, Feb 21, 2014
  2. mbarney1
    mbarney1 Guest
    Disc Drive Problems

My Original 360 Is have problems reading my discs. I have tried all of my games and every time i put a game in it says Open Tray and on the odd occasion it says Unreadable Disc. What is the problem with my Xbox.

mbarney1, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Toad 004
    Toad 004 Guest
    backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?

Toad 004, Feb 21, 2014
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

The xbox original wouldn't have broke your drive. It's purely coincidence.

Anyway have you tried other 360 games as well? and does the xbox original disc still work?

Malacath, Feb 23, 2014
  5. Malacath Win User

The xbox original wouldn't have broke your drive. It's purely coincidence.

Anyway have you tried other 360 games as well? and does the xbox original disc still work?
  6. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  7. Lexbar Win User

Cant read disc after black ops 2 update

Xbox 360 Slim Halo Reach Edition. :Disk Is Unreadable / Unrecognized..." ... Plays on original 360 ...
  8. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Game Install...What's the Purpose?

Installing games on your hard drive improves load times and minimizes game disc access.

-

Right from the Xbox 360 support pages on installing games onto the 360.

-

Another thing it does that isn't mentioned is that the content is checked to ensure all data is copied and not corrupt or unreadable. Really important if you just bought a new or used game is to install it. Will let you know if there is a problem before
    you get into a game and have it crash or cause some other glitches because a section of the disc is unreadable or corrupt. Be amazing if the 360 could download any portions that are unreadable or corrupt and patch the disc image as long as it passes the basic
    DRM check. Maybe with the Xbox One it will be available.
  9. HassanB Win User

Games on demand causing unreadable disc error

Hi,

Try the games on demand disc unreadable troubleshoot guide here.
Thema:

1. My 360 games are unreadable because of an original Xbox game. - Similar Threads - 360 games are

2. Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile: I got my younger cousin on my xbox account using the kid profile thing where he has his own profile but its linked to my xbox live when he tries to play some of the 360 games I have his profile...
  3. Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S: Hello, this may be a bit long but the issue here is quite complex and I want to make everything as clear as possible by giving all the details needed. Please, if you are a Xbox 360 expert, give...
  4. Can not play XBOX classic games on my XBOX 360!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not play XBOX classic games on my XBOX 360!?: Hi everyone, my problem is that I can not play my xbox classic (original) games on my XBOX 360. I know you can play some titles on the XBOX ONE but the librarý which is accepted by the XBOX 360...
  5. Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold: I have an old xbox 360 and Fifa 11. I just signed up for Xbox Live Gold so that I could play online but when I try to connect it says the EA servers are down. Is this a connection error or is this...
  6. Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360: So I came across a problem while trying to play Conker: Live and Reloaded on my Xbox 360. It all Started when I got it and put it in only to find that I didn’t have an Xbox 360 hard drive so I got...
  7. Cant buy Xbox 360 game on Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant buy Xbox 360 game on Xbox one?: Hello. For a year ago i bought red dead redemption 1 on an xbox account for my xbox one x. it works fine. Today i tried to buy red dead redemption 1 on another xbox one and with another...
  8. Connect Xbox 360 game to Xbox Live, on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Xbox 360 game to Xbox Live, on Xbox One: Hi, I'm trying to play Fable 2 (for Xbox 360) on my Xbox One console. The problem is "impossible to connect to Xbox Live" and as a result I can't insert my profile and save the games played. What...
  9. anyone Having a problem with Xbox 360 games not showing up on the Xbox one homepage for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    anyone Having a problem with Xbox 360 games not showing up on the Xbox one homepage for...: - Im trying to install Call of duty ghost (Xbox 360 disc) on Xbox one and it doesn't give me a option to install it again on my homepage but when I put a xbox one disc in my tray it works fine,...
  10. Xbox games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox games on Xbox 360: So there is absolutely NO WAY I can play an original XBOX game on 360? I mean no updates or anything will work? d6160dd7-c3a6-492d-9d24-1e0efbb43020