My account and gamertag

Discus and support My account and gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok so i was trying to change my gamertag and all of a sudden i get an error saying an error occurred and im so confused and i refresh the page.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kibblemaker1264, Aug 7, 2019.

1. My account and gamertag

Ok so i was trying to change my gamertag and all of a sudden i get an error saying an error occurred and im so confused and i refresh the page. Obviously the page gives me a 404 error The heading was too long. I try changing my gamertag on my PC next and
    the same thing happens. Now i try going to the help center and it says the help center is down and i was lucky enough to find this.

Can you help me?

:)

Kibblemaker1264, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Mr Boozyhead Win User

My account / Gamertag

You can contact msoft on 0800 587 1102
  3. Kibblemaker1264 Win User

My account and gamertag

Thanks! I think it was just chrome being annoying with its tabs. I guess every browser has its problems
  4. Kibblemaker1264 Win User

My account and gamertag

I can send a screen shot of what i get when i try to load it. This happens when i try to go to my account on the xbox website. :EDIT: Now i cant even enter the xbox website without getting this error
    [​IMG]
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

My account and gamertag

Do you have any add-ons for your browser turned on? A error is identifying the headers on the request was too large, which can be from add-ons and security settings. Definitely try a different browser, and see if turning off some of the add-ons you have
    in your primary browser and see if that changes the page load.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

My account and gamertag

Hi Kibblemaker1264,

First restart your PC. Then try using a different browser. The site isn't down so there has to be something else giving you a 404 error. Type in account.xbox.com in the address bar and hit enter. You'll be prompted to sign in, or if you are already signed
    in it should take you to the home page of your Xbox account. To change the gamertag select Profile and then Customize. Then click the little pencil icon next to the gamertag to change it. You can also click on the top right icon of your gamer pic and select
    Xbox profile from the drop down options.

As stated by the Xbox Ambassador, there were changes to gamertags not too long ago which can be read here:

Gamertag Update FAQ

You get one free gamertag change with this new update which you can do from the following link: http://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

I hope this helps!
Thema:

My account and gamertag

1. My account and gamertag - Similar Threads - account gamertag

2. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  3. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...
  4. Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account: I have a gamertag, , that I registered many years ago. I wasn't using it for a while and never linked it to a Microsoft account. I chatted with Microsoft support and they told me that there is no...
  5. Two Gamertags on one Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Gamertags on one Microsoft account?: Hi, when I log in to my microsoft account then my xbox account name is aces2542 but when logging in to Xbox Game Pass (PC) as name shows me rosjanka97 and what's even funnier when I trying to...
  6. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  7. Delete Xbox Gamertag from Microsoft account without deleting Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Delete Xbox Gamertag from Microsoft account without deleting Microsoft account: I have a secondary Microsoft account that has an unused Xbox Gamertag associated with it. I would like to remove / delete the unused Xbox gamertag, but I don't want to delete / close the...
  8. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  9. Account recovery to get my old gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery to get my old gamertag back: A long time ago I made an account at a friends house with the gamertag ZTBowza. I would like to obtain the account back but I can not remember the email that was linked to it because I was 10...
  10. Account not being used with gamertag that I want

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account not being used with gamertag that I want: I was wondering if i could change my gamertag to something that is already taken but not being used. So lets say i want the gamertag “Pool” but someone already has that gamertag but the account...