my borderlands 3 will not start up

Discus and support my borderlands 3 will not start up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have had the game now for a couple of days but only got to use it yesterday as i was away before that. i keep getting the message "for some reason... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ebay_442, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Ebay_442
    Ebay_442 Guest

i have had the game now for a couple of days but only got to use it yesterday as i was away before that. i keep getting the message "for some reason borderlands 3 has taken too long to start "

i have tried what i believe to be all the

.i have turned it on and off again

.i have hard reset my xbox

.i have done some testing and found out that it is only that game

i do not know what to do next if you could suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ebay_442, Nov 5, 2019
  2. crazy8canuck Win User

I have this issue from time to time... what I have found that fixes it is starting the game, immediately backing out to home. highlighting the game icon (should say resume) instead hit start and choose to exit it. After a few second the icon will change
    to 'start' rather than resume. Give it a go.
  3. Lavindathar Win User

Uninstall and reinstall the game.
  4. MobileMattw Win User

Hello Ebay_442,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Based on the troubleshooting steps you have already performed, we believe the next step to be re-installing the game. You can highlight the game icon and press start, but choose uninstall instead. After that, you can reinstall
    the game from the disc, or from your ready to install section if its a digital.

Hope this helps!
    Hi Ebay_442,

Have you had chance to try the reinstall the game as Chris mentioned?
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Ebay_442,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Based on the troubleshooting steps you have already performed, we believe the next step to be re-installing the game. You can highlight the game icon and press start, but choose uninstall instead. After that, you can reinstall
    the game from the disc, or from your ready to install section if its a digital.

Hope this helps!
  6. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Are you usin an xbox one x? Are you apart of the xbox insider program? Is your console up to date? Not sure what else could be causing the problem unless borderlands 3 is the problem. If so all you can do is wait for a patch to be released.
Thema:

1. my borderlands 3 will not start up - Similar Threads - borderlands start

2. borderlands 3 crashes all the time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 3 crashes all the time: there is a problem i am having and don't know how to fix. borderlands 3 will let me play for a week and after that week every time i try to load the game it crashes on the gearbox logo and the...
  3. Borderlands 3 game disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 game disappeared: So I have a woozy for y'all. I went to play Borderlands 3, which I already had downloaded and installed, and it popped up insert disc/ buy in store. So I click on store button. Lo and behold in...
  4. Borderlands 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2: I keep getting the error code 0x8b108490 when I login to play the game e90e3f44-a11d-4088-bada-ee4df3f6366b
  5. Borderlands 3 shuts console off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 shuts console off: Borderlands 3 randomly turns my xbox one x off, it First happened when I joined a friends game and now it does it when I play solo I can play game for a few hours before it happens. I have...
  6. Borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3: Is anyone else having a issue with fast travel? I can't travel anywhere now 34b7b0b9-d680-4682-80ff-e6a88110d8cf
  7. Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.: So last week, I was playing Borderlands 3 and randomly it crashed, my xbox turned off and I was thinking "oh no biggie, I'll turn it back on" but to my dismay, it just keeps turning on for 10 secs...
  8. I’m trying to join my friends in Borderlands 3 and I installed the update but it’s not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to join my friends in Borderlands 3 and I installed the update but it’s not...: I installed an update for Borderlands 3 and now I cant join my friends game. 8c58ef51-84b3-488a-8f34-b68c317fd66d
  9. Borderlands 3 took too long to start - Error 0x8027025A - Possible hardware issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 took too long to start - Error 0x8027025A - Possible hardware issue?: I have an Xbox One S that has developed issues over the last few days. I installed BL3 on launch day last Friday and since then I have gotten Error 0x8027025A almost every time I have tried to...
  10. Borderlands 2 won't start but it worked fine yesterday.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 won't start but it worked fine yesterday.: I can't start borderlands 2 up when i try i get the "Do you own this game or app?" Pop up i downloaded borderlands 2 origanly through an xbox 360 disc, and then was informed by a friend that i...